• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football Thread

With Stanford's impressive win over Virginia Tech last night, I'm guessing the Carolina Panthers are anxiously waiting to see if Andrew Luck is going to announce his eligibility for the upcoming draft in April.

The Panthers could use some help at their QB position, especially after their regular season's showing in the standings.

But young Mr. Luck might be wondering if there is even going to an upcoming NFL season with a possible labor lockout looming, and he might just choose to stay put at Stanford for another year.

And with Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh now suddenly a hot commodity to both Michigan, his alma mater or a needy NFL franchise, the next little while will definitely be needed to get those questions sorted out for both Luck's and Harbaugh's future plans.

One thing is certain though, their agent's phones will be ringing.

dvg

MiPepperguy, I have seen a couple of football games in my time, but,until the Mich St game, I have never seen "that I can remember" a team punt on 4th and goal!! That was funny as hell!
Will Ohio st finally get their first SEC win?? They have the NCAA helping them out with letting the cheaters play.
PIG SUEY!!!!!!

all you B10 fans will have short memories as usual when next season approaches,, I will hear the history of what yall did back before TV's were invented!

and..

WAR CAM EAGLE!

MiPepperguy, I have seen a couple of football games in my time, but,until the Mich St game, I have never seen "that I can remember" a team punt on 4th and goal!! That was funny as hell!
Will Ohio st finally get their first SEC win?? They have the NCAA helping them out with letting the cheaters play.
PIG SUEY!!!!!!

all you B10 fans will have short memories as usual when next season approaches,, I will hear the history of what yall did back before TV's were invented!

and..

WAR CAM EAGLE!

An Auburn fan talking about the NCAA letting cheaters play? :confused:

I don't care much for NCAA football anyway. There is no real national championship. The NCAA is a disgrace that makes up rules as it goes along and the BCS can't even get their math right. I would much rather watch the NFL, there is a level playing field and a true champion. Until there's a playoff, the NCAA "national champion" title is a joke.

If you don't have a dog in this fight, why post here?

displeezed.png

Big Ten got raped today!

Congrats for real to TCU, really thought the Badgers would run through em. The Horned Frogs really did it though. Played a solid, mistake free game...

You and my buddy both. :lol:

I was going to take TCU straight up, but the way he was talking about Wisconsin destroying them I decided to see how many points he would give me. He gave me 17. :rofl:

An Auburn fan talking about the NCAA letting cheaters play? :confused:

Did you just call me an Auburn fan!!???? You are a silly fish.
Hmm... I dont like NCAA but I will post anyway!
Are you sure you like hot peppers?
Maybe a tomato forum is more appropriate.

Lots of people get confused by my AU avatar! :crazy:

Did you just call me an Auburn fan!!???? You are a silly fish.
Hmm... I dont like NCAA but I will post anyway!
Are you sure you like hot peppers?
Maybe a tomato forum is more appropriate.

Lots of people get confused by my AU avatar! :crazy:

Seems a little strange for someone who isn't an Auburn fan to have "WAR CAM EAGLE!" in their signature. Did you lose a bet or something?

Let me rephrase, I like college football, just not the BCS and NCAA assholes that rob us of a true national champion make up the rules as they go to pad their pockets.

Yes, I'm sure I like hot peppers, I just got done sowing 100+ seeds of 14 varieties, the mildest one being datil.

Not my siggy, just a friendly poke in the ribs to our resident Tiger man.
It is a joke, but it aint as funny if I have to 'splain it!
Auburn has had our number for several years, so I am ABSOLUTELY not a tiger fan!
soo,
GO GATORS!
oh yea and
WAR CAM EAGLE!

:)

Muschamp will be good for you guys wayright...

Yea right AJ, We get a guy thats never been a head coach, and by the way,,DC of the only team to ever go to the title game,just to not even make a bowl the following year! THEN, Hey, lets hire the guy who ran Notre Dame even further into the ground as our OC!
I'm sure the rest of the conference is wetting themselves laughing at us!
Oh yea Muschamp is a Bulldog!! you think he will care if we lose to them jokers!
The first time we lose to UGA his ass is fired!

Looks like Carolina won't be getting Andrew Luck in the upcoming draft, as he has decided to stay at Standford for another year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/01/06/stanford-luck.ap/index.html

But it looks like NFL teams are lining up to interview Jim Harbaugh, even at his 7M+ agent's asking price.

dvg

Yea right AJ, We get a guy thats never been a head coach, and by the way,,DC of the only team to ever go to the title game,just to not even make a bowl the following year! THEN, Hey, lets hire the guy who ran Notre Dame even further into the ground as our OC!
I'm sure the rest of the conference is wetting themselves laughing at us!
Oh yea Muschamp is a Bulldog!! you think he will care if we lose to them jokers!
The first time we lose to UGA his ass is fired!

be patient young padowan...you sound like the Auburn crowd that hated Chizik

yes, but do they play real football up north?...roflmao...

don't get your panties in a wad...just kidding here...

I thought real football was played up north on the frozen tundra in the winter in places like Pittsburg and New England, not in 70 degree temps. :P

But yeah, my team is Purdue, unfortunately. At least we're good in basketball. :mope: Unfortunately we won't be winning a national championship this year with Hummel out for the year, we'll be lucky to make the elite 8.

Looks like Carolina won't be getting Andrew Luck in the upcoming draft, as he has decided to stay at Standford for another year.
Dang I thought Stanford put out smart kids!!! You go to school to get a career!! Man, a guaranteed 60 million aint good enough?
Does he think he will be better than a #1 pick next year? I hope the kid dont get an injury that messes up next years chances.
But I am a Falcons fan...HaHa Ha Bwahaha Carolina haha Panthers Bwahaha!!!!!

Dang I thought Stanford put out smart kids!!! You go to school to get a career!! Man, a guaranteed 60 million aint good enough?
Does he think he will be better than a #1 pick next year? I hope the kid dont get an injury that messes up next years chances.
But I am a Falcons fan...HaHa Ha Bwahaha Carolina haha Panthers Bwahaha!!!!!

Not sure what his reasoning is. He says he wants to finish up his degree, but being a first round #1 draft pick could make a degree seem pretty inconsequential.

Maybe he wasn't sure about next year's uncertainty with the collective bargaining not really going anywhere at this point.

But he should have looked and noticed what happened to Matt Leinart's stock when he decided to stay at USC another year and take that all important one class he was missing...what was it now, oh yeah, Ball Room Dancing. Oops, wrong career choice there Matthew.

Sometimes ya gotta strike while the iron is still hot, but then again maybe they'll all be on strike soon enough.;)

dvg

I thought real football was played with your feet and a round ball? My mistake.

Can't wait for next year for us Vols. With such a young team we are going to be a force in the coming years.

Back