craft beer

OK, I just got off work and picked up a bottle each of St. Bernardus Abt 12 and Rochefort 10. I will report back after I have imbided.

Also grabbed a sixer of Flying Dog "Snake Dog" IPA and a bottle of Samuael Smith's Imperial Stout.

Think I might start that sticky for beer reviews.....

Newcastle....the last couple times I've tried it I swear it tastes like it was brewed with sewer water. I dunno. People swear it's good but I'd rather drink PBR. Might have something to do with the clear bottles. I used to like it like 10 years ago.....

chuk hell said:
OK, I just got off work and picked up a bottle each of St. Bernardus Abt 12 and Rochefort 10. I will report back after I have imbided.

Also grabbed a sixer of Flying Dog "Snake Dog" IPA and a bottle of Samuael Smith's Imperial Stout.

Newcastle....the last couple times I've tried it I swear it tastes like it was brewed with sewer water. I dunno. People swear it's good but I'd rather drink PBR. Might have something to do with the clear bottles. I used to like it like 10 years ago.....

It is the clear bottles. If they don't keep it in the dark it will turn into skunk p**s pretty quick. Where I buy it they keep it under a shelf in the cardboard box.

chuk hell said:

Don't forget you're supposed to pour the St. Bernardus into a globlet-type glass...it does seem to taste better that way.

Sickmont said:
Don't forget you're supposed to pour the St. Bernardus into a globlet-type glass...it does seem to taste better that way.

YES! proper glassware is the only way to do it.

example: if you pour a belgian into a shaker (typical pint glass) it will taste over carbonated and blah.

pour the same beer into a goblet.

do some kinda sticky about beer reviews, i will chime in any time i can! hopefully sometime next year i can have more constructive things to say about peppers, but for now all i bring to the table is beers :mouthonfire:

gonna take a picture of my habanero and my beers tonight, will report back when i get that done.

chuk hell said:

nice! they are both quads (quadrupel ferminted) but st bern isnt a trappist ale, so its not made by trappist monks.

try some chimay blue and westmalle double too. good stuff!

also see if you can get any abbaye des rocs beers. they make a grand cru and a brune that are fantastic.

guitargod, dont look at you plant tonight then, or your buddies friends kiped a 3rd of it. That would suck.
Then again...twice as many (ehemm), brews in the fridge.

ok, told you guys i would post pictures of my beer (im sure you are anxious!!) so here goes:

the top shelf of my closet, pretty much no order to my closet, these are just misc 750s and 22oz beers.

closet1.gif

the next shelf is corked bottles. ive been told to store them this way, as it helps prevent the corks from drying out, similar to wine. dunno if this holds true or not, but whatever, i felt like trying it one day :mouthonfire:

closet2.gif

the bottom shelf in my closet is mostly stone beers, but there are some great divides ive had for several years back there, as well as some avery beers.

closet3.gif

over to my book case is where i keep the 12 oz bottles i have. i tried to use the big ones there,but it ended up they were making the shelves sag, so i moved them away :mouthonfire:

top shelf is misc beers and beers i dont intend on letting any age develop, these are just drinkers up there.

shelfmisc.gif

next shelf is imperial ipas and stronger ales.

shelfimpipa.gif

next shelf is imperial stouts

shelfstout.gif

bottom shelf is barley wines, im not a real big fan of these, but for some reason i keep getting some from friends and other people ive met. some are older, the style just isnt my favorite so these are slow movers.

shelfbarley.gif

i also have a little wine cooler that works wonders except it will only hold so many. i put the beers that are the oldest in there as a general rule..

cooler1.gif

bottom shelf is 12 oz bottles, these are my oldest bottles.

cooler2.gif

there is 2 pictures of run off...

runoff1.gif

runoff2.gif

finally, heres the 30 some odd bottles of the homebrew i just bottled a few days ago. supposed to be a porter, so we will see how it turns out. my first homebrew wasnt that great, and this was the second one i did, and it looked very clear and tasted pretty good from the fermintor, though it was flat (of course).

homebrew.gif

thats it. ill get some pictures of my pepper tomorrow, though its not near as good as my beer collection! :mouthonfire:

i hope those pictures arent too large. i sized them down to roughly 200k per at 800x600. dont know if you guys have any forum limits. if so, let me know and ill fix it asap!!

Back