• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Cigars

sounds pretty nice greeny. i don't think i've had the pleasure of smoking any of those cigars. usually, i just go outside to smoke them..would be pretty sweet to have a whole room set up for lounging around.

I used to buy A. Fuente Canones (Cannons) Maduro by the box. What a great cigar, but you needed 2-3hours to finish it.

Quite by accident, I found an amazing cigar on the Thompson website and I never looked back. It's called the La Paloma rare corojo - if you like full bodied cigars -I don't think you'll be disappointed. Plus, a box is about $60. You cannot beat it.

LOL, yes, humidorS.

I have a desktop that holds 25 that I use for everyday cigars. I have a glass display humidor I use for my high ends and Cubans. And then I have a 120qt ice chest cooler that I use for long term box storage. Then, if you really want to consider it, I also have a locker at the local cigar shop. I probably have almost 1000 sticks on hand.

Going outside to smoke is actually more pleasurable then smoking indoors. But up here near Chicago, a smoke room is a must during fall and winter months. Plus, when entertaining company, it's nice to sit down in the room, put on a movie or show, and just lounge around with good cigars.

if i have a cigar but won't be smoking it in the next day or two, would it be better to keep it in the fridge than the open? i don't have a humidor.

The fridge is very bad. A fridge/freezer both actually dehumidify their environment, which is the exact opposite of what you want. If it's only going to be 24-48 hours, a cigar should keep fine just sitting out on its own.

Otherwise, put the cigar in a Tupperware container with a moist napkin in it. While this is not ideal, it's better then nothing. Just open the Tupperware daily to let out stale air and make sure the humidity doesn't get to high. Keep the napkin on one side of the container with the cigar on the other side. If the cigar is in direct contact with the moist napkin, it will mold.

Invest in a humidor. You can get a small one fairly inexpensively. Go to Thompson's or a J.R. catalogue, and you can get a good deal.

Personally, I'm a fan of Cigars International. Was a really great company, but it was recently sold to some Europeans. Not sure if they've kept it up or not. If you're looking for the best deals, check out cigarbid.com.

It's owned and operated by Cigars International. They post cigars and accessories up for auction and you bid on them. Just make sure you check the price and cigarsinternational.com before you bid. There's been a couple of times I bid on an item for more then I could have just ordered it directly.

the one i have right now is an onyx reserve mini belicoso. haven't had one before, just grabbed it because it was dark. probably smoke it while sipping on some maredsous dubbel.

Onyx Reserve is an often overlooked cigar. It's a bit rough around the edges, has some body to it, and has a bit of cocoa flavor. Enjoy.

I got a box of Padron 2000 for xmas. I've had a cold and haven't been able to enjoy one yet. The wife bought me a nice Cohiba sampler for my bday, 3 gars and a nice Xicar cutter. Had one of those a few weeks ago and it was great. I don't have a lounge per say just my Fortress of Solitude in the basement. It's an 18X34 room for my NASCAR and Hot Wheels collection. I usually jump into my truck, fire up and cruise the country roads around here for a couple hours with the stereo rocking. Man, I'm ready for a ride!

I'd like to put in a vote for Punch. The Honduran ones not the Cuban. Have tried both and maybe it is just that I'm more accustomed to the former.

Dang reading this post made me remeber I have 3 humidors filled and havent touch a cigar since last summer man I need to get busy :lol: But since there is about a foot of snow on the ground I can wait I like a good cigar by a bon fire by a river with a good single malt scotch :) grrr that also reminded me I have 5 unopened bottles of single malt "sigh" hurry up spring :)

Cohiba is probably my favorite too, and the easiest to find state side. I have smoked the Havana and the Dominican kind. Both very tasty cigars.

I had a MonteCristo #1 last year in Mazatlan and it was very good. I was a little intoxicated when I smoked that baby, so the memory is a little cloudy, but it turned out to be the funnest day of our trip.

Actually I had a Dominican Cohiba last weekend, cost me $10.

There is actually some pretty decent tobacco here. I really enjoy Punch Maduro though. Actually like the Honduran better than the Havana.

Back