• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Couriosity and the cat

Age group and Gender

• Total voters
AlabamaJack said:
If you don't want to participate in this poll, it's simple....don't answer the questions and move on to another thread.

No one is putting pressure on anyone to divulge any personal information. And, if they are, I don't see it.

Pam said:
You never do.
AJ has been a great moderator, if there was a problem with this thread, he would have taken care of it. He can't see it if it isn't there.

I'm laughing here, mainly because the majority of you are the ages of my children or grandchildren...yes I'm probably one of the older ones here on THP and I have to honestly say that I have learned a LOT from all of you. I feel you are never too old to learn, wisdom comes from many sources. This is my second year of growing from seed all the different varities of peppers I have and I'm still excited whenever I see a name that I haven't got stashed or planted...I want more....LOL. I really enjoy the time I spend here and the generosity of so many who have traded seeds with me. It's a great site and great people and being older doesn't bother me a bit...I worked hard to get to this advanced age. JMO

Pam said:
No, *I* don't feel pressured. I'm a ballsy broad perfectly able to take care of myself. It's not about me.

My mistake. I misjudged you.

...she just goes else net.

Maybe you misjudged me. Maybe you do now. But for sure you misjudge your own gender. You turn back hundred years of women's liberation. You tell me that YOU can take care of yourself but almost directly tell me in the same breath that other women can't. So you are tough big mama and all other women are sissies? That's not my experience with women. Maybe it is because I work in the health system and met hundreds of tough female nurses and female physicians and female paramedics. Maybe it is because my practice is on the country side and most of my female patients are tough farming ladies. Maybe it is because my wife is a paramedic and has born and raised six kids and can kick any ass that needs to be kicked. Maybe those hundreds of ladies are the reason why I misjudge your handful of sissies.

pepperfever said:
I'm laughing here, mainly because the majority of you are the ages of my children or grandchildren...yes I'm probably one of the older ones here on THP and I have to honestly say that I have learned a LOT from all of you. I feel you are never too old to learn, wisdom comes from many sources. This is my second year of growing from seed all the different varities of peppers I have and I'm still excited whenever I see a name that I haven't got stashed or planted...I want more....LOL. I really enjoy the time I spend here and the generosity of so many who have traded seeds with me. It's a great site and great people and being older doesn't bother me a bit...I worked hard to get to this advanced age. JMO

Very well put Jackie.....I like it here too, I'm not allowed in most places

pepperfever said:
:cheers:

pepperfever said:

I want more too...My grow list is constantly growing from year to year.

I also agree with you, "I worked hard to get to this advanced age." That is a nice way of putting it and reminds me of a slightly heavier friend of mine who always says " I have worked hard to get to 230 lbs. It just didn't happen over night."

BTW I meant what I said about WE are all young. We are ALL still actively pursuing our hobbies and passions. So, How young are you today?

Pepperfreak said:
That is a nice way of putting it and reminds me of a slightly heavier friend of mine who always says " I have worked hard to get to 230 lbs. It just didn't happen over night."
Hehehe, it's sad, I'm just the opposite, I've worked hard to bring myself up to 144lbs. I was at 153 but just lost most of that in the past two weeks....grrrr....

Pepperfreak said:
So, How young are you today?
According to my knees, 56 years old.

imaguitargod said:
No you don't, sometimes it's a struggle for me to stay at a healthly weight.

Tell me about it! I LOOK at food and gain weight. :(

Anyway,

ACTUAL AGE: 42

MENTAL AGE: 10 :P

AGE I FEEL: 60ish

Back