• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tired of spamming all my meals in 20 different spots. Decided to make my own flog. 

First up on the meal list

Chicken fried rice

Teaser shot

Jasmine rice cooked and cooled to room temp.
1 white onion chopped
broccoli, carrots, peas and mushroom
3 green onions chopped
soy sauce
dried pequin powder
ginger
chili oil
garlic chili paste
2 chicken breasts.
sherry
2 eggs

Cook chicken in pan with chili oil
Deglaze pan with sherry.
season chicken to liking with garlic, pequin powder (or what ever kind of pepper powder you like), ginger and black pepper.
Remove from heat and chop for rice. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.

Mix eggs with a few drops of soy sauce and cook in wok remove and set aside

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
  2. Add rice and green onions tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
  4. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

Scoville DeVille said:
Damm dude. Always impressive!

Thanks! When you coming over for dinner?

Speaking of which. got a pork shoulder in the smoker. Made a quick rub... no coffee though because we don't have that in the house. 

7Ok0PvS.jpg

Smells very chocolaty 

LOhWTQP.jpg

UCgWoWh.jpg

It's good, but not sure it's worth the $10 price tag

Have you tried this one? Its over $8 a bottle but its over 16oz..

Maruman Organic Soy Sauce made in the USA
31Qm74z8%2B%2BL.jpg

Im somewhat partial to Lee Kum Kee Premium Dark soy sauce when im not avoiding a sodium overload. Its Chinese from one of the better companies. This is really a good soy for the money but its still not exactly cheap either. .http://us.lkk.com/sitecore/content/US/Enterprise/Products/retail/soysauces/premium-dark-soy-sauce
41Z3QRidPNL.jpg

Im not a huge fan of Kikkoman but the Gluten free version is good if you want a soy sauce that taste more like a Chinese soy sauce. Its pretty straight forward on the ingredient list too.

Ingredients: Water, Soybeans, Rice, Salt.

D3monic said:
Shit, That's a hell of a selection.

Thats the sauce isle which includes soy sauce. Its about the only place near me to carry LKK Chu Hou paste too. The soy sauce and even fish sauce selection is staggering to say the least. Right across the street is a Chinese owned market. This one is owned by Vietnamese IIRC. The one across the street also has a very impressive sauce isle.

The closest market to me is Thai owned and some of the specialty items reflect that. They carry very few items that are common at say a Korean market such as Korean pepper powder or paste. Luckily i have 2 Korean owned markets just slightly further away.

And not a damn one of them has the Mykuali ramen anymore!!!!!! :mad:

There is nothing like a good asian supermarket,   I am so stoked that Seafood City and Jollibee are opening in Mississauga this spring.     they will be about a block down the road from 3 Brewers  and one of the few krispy kremes left side of the border.  :dance:  :dance:

The first isle pic i posted is Seafood City Supermarket in STL. Im not sure if they are associated with the ones in Cali or other areas. Its not listed on their "locations" website page. I do know they offer everything from fresh fish heads to Chinese hazelnut Oreos. You got to try those, they look kinda like a Twix candy bar :D

I made the thing I saw on FB.

Sweet potato in oven for hour

Seasoned with cumin, hot chili powder, garlic, onion powder .

3T73lw6.jpg

Crisped up some the pork from top post and tossed in some onion and pablanos. Similar seasoning to sweet tater

wFHmDYV.jpg

DCAA9qR.jpg

Back in oven with some mexi cheeses on it. Pulled and green onioned. Valenti hot sauce

4nX2Uiq.jpg

Really freaking good, got a belly ache. Ate both those and a big pile of meat. 

Back