• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tired of spamming all my meals in 20 different spots. Decided to make my own flog. 

First up on the meal list

Chicken fried rice

Teaser shot

Jasmine rice cooked and cooled to room temp.
1 white onion chopped
broccoli, carrots, peas and mushroom
3 green onions chopped
soy sauce
dried pequin powder
ginger
chili oil
garlic chili paste
2 chicken breasts.
sherry
2 eggs

Cook chicken in pan with chili oil
Deglaze pan with sherry.
season chicken to liking with garlic, pequin powder (or what ever kind of pepper powder you like), ginger and black pepper.
Remove from heat and chop for rice. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.

Mix eggs with a few drops of soy sauce and cook in wok remove and set aside

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
  2. Add rice and green onions tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
  4. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

Was picking up some chips n salsa at the grocery and seen a interesting one. I didn't buy it because it was $5 for a jar but has anyone tried it yet? I generally really like frontera brand but couldn't drop that much on something that may be gross. 

so. fucking. hungry.

i just yanked the point at 185F, and put it in the oven at 170F unwrapped, on a broil pan, to "rest" and stay warm for a while ...

the flat is out there at ~170F, so i'm increasing the temp from 225F to 245F for the remainder of the cook ... once it's done, i'll take out the point and eat, and put the flat in the oven for a couple of hours while we build a bedroom set and watch tv, and then I think I'll refridgerate the flat - whole - and wait to slice it until tomorrow ...

i might pull a TD entry out of all of this yet, we'll see ...

i've gotten my work-work done while i've been waiting, and the furniture building is the chore, so i might be able to hit the store and still get a TD in ...

hmmm ... but damn, i'm hungry ...

i could go for some of that fwy-ri ...

Only got about a bowls worth left so ya better hurry. Smokin the Corned beef next weekend. Can't wait!

Tried some Ms renfros mango habanero salsa. Not a fan, over cooked I assume.  tomatoes are more of a tomato soup consistency. 

Maybe i'm just picky. Stuff was over processed. It literally was like a red tomato soup slime with a couple little chunks of "mango" in it. I picked it up because every one is always saying good stuff about Ms renfros. Too pace picante like for me. I was eyeballing the ghost salsa but I think I'm just going to stay away from that product line and this jar's probably going into the trash. 

D3monic said:
I can eat shrooms on or in anything... except those shitty little dried ones with the blue stems... tasting like a cross between 10000 year old sunflower seeds and Styrofoam peanuts. I've never been good with those, first time I ate a whole quarter... night was a little too intense for my liking and I'm no novice.
SNICKER SNICKER!!
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Grrrrr, I had a roommate like that and would just flick hot bacon grease at them for payback
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm JHP just spit coffee on my lap!! :) flicking bacon grease hehehe That's Not Right lol

grantmichaels said:
I like the way that dough turned out for you ... and correspondingly feel inclined to ask how it was made! ;)

The dough was just pre packaged frozen dough, wifey buys it to make quick loaves comes 3 in a pack, just pull, defrost and let rise for 8 hours. We had some rising for kiddos lunches and I snagged it spur of the moment. Thanks for reminding me I was supposed to pull another one this morning. I'd rather have fresh made dough in the machine but she lives by this stuff. 

Made some tacos from the left over Runza meat I made for the TD last night. 

Fresh Guacamole 

even made my patented refried beans. 

Can of refried beans, big spoonfull of garlic chili sauce, onions, sriracha and bacon bits cooked for a while

Cilantro lime rice

Jasmine rice
Zest of two limes
Juice of two limes
half a cup cilantro

Cook rice per package instructions.
Last 5 mins add lime juice to absorb. 
Once rice is finished stir in zest and cilantro. 

Back