• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football Thread

Suggestion taken from the LSU thread. Hot stuff started that one so I just put this up so it doesn't scare away LSU haters, lol. Well start the discussions. I will start by saying I'm a Michigan Wolverines fan. Dismal looking these days but still one of the greatest football programs. So who's your team and what do you expect them to do this year?

Being from Texas, Im a HUGE UT fan!! This year, if they keep playing like they did last weekend, I dont expectthem to do much. Garrett Gilbert is a hell of a quarterback, but I'd still like to see Case McCoy in there. They SAY that he is a better qb at this stage of his career than his older brother, but how will we know? I say he needs to transfer to another college, one with a good program. Maybe Alabama or Florida.
I'd say they come out this year at 3rd.

Well, as an alumni I must say go Penn State, but this year doesn't figure to be a great one. I expect this coming weekend to be the beginning of the end. I am still hopeful of an upset of Alabama, but I am also realistic. We are a 8-4 or 9-3 team and a year or two away.

LOL Hotstuff, I'm thinking its hard to be more obnoxious than a Gator that does the chomp during the entire game! Yes thats just in my livingroom,I'm even more of a doof at the games.and if my team scores while im sitting on the couch...Umm yes,.I have to sit in the same spot on every offensive drive! But it sure is fun being a Gator right in the middle of Puppydawg country. can you say 17-3 since 1990 :)

Well, being from the heart of the "Bluegrass"(home of THE Kentucky Wildcats) and on a thread with admittedly obnoxious LSU and Gator fans...I have to vote for that chomping thing as being the most nauseating....and leave it at that...
...except to say....Go....Cats...Cats....Cats !!!
Lime_head_cat.jpg

Ok ok Yooper -- I have to say it Uconn because home state it was a huge deal for us to even be on the same field. My favorites are OU, Michigan, Penn State, UT , Oregon, Gators - and of course Uconn -- there are a few more but thats a start

GO BLUE BABY!!!!!! Michigan all the way. Hoping for a better year out of the best team in football history (in wins and winning percentage :lol: ). I do respect UConn for what they have done in the few years since joining the big boys in 1A, and still like Penn State all but 1 Saturday a year, but can't stand a bucknut. :sick: Goes with the territory. Thank god it is football season again.

jacob

Yeah I wish bad things for Ohio State every year. They are a great program........but being a Michigan fan you have to hate them. It's in the bylaws.

Well I hope you are all wishing for JoePa and the Blue and White this Saturday. They are going to need all the help they can get.

Yes JayT, This weekend Penn State will be my favorite team!! along with the Sooners! Hope JoePa gives Nick Satan a spankin in front of the whole country.

Was born in WI and left long ago when I was a kid, but have a lotta fam that went to Madison so I am a Badgers fan. Really enjoy being the red headed stepchild of the conference, always seems like perpetual 3-4th. Capital One and Outback Bowls up the a**... Will be watching this and pullin for ya though on sat JayT, like somebody said above I guess I must have a soft spot for old JoPa too...

Also have some fam alum including the wife from good ole Cal Berkley, so I pull for the Golden Bears in the Pac 10.

Like tradition and all, but pretty excited about the various conference realignments happening next year, Nebraska is a great addition to the Big Ten. Not sure if Boise State moving to the Mountain West is really that big a step up from the WAC, but I have to admit they are somewhat interesting right now. Wondering how they will do against Oregon State?

HMMMM with a user name like "Tigahb8" who has a Zydeco hot sauce as his avatar? LSU, LSU, LSU, LSU! GEAUX TIGERS! Yes I will call you tiger bait
if you wear your schools colors around our tailgate, but just laugh at us and we will feed you, entertain you, and fill you with the kool aid of your choice, maybe even make the Tigers your second favorite team! LOL

Ok I brought out the good luck charm! Since we have to face the Tide twice this year,I'm hoping that JoePa goes into Bryant Denny Stadium and rolls the Tide!
PennStbottle.jpg

This will be on my coffee table during the game!
And for you SC neighbors, I will take my wifes bulldog statue, (yes I married a bulldog) and I will stick its nose in a corner for a "timeout"
:)

That is excellent! Believe it or not as a 9 year old I met that team ('82) and had dinner at JoePa's house. My grandmother and his wife were friends. Can't tell you how thrilling it was to watch the team practice and get to meet some of them.

GO BIG RED!!

Been living here in Nebraska for 22 years now. Took me five to stop rooting against them, Iowa Hawkeyes fan in those days. Afraid it finally wore me down, amazing how knowledgeable the fan base is around here. Hell even the ladies know what they're talking about. Got to dig that!

Boomer Sooners!! Hells yea! whooped them spearchuckers! Best part of my day! :)
Well a close second.. The Ol' ball coach continues to make me wealthy! Damn Lattimore is a beast!
My Gators continue to win, though unimpressively.At least we get a third bye week coming up against UT! :)

Back