• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

chilli killer

remedies for too much heat?

I've been searching all sorts of key words here in the forums, but have not gotten any hits on this topic. I bet there's posts out there, and if so, please post the link.

If NOT.....

tell me what works when you get too much heat. Hard to believe around here, but for some folks, there is such a thing as TOO HOT:mouthonfire: !

It's generally known that water doesn't work.

Milk- because capsaisin dissolves in fats/oils. So does that mean non-fat milk would be the same as water and cream would be better?

Carrots- used at the very first salsa contest I entered in 1995 for the judges (carrots have a lot of natural sugar, and maybe the chewing action scrapes the capsaisins off?)

Bread- (saltines helped the 2 little guys the other day when they were "helping"...OK, being tortured by.... Mom to taste some hot stuff. I think it was more the fact of smashing it around their mouths that scraped the capsaisin off the tongue. Didn't help the back of the throat burn.)

But the one I never hear about is sugar. The Scoville scale is based on a sugar dilution and many years ago, on a Food Network-type show I heard sugar was what they used at competitions. I had to use it one time....after tasting some 1Mil extract.

Any links to studies, videos, polls, etc will be appreciated. I even looked on youtube to see if someone had done a comparison test. We did one the other day and the 3 of us preferred carrots or sugar to milk.

Thanks for sharing~~~

it's all good!

Oh My! The forum elves/gods are at work.

Thanks for moving my post THP-

Now I just have to see if the one I was typing actually went through before my computer timed out. Back in a minute-

Hey there- our local internet gremlins are working overtime. I had a post ready to go and just about that time, we got our usual 8:15-ishpm BOOT!

Basically, it was about that I agree that the idiots at the shows need to suffer, but there are occassions when relief is a good thing. Taste-testing during R&D can get a little overwhelming sometimes!

The other post that vanished included some search subjects like-
kill the heat
remedy
cure for heat
too much heat
stop the burn

and a few others but nuthin' popped up.

Thanks again THP.

I KNOW~~~~ (me=newbie!)

thehotpepper.com said:
I don't know, it sounds kind of scammy to offer someone an extreme sauce sample, and when they are on fire, offer to sell them your chilli killer.
Buy some whole milk and offer it free.

I dunno, if you warn them that it is very hot and you should only consume this at home and they consume the product to prove to you how "manly" they are they should have to pay for that glass of milk that you just happen to have. In fact, I think $10 should be the price. Just make sure you advertise that first. It would be funny.

Back