• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

chilli killer

I think thats half the fun of the shows and competitions. I, like many others here, enjoy watching someone taste something I made and they get a look on there face that just cannot be described or they buckle over in pain...or one of the best ones was a guy that ate our HOT Chili and proceeded to try to pull his tougne out of his mouth while jumping up and down yelling "IT BURNS!!!! IT BURNS!!!!!" I calmly looked at the guy and said to him "Did you think these trophies for HOTTEST CHILI were a joke??" LMAO.!!!! Some people don't understand the meaning of EXTREME!!!!!!!

Does your display make it quite clear that your products are or have extreme heat levels?

yes we have lables on stands that say mild, medium, hot and extreme.. They are placed in front of the bottles on the stand and the extreme ones we also warn people that it is extreme.. and as for the hottest one we got people have to ask to sample this and then i can hype it up and draw the crowds in and make someone cry.... i love it. The extreme one in question i also put the bottles on a paper that said Caution extreme then underlined..All our sauces have different tastes and sensations and reactions which is why i love sellin the stuff.As for the people that say give me the hottest you got i just love it watchin the pain and tears roll down their red faces it is so funny like def said it makes it for him all worth while. And the feedback is brill too when someone comes back an hour later and says iv'e only just got over that ( with a face full of icecream) like a kid..

Some people have you sign a release for extreme heat. If you do that they will know you are serious... and they cannot sue. ;)

Milk... release... better than chilli killer.

We are on to that.. i must say. People think why you gotta sign for that?? Then i suppose you say coz it's flipin hot and you can't sue me!! lol love the way you think THP

cool you all changed my mind like you all said it's a silly idea and just love watchin the pain people are in.. My day job i am an ambulance emt so am on standby in case someone has bad reaction or collapses lol

I like the ones that try to stoneface me after downing the Zero. They never say anything (probably cause they can't speak), shrug their shoulders, turn to leave, and about 3 booths down stsrt running for the beer tent. It makes waking up in the morning for a show SO worth it.

I've had a few of these types stand out by a smoking section after the 'tasting', when I've come out for a cig. I stand there and listen to them, tap them on the shoulder, and say, "But I thought you said it wasn't hot". They look at me, stone cold busted, and more than once have bought me a beer stating they reached a level of consciousness they never before thought possible. I love my job.

DEFCON Creator said:
I like the ones that try to stoneface me after downing the Zero. They never say anything (probably cause they can't speak), shrug their shoulders, turn to leave, and about 3 booths down stsrt running for the beer tent. It makes waking up in the morning for a show SO worth it.

I've had a few of these types stand out by a smoking section after the 'tasting', when I've come out for a cig. I stand there and listen to them, tap them on the shoulder, and say, "But I thought you said it wasn't hot". They look at me, stone cold busted, and more than once have bought me a beer stating they reached a level of consciousness they never before thought possible. I love my job.

Oh lord....you have more than a bit worried, John...

....but I'm going to have to try it anyway! (and I'll probably cry like a baby!)

It's really quite funny. I have a display case FULL of Zero, and will have to travel all the way to NM to try it! :lol:

gotta say defcon your theatre stall looks amazing very good... Like you said def when they look at you stone faced and say it ain't hot and their eyes are watering and they sweating i have said to one guy ("whatever") he was sooo adament as well. He also said that the the dried chilli we sell the world record holder was not the hottest..... I just laughed and he said he can get hotter.. But when i said if he can and it was true that i would buy every single chilli he could lay his hand on and said it in front of a crowd he backtracked and it made him look silly!!!! I was serious as well if he had hotter i had the cash to buy em all up! haha

There is talk of someone possibly comin over to one of your events in america!!!!! I have of course said i will do it..

cheers i forgot that he did to me as well a few weeks ago cheers matey... You prob seen me at chilli events and food events in england..or i prob served you.lol

tristam said:
gotta say defcon your theatre stall looks amazing very good...

We kind of pride ourselves on it. The funniest thing is, we have a bunch of people that want to set up next to us because we usually draw a pretty large crowd for the duration of the show. At the Weekend of Fire show, for the last couple years, we've had an Italian ice company set up net to us. Man, do we make them some money. It is kind of a pain in the *ss sometimes, as it usually takes about 3-4 hours to set up, and 4-5 to break down the booth. Thank God I have a cooler of beer with me at all times.

wow.. hot sauce..is... hot????? unless they're complete idiots, they know what they're getting into, so, let em suffer, let us enjoy. btw, so far the best way to kill the heat that i have found is gargle with vodka, spit, gargle water, spit.

Back