• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football Thread

I thought real football was played up north on the frozen tundra in the winter in places like Pittsburg and New England, not in 70 degree temps. :P

Yup, gotta agree on that.

When Minnesota played a home game outdoors a couple of weeks back, because of the domed roof mishap, the majority of the Viking faithful were clamoring for the good 'ol days of a real home field advantage in November, December and possibly even January.

Maybe one day, if I live long enough, the NFL will expand into Canada and the Edmonton Eskimos will really be puttin' the frozen muk luks to opposing teams once the cold weather hits in October.;)

dvg

I thought real football was played with your feet and a round ball? My mistake.

Can't wait for next year for us Vols. With such a young team we are going to be a force in the coming years.

remember the discussion about "hand egg".....

AUBURN FAMILY, ALL IN....

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

Damn what a game...

Auburn National Champs...

I have gone back and read all 10 pages of this thread and it has been very entertaining...

...the National Champs are usually determined in the dome,in December anyway...

it seems that has been the way for the past few years anyway...

national championship game this weekend....LSU/Auburn...

I really thought that if we got by LSU there was a good chance for AU to do big things this year

...I predict an undefeated season this year...then a run away in the national title game...

Can anyone stop Cam Newton?

seems the Ducks found a way to stop him running, but remember the line in the movie "it's the pinstripes"...Dyer for 144 and he is a true freshman...

They're #1 all the way.

you knew early didn't you Paul...

Auburn isn't losing....period!!!

Seems we are having Duck for dinner January 10, 2011.
WAR DAM EAGLE!!!!!

It was a little undercooked but still edible...

...I was a gambling man I'd take Oregon. I think the speed in which the Ducks score will take it's toll on the Tigers defense. Sorry AJ.

hope you didn't waste your money patrick...hmmmm, how many plays did Oregon run?...and how many plays did AU run?....all this talk about the ducks and their speed play...people forgot about AU and how they can and did play fast also...whats good for the goose wasn't so good for the ducks now was it?....

come on guys...it has been 53 years since the last national title...in 1984 we beat michigan in the sugar and nebraska lost to miami...miami leapfrogged us for number 1, and in 93 we were undefeated but on probation, then in 2004 we were snubbed from the national championship game after an undefeated season...don't you think it about time for us to win one?

Congratulations AJ! That was a well earned victory and an entertaining game. That DT Fairley kid is a beast. Having waited since 1957 for a national championship, you have earned the right to gloat “ad nausem” until next season. Guess I was pulling for Auburn because their uniforms are much better than those silly ass day-glo, duck wings on the shoulders, Nike things Oregon wears.

Congratulations AJ! That was a well earned victory and an entertaining game. That DT Fairley kid is a beast. Having waited since 1957 for a national championship, you have earned the right to gloat “ad nausem” until next season. Guess I was pulling for Auburn because their uniforms are much better than those silly ass day-glo, duck wings on the shoulders, Nike things Oregon wears.

Thanks MI...Fairley is indeed a beast...I just hope he hangs around for next year too...our defense should be better next year...our biggest issue IMO is going to be replacing 4 of 5 starters on the Offensive line...

I'm not much for gloating or bragging...I like to just let the players and teams do their thing week to week...

I do like Chiziks attitude that he has instilled in the team...g to g (good to great) through the season...and DWWD (do what we do)...

Oregon came to play and we had our hands full...for 59 minutes and 58 seconds...it could be in the top 5 games I have ever seen...

The biggest thing that people overlooked on Auburns team was, we play pretty fast too...

But the defense won this game for us...Cam got beat up in this game more than any other game this year...and he is not used to that...

Well that was a bizarre and really hard game to watch. I thought Chip Kelly's play calling was really, really, strange. I haven't seen Oregon play this year but I've never seen so many weird running plays, trick plays and laterals, maybe they do that every game. Didn't really seem very effective for the most part, they seemed to get most of the big plays the few times they actually dropped back and threw normal passes. They looked desperate with all that bizarre play calling. Every running play it seemed they had 3 or 4 guys doing nothing but running sideways to confuse the defense, and as a result, they were playing 7 or 8 on 11 every run and had no blocking. They were getting murdered on those short screens and slants when Auburn would just run over everyone and tackle the ball carrier. Handling the ball off 8 feet deep in the end zone when they were on the 1 yard late was pretty dumb too. About 3 seconds before the snap I said "here's a safety". Auburn's D line was eating them alive the whole game, I'm not sure what Chip Kelly was thinking.

Oregon didn't look like they even belonged on the same field, I still have no idea how the game was that close. Auburn should have won by a few touchdowns imo. Oregon's QB looked awful most of the game, I don't know how many times he threw the ball over the head of wide open receivers on short pass plays. Ugly, ugly game, but congratulations to Auburn.

I still don't know what to think of this game. Just bizarre...

Congrats AJ, Auburn deserved the win, and more importantly they earned it! I loved watching Nick Satan squirm when he had to say something nice about the Tigers!
It's no easy feat going thru the SEC unscathed,much less the way the west was this year! I think the Ducks came in feeling invinceable,Cause they were,, In thier conference.! After the first series they looked surprised at the NFL talent they were facing!
I hope you arent in a coma today!! :beer: :cheers:

thanks wayright...just been savoring the moment today and already wondering about next year...just saw that Cammy is going to be on Jay Leno tonight...I will record it and watch it in the morning...

just saw that we got a commit from a 5 star OL Saturday...he had been committed to Alabama but decomitted and decided on Auburn...poor ol $aban...

I think the Ducks came in feeling invinceable,Cause they were,, In thier conference.! After the first series they looked surprised at the NFL talent they were facing!

Strange...I got the complete opposite feeling. I thought they looked scared and desperate judging by the play calling.

gimic offenses don't work against well disciplined defenses....

I gotta drag myself out of my hole to give you due congratulations as well AJ- hell of a season and run- especially coming out of the Sec West! Enjoyed watching the game, had been too butthurt after watching the entire New Years Day slate, missed everything between then and the NC game. I think I'm finally convinced looking back on this year- I can't be mad at the SEC for being better anymore ... What I can do is be mad at the Big 10 for being a effin joke! What a disgrace! What a mockery of a sham! I will still watch you ass clowns next year, the year after that, and on and on, blah, blah, blah... but I will still be mad! Especially when I look at your stupid face Bielema! Mad! Mad, mad, mad!

whew! but anyway- was a hell of a tail end in the 4th especially, that back spinnin around on that Duck and then getting up and keepin on was crazy! The Ducks did pretty good keepin on Cam I thought, but agree with ya- they weren't buyin' the fluff the Ducks offense was putting up. Hell of a year, bet it more than makes up for your Cowboys this year, huh? Anyway, congrats again AJ!

Any idea on how you'll be looking next year?

I won't pretend to understand how seriously you fans of the SEC take your college ball, but after reading what 'Bama fan did to the famed oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn, it looks like some over-the-top fans are willing to cross over that line into fanaticism. :crazy:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/17/man-arrested-in-toomers-corner-tree-murders/

dvg

The guy was set up, It is Urban Meyer's master plan to bring down AU for getting Cam Newton! :rofl:

I think that between these 2 teams,, this is gonna be an all out war!
I cant Imagine how mad I would be!

Gotta go pee "between the hedges" now! Wheres my roundup! :lol:

Reactions: dvg
I gotta drag myself out of my hole to give you due congratulations as well AJ- hell of a season and run- especially coming out of the Sec West! Enjoyed watching the game, had been too butthurt after watching the entire New Years Day slate, missed everything between then and the NC game. I think I'm finally convinced looking back on this year- I can't be mad at the SEC for being better anymore ... What I can do is be mad at the Big 10 for being a effin joke! What a disgrace! What a mockery of a sham! I will still watch you ass clowns next year, the year after that, and on and on, blah, blah, blah... but I will still be mad! Especially when I look at your stupid face Bielema! Mad! Mad, mad, mad!

whew! but anyway- was a hell of a tail end in the 4th especially, that back spinnin around on that Duck and then getting up and keepin on was crazy! The Ducks did pretty good keepin on Cam I thought, but agree with ya- they weren't buyin' the fluff the Ducks offense was putting up. Hell of a year, bet it more than makes up for your Cowboys this year, huh? Anyway, congrats again AJ!

Any idea on how you'll be looking next year?

thanks boutros...I don't know about next year yet...on top of losing newton and fairley to the NFL, we lost 4 senior starting O linemen...that hurts tremendously...we had a pretty good signing day but still the jury is out...I think we will be competitive, but don't know about winning the west again...

I won't pretend to understand how seriously you fans of the SEC take your college ball, but after reading what 'Bama fan did to the famed oak trees at Toomer's Corner in Auburn, it looks like some over-the-top fans are willing to cross over that line into fanaticism. :crazy:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/17/man-arrested-in-toomers-corner-tree-murders/

dvg

Ignorant redneck Bama fan...they just don't know when to quit...

The guy was set up, It is Urban Meyer's master plan to bring down AU for getting Cam Newton! :rofl:

I think that between these 2 teams,, this is gonna be an all out war!
I cant Imagine how mad I would be!

Gotta go pee "between the hedges" now! Wheres my roundup! :lol:

I think Urban should chill out a bit...don't need to lose a great coach to early heart disease...I have always wanted to pee between the hedges....

Back