• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Tired of spamming all my meals in 20 different spots. Decided to make my own flog. 

First up on the meal list

Chicken fried rice

Teaser shot

Jasmine rice cooked and cooled to room temp.
1 white onion chopped
broccoli, carrots, peas and mushroom
3 green onions chopped
soy sauce
dried pequin powder
ginger
chili oil
garlic chili paste
2 chicken breasts.
sherry
2 eggs

Cook chicken in pan with chili oil
Deglaze pan with sherry.
season chicken to liking with garlic, pequin powder (or what ever kind of pepper powder you like), ginger and black pepper.
Remove from heat and chop for rice. 

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chopped onions and stir-fry until onions turn a nice brown color, about 8-10 minutes; remove from wok. Allow wok to cool slightly.

Mix eggs with a few drops of soy sauce and cook in wok remove and set aside

Heat 1 tbsp oil in wok; add chicken to wok, along with carrots, mushrooms, peas, broccoli and cooked onion; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
  2. Add rice and green onions tossing to mix well; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
  4. Add 2 tbsp of light soy sauce and chopped egg to rice mixture and fold in; stir-fry for 1 minute more; serve.

Blackened some chicken with garlic, tony cacheras, pepper, cumin, paprika, hot mexican chili powder ect. 

uM9Erc6.jpg

QSDABQH.jpg

Rice, cheese, meat and pico de lamo

5AZVaia.jpg

Brushed them with butter and tossed in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Removed, topped with spicy cheese, green enchilada sauce, queso fresco , avocado, green onions. Tossed back in the oven for 2 minutes

xCbhE4I.jpg

qQwtSpp.jpg

D3monic said:
I was supposed to smoke some pork today but it's been pouring rain all day. Had some chicken defrosting and kinda slapped something together. Chicmis sounded good. Though honestly some crispy pork would have been a thousand times better than chicken in them. 

"...slapped something together." he says. HA! That looks delicious and well executed. I would be embarrassed to show you what "slapped together" means to me. It usually involves generic Cap'n Crunch and beer.

grantmichaels said:
Looks good in pics ...

Flavor is there, rubbed with with a horseraddish dijon and frenchs mustard. Made a rub with some cowboy rub, that cocoa nib rub that I made a while back, garlic, onion powder, could have used a little brown sugar. 

Spray mop was just applecider vinegar, mirin and dales marinade. 

Smoked over cherry chunks. 

Started smoke at 10:30am 

Went to bed, woke up at 1:30 and smoker was up to 325. Turned heat down, added some more chunks and started spraying the mop every 15-30 mins until it got up to 175 then put into foil pan, added remainder mop to pan and covered with foil until it hit 205 then tossed in the cooler until sweet taters where ready. 

I did a beef pot roast a few years ago that was rubbed down in crushed horseradish, infact thought i had used way too much.... but the horseradish really mellows out over a slow cook.... never have it on hand, but might be an interesting addition next time i do a stew or something similar....

Never tried horseradish mustard either.... sounds like something id enjoy though.... possibly on a nice steak...

Tinnie said:
I did a beef pot roast a few years ago that was rubbed down in crushed horseradish, infact thought i had used way too much.... but the horseradish really mellows out over a slow cook.... never have it on hand, but might be an interesting addition next time i do a stew or something similar....

Never tried horseradish mustard either.... sounds like something id enjoy though.... possibly on a nice steak...

It's really good on bratwursts! 

Back