• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

grilling CypressHill1973 my grill & BBQ in Argentina

cypresshill1973 said:
Wait! You have a vacuum machine... Then wrap the brisket vacuum and soak in hot water for 3 or 4 hours. So you will have the most tender brisket you've seen.

Vacuum packaging will not lose any of the advantages of smoke in the first 3 hours.

Yup, later this week ;)
I'm going to use a bonito flake and Red Boat marinade on a piece of meat, then smoke it in the Akorn for a while, and then bring it in and complete the maillard w/ the Searzall, and then vac seal it and give it a bath for some hours ...

Well... This morning I take the brisket into the smoker. keep there al the night. It was still lukewarm the combustion chamber and had some burning hot coals.

2015-03-15%252010.29.06.jpg

Then after cleaning the ash put on some small hot coals a mound of hardwood sawdust for smoked an I close all lock of the smoker... I have observed that in the field, when a mound of leaves burning in the center of the mound, even several days after stays on and smoking. My intention is to replicate this into the smoker and with this there will be smoke but no heat.

2015-03-15%252010.31.12.jpg

More than 2 hours ago is working with smoke and I no see heat, the temp is the same that ambient

2015-03-15%252010.32.29.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Is that blood sausage? I know it was very popular when I stayed in Chile

Most people prefer not to know it when you eat morcilla.

The morcilla is made basically with cow blood and cartilaginous parts, nose, ears, leftover meat that would not be otherwise groceries, etc. Everything is crushed coarsely and sausaged.
Then boiled for four hours and thus was born the sausaged. One of the delights of Spain, Italy and Latin American for grill. Many other countries eats morcilla and chorizo. I don't know that procedence, but they eats them. I did trip at various countries and i see there exist your own versions of this sausages.

cypresshill1973 said:

Most people prefer not to know it when you eat morcilla.

The morcilla is made basically with cow blood and cartilaginous parts, nose, ears, leftover meat that would not be otherwise groceries, etc. Everything is crushed coarsely and sausaged.
Then boiled for four hours and thus was born the sausaged. One of the delights of Spain, Italy and Latin American for grill. Many other countries eats morcilla and chorizo. I don't know that procedence, but they eats them. I did trip at various countries and i see there exist your own versions of this sausages.
Yep, I can spot it from far away :) I stayed with a family for two weeks and we ate like kings! After surfing all day I ate enough for 4 people. 

In chile they eat good, Unlike they do eat a lot fish and seafood. Here seafood is very expensive also difficult to buy of quality. There the options to buy seafood is bigger and variety.

I like Chile, but your waters in the beaches are very cold. Therefore I going to chile only onetime  to visit my uncles.

cypresshill1973 said:
In chile they eat good, Unlike they do eat a lot fish and seafood. Here seafood is very expensive also difficult to buy of quality. There the options to buy seafood is bigger and variety.

I like Chile, but your waters in the beaches are very cold. Therefore I going to chile only onetime  to visit my uncles.
Yes for warmer water you need to be in Chile near the Peru border. 

Nice sandwich ... looks great, and the aroma of brisket is VERY familiar right now ...

I think I might have to transform my last unfrozen portion (lots of bark) into VERY SPICY re-fried taco meat, tonight, and have a couple more soft tacos w/ it (since all of the fixin's are around) ...

Cheers!

Thamks Grant! Here there was a lot of meat. I'll try the method aged wrapping paper and I saw in your video.

I also promised a piece to my butcher. After tell about this method, went crazy and want to try smoked breast

Yeah ...

Yeah ...

I'm still waiting for some jerk wing inspiration to come to me ...

I think I should starting taking a 3rd shower each day until it happens ...

Back