• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

chsy83's 2014

2014 is here, and it behooves us chileheads to get our grow on once again.  I had planned on growing a smaller number of varieties this year, with more plants per variety . . . but there are so many to try.  I will be at least starting several varieties this year (several friends have expressed interest in some plants if I start them). 

Grow list:
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Yellow 7 Pot, Large
Charapita Yellow

Jimmy Nardello
Black Pearl
Thai (coworker gave seeds, not sure variety)

Aji Limon

Manzano

so far . . .

Updated List:

C. chinense:

• Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (saved from last year, isolated, org. from PepperLover)

• Yellow 7 Pot, Large (PepperLover)
  • Charapita Yellow (stc3248)
  • Bhut jolokia, strain II (Semillas)
  • 7-Pot Brain (PepperLover)
  • Gnarly Primo (smileyguy697)

C. baccatum:
  • Semillas
    Queen Laury
  • Birgit's Locoto
  • Guyana PI 199506

[*]PepperLover
  • Brazillian Starfish
  • Dedo de Moca
  • Aji Limon (saved from last year, previously obtained from PepperLover)

C. anuum:
  • Semillas
    Golden Cayenne
  • Sheepnose Pimento
  • Yellow Cayenne
  • Guam Boonies (Semillas lists this as anuum, I have seen it listed as frutescens other places)
  • Sweet Pickles

[*]PepperLover
  • Jimmy Nardello
  • Sweet Cayenne

[*]Other
  • Black Pearl (coworker)
  • Thai (coworker)

C. frutescens:
  • PepperLover
    The Malagueta

C. pubescens:
  • smokemaster
    Manzano

[*]Semillas
  • Giant Rocoto

That looks like a great list - very well rounded. Should be a fantastic variety of flavor, heat and beauty. One of the reasons I grow so many varieties of peppers (and other plants) is because I just love to watch them grow. Seeing all that diversity come from such boring, similar looking seed is what it's all about.
     Good luck!

I also have the Butch T, 7 Pod Large, and Yellow Brain Strain from pepperlover. I'm excited to get some different 7 Pods going this summer. Good Luck with your garden this year.

I also have the Butch T, 7 Pod Large, and Yellow Brain Strain from pepperlover. I'm excited to get some different 7 Pods going this summer. Good Luck with your garden this year.

I see that I got yellow brain as a freebie from pepperlover as well. Well, I might have to add those, too. She sent me at least as many freebies as ordered ones. I might have to add to my list…

As previously talked about, I decided to add the BS Yellow to my grow, and I added another freebie from pepperlover, the brown morouga. I started soaking tha seeds of the chinenses that I had yesterday. I will put them in seed starter trays tonight.

The only chinense seeds that I have not received yet are the bhut jolokia from semillas.  I will start them, along with the charapitas, which I forgot about.  All of the others, as well as the later additions have been started.  I also started the pubes from smokemaster.

Cells devoted:
TSBT - 216
Y7P large - 72
BS org.- 24
BS Yellow - 24
Brown Morouga - 24
Gnarly Primo - 12
Manz (SM)- 42

12213526605_487b8fe451_b.jpg

Seeds soaking.  Decided to take a tip off semillas website and put a drop of diluted dish soap in the water to cut through the oils.

12213506515_6182b07f6d_b.jpg

Lights mainly for warmth right now.  however, i did see at least one sprout already.

got my order from semillas today.  will probably start them this or next weekend.

12 cells each to:
Guyana, queen laury, bhut jolokia SII, giant rocoto, and birgits Locoto.

24 cells each to:
Orchid, aji limon (baccatum type from pepperlover), and Dedo de Moca.

36 cells to Brazilian starfish.

48 cells to charapitas.

Back