• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Choose your THP chef... 3 course meal

I would ask THP, TB and JayT to provide my dinner table with goodness!!!!

I would have Tony05 handling the refreshments and Nova would be passed out in the corner and we would be using his butt cheeks for darts practise

I was going to say JayT, TB and THP...but seeing as THP just demoralized my avatar...I would love to sit down at a meal prepared by JayT, Potawie and Moyboy.

Pepperfreak said:
I was going to say JayT, TB and THP...but seeing as THP just demoralized my avatar...I would love to sit down at a meal prepared by JayT, Potawie and Moyboy.

Nice tie big fella ;)

Pepperfreak said:

Yes, loving ME to death is a crime!!!!!!

:rofl:

Pepperfreak said:
I'm just surprised that you only limited this to only 3 people...what gives? What about Moyboy, JayT, Potawie and me?

PF,

This is a conspiracy, These guys are ganging up.:hell:

I cry FOUL.:onfire:

NJA

Oh, for heavens sake...NJA, this is why I said the below comment. But, as you can see by my new avatar, it was obviously not what I was supposed to say...:lol:

Pepperfreak said:
But that is the thing...they all make meals that I find myself salivating over. You included! How can I choose just one chef? Besides, if I hand money for a chef, I would make sure I had a team, so I say all of them. :D

Ok some of Steve's pizza for an appetizer, TB's trout w/ the Thai chile cream sauce, and one of THP's burgers.

Wow, I've been named a couple times, amazing... lol. I will gladly cook that burger if you have a Super Bowl party, you're not that far.

bbq demiglaze:shocked: :hits: TB with a large bag of mirepoix and a small bunch of boquet garni. demiglaze de barbecue ? Pas dans ma cuisine. Prie à Escoffier pour ne pas rouler dans sa tombe:lol:

Deathtosnails said:
bbq demiglaze:shocked: :hits: TB with a large bag of mirepoix and a small bunch of boquet garni. demiglaze de barbecue ? Pas dans ma cuisine. Prie à Escoffier pour ne pas rouler dans sa tombe:lol:

I've made bbq sauce with demi many times using chipotles. I got my mize happenin' just fine. Escoffier? Never heard of the skirt wearin' frenchman. Let the bastage roll in his grave! :rofl:

Madurai chicken curry (south Indian)

THP,

Herez my recipe for Madurai Chicken.
This curry cooks in about 45 minutes in total.

Ingredients

chicken pieces 2 lbs
Onion chopped 200 gms
Green Peppers (Hotter the better)(slit) 8 Nos
Diced Tomatos 150 gms
Ginger Garlic paste 1/6 cup (3 tbsp)
coriander powder 1.5 Tbsp
Turmeric powder 1/2 to 3/4 tsp
Black pepper crushed 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli pepper powder 2 tsp
Fresh Mint and cilantro mixed 1/2 cup
Lime/lemon juice 2 to 3 tbsp
salt (non iodized) to taste
Peanut oil 4 to 5 oz

Tempering spices

Cinnamon sticks 1" 3 to 4 nos
Cloves 6 to 8 nos
Cardamom whole 4 to 5 nos.
Cumin seeds (optional) 1 tsp
Bay leaves 2 to 3 nos

METHOD OF PREPARATION

Add lime juice to chicken pieces , rub thoroughly for about 2 to 3 minutes and wash away the juice.Drain water and pat them dry with a tissue paper.
Take oil in a large pan and place on medium heat and add tempering spices. When cloves puff up, add chopped onions and fry till translucent.Immediately add green chillies (slit once and not chopped), ginger garlic paste and turn for 1 minute in oil. Add tomatos and spice powders, chicken and let them cook in oil till water comes out and is reduced.Keep stirring and do not let things sticking at the bottom.Continue stirring and the vigil for 15 minutes.

Add about 1/2 cup of water, salt and pepper at this stage, cover the vessel and cook for further 6 to 7 minutes.
chicken would have cooked well by now.

At this stage, you need to decide if you want gravy or not. If you want gravy, you may use chicken stock if you have and about 1/4 cup of cashewnut powder mixed to make thick milk.
Taste for salt.Simmer for 5 minutes .
Let the cooked chicken curry stand for 30 minutes.
Reheat and serve with Nan/Parathas or Rotis.

ENJOY

NJA

Back