• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's 2015 Glog. Lots of Pods.

I had a great 2014 growing year and can't wait to get started on 2015. Had some issues with overwinters and aphids but I ditched them and nuked the basement. Here is last years Glog link

I just went through and cataloged my current seed list. Built up a bit of a collection over the course of the winter. 

Edited seed list to just a drop box file on 1/31/15 CLICK HERE FOR SEED LIST If you have anything on my wanted list feel free to give me a shout. 
 ​
I will keep this first page updated as I add things to the grow. Many still to get germinated.

Currently Growing List:
 ​
                                                       Member I received seeds from

Bhut Orange Copenhagen                               pier_man0909
Jays Peach Scorpion                                     pier_man0909
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques                                          Ajijoe
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil                                                    pier_man0909
Bulsa de dulce                                               pier_man0909
Aji Omni-color                                                 Ajijoe
Aji Limon                                                        Ajijoe
Fidalga Roxa                                                   Ajijoe
White Bullet Hab                                            Juanitos.
Paper Lantern Hab.                                         B.Ford
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii                                                   -jcw10tc
White Bhut jolokia                                           -jcw10tc
Urfa Biber                                                       pier_man0909
Inca Berry  -                                                    Ajijoe
Caribbean Red Hab                                          B.Ford
Aji Pineapple  second season                           Ajijoe  slight chance at a 7pot cross. Lost track of crossed pod.  
BG7                                                               Ocho Cinco
Orange Wild Brazil                                           Ajijoe
Goatsweed                                                      Ajijoe
Chocolate Habanero                                         B.Ford
Mystery Hababhut?                                          Nursery
Scotch Bonnets                                               Nursery
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"                                       Ajijoe
Fooled you jalapeno                                         Ajijoe
Yellow Primo                                                   jcw10tc
White Devils tongue                                         jcw10tc
7pot Yellow brainstrain                                     jcw10tc
Trinidad Giant yellow congo                              jcw10tc 
Bahamian goat                                                jcw10tc
Aji Crystal                                                      Capcom
Cumari do Para                                              Capcom
Carolina Reaper                                              R.Roland
7pot Yellow                                                                  No Germ
Yaki brown                                                     juanitos
Xalapa Jalapeno                                             Capcom
Pink Tiger                                                     pier_man0909
Criola Sella                                                   mpicante
7pot White                                                    smileyguy697
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso)  F2                         smileyguy697
Aji Amarillo                                                    mpicante
MOA Scotch Bonnet                                      smileyguy697
Champion (baccatum)                                    smileyguy697
Large Thai Orange                                         Romny 6  (Growdown throwdown)
Yellow Bhut                                                  Pier_man0909
Australian Lantern Habanero                          ajijoe
CGN 21500                                                                      
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate                              chocolatescotchbonnet
Red Savina                                                  chocolatescotchbonnet
7pot Chocolate                                             chocolatescotchbonnet
Carbonero                                                    Pepper T Sherwood
 ​
 ​
 Also doing a few Pineapple ground cherry tomato plants. Taste just like tiny pineapples and will be great for a salsa verde with ajis and maybe the bonda ma jacques

Here is my Currently wanted list. I will keep it updated and change it as things pop up. If you have any of these seeds and would like to trade for something on my current seed list please let me know. Line through it means seed trades are underway. 

Seeds Wanted:

Lemon Habanero
Murupi amarela
Carbanero

More Useless Pics

Turned off the LEDs so the colors aren't too washed. Still no 7pot Yellows sprouted

A few close ups of random plants:

The Paper Lanterns have the largest cotyledons of all  my seedlings

Random Tricot on one the white bullets

At first I thought the warped cotyledons was from overheating in the seedling dome but so far all but one have this going on. You can see a lil leaf burn on the tip of the leaf to the far right.  

I can't wait until it's a little warmer out so I can actually do some things in the garden. I'm starting to go stir crazy. Soon as I get some more seeds in I'm going to start the next batch of seedlings as well. 

D3monic said:
Already seeing some variation in the Fidalga Roxa seedlings. Going to make it hard deciding what to keep and cull.... I think I want to keep both these guys. 

This one's in a different cup

Curious to see how these grow out.
I would definitely save both of these to see how they play out.
It's looking good man, did you ever get a different soil?

twilliams386 said:
I would definitely save both of these to see how they play out.
It's looking good man, did you ever get a different soil?

Thanks, I think I will save both. 

I haven't got any new soil yet, trying to sell a few ps3 and ps4 games to get the scratch. Someone may be buying one our spare mowers for $200 Was going to use that to get some Happy frog and a few 1020s and a few these planting kits form local Menards (like homedepot) . I was rummaging in the garden when the snow melted the other day and scored an unopened bag of perlite so I at least have that to mix in with the MG. To combat the fungus gnats in the MG I will water with a diluted peroxide to kill the larvae that hatch before they get a chance to become airborne. Hopefully disrupt their reproduction cycle before it really gets started. 

D3monic said:
Thanks, I think I will save both. 

I haven't got any new soil yet, trying to sell a few ps3 and ps4 games to get the scratch. Someone may be buying one our spare mowers for $200 Was going to use that to get some Happy frog and a few 1020s and a few these planting kits form local Menards (like homedepot) . I was rummaging in the garden when the snow melted the other day and scored an unopened bag of perlite so I at least have that to mix in with the MG. To combat the fungus gnats in the MG I will water with a diluted peroxide to kill the larvae that hatch before they get a chance to become airborne. Hopefully disrupt their reproduction cycle before it really gets started.
One thing I used to do for extra cash, sell plasma. Don't know if its an option where you're at, but it comes in handy.

Its crazy to think those gnats came with the soil. I'd be pissed enough to give a bad review at least. I'm just glad they weren't in my MG starter mix.

Can the gnats cause major problems with the plants or are they just annoying? Are you trying to stay organic?

twilliams386 said:
One thing I used to do for extra cash, sell plasma. Don't know if its an option where you're at, but it comes in handy.
Its crazy to think those gnats came with the soil. I'd be pissed enough to give a bad review at least. I'm just glad they weren't in my MG starter mix.
Can the gnats cause major problems with the plants or are they just annoying? Are you trying to stay organic?
Na not overly worried about organic, the gnats can come in any soil. Used to get them in my roots organics soil as well and they already seem to be on decline. I did read a lot of negative reviews about them in the MG though. I'm more worried about aphids than anything since my over winters had a bad infestation. The gnats are more a nuisance but if left unchecked the can damage the plant roots.

D3monic said:
Na not overly worried about organic, the gnats can come in any soil. Used to get them in my roots organics soil as well and they already seem to be on decline. I did read a lot of negative reviews about them in the MG though. I'm more worried about aphids than anything since my over winters had a bad infestation. The gnats are more a nuisance but if left unchecked the can damage the plant roots.
Ah well good to know!
I almost had an aphid problem last summer, local grow shop recommended a bottle of cyonara 9.7 (lambdacyhalothrin) hooked it up to the hose and wiped those bitches out in one blast. 10 day waiting period for harvest, got a good rain in between, peppers and plants were great afterwards.. Not really sure where I was headed.. Grow on!

twilliams386 said:
Ah well good to know!
I almost had an aphid problem last summer, local grow shop recommended a bottle of cyonara 9.7 (lambdacyhalothrin) hooked it up to the hose and wiped those bitches out in one blast. 10 day waiting period for harvest, got a good rain in between, peppers and plants were great afterwards.. Not really sure where I was headed.. Grow on!

Yea I tried seven, and something else. Didn't do anything to their numbers and they got really bad really quick in the warm basement. I forgot all about peroxide until a few weeks ago. I should have filled the bath tub and drowned those bitches like a over priced hooker. 

Looks like we got a winner in this batch of seedlings. 

Urfa Biber popped in just 5 days. 

Had a nice little night out, Old lady and I went to olive garden for dinner. Kicked myself for leaving the house without any pepper powder. really need to get me one those key chain pill dispensers. Would be good as hell in their Chicken gnocchi soup.

Stopped at Menards on the way home to get a few planter kits. Was happy to find some Promix for only $13 a bag. It's not the promix4 but compared to the 50+ bucks a bag at the hydro store i'm not going to complain. I got zombie juice and some bio inoculant for hydro set ups to introduce mycorrhizae and the other beneficial microbes and a bag of some manure from last year. Got everything pictured for only around $20. Wish I would of went there instead home depot in the first place. 

I'm never using solo cups again. At $3.50 a kit these are a much better option. The plastic pots are flimsy but the 1020 it comes with is shaped so each pot fits snug and they can't tip. I also love the texture of the pro mix. So clean and fluffy.  Pots are black but I got some white duct tape on them for writing. 

coachspencerxc said:
Nice garden pics.

Thanks!, can't wait till it warms up and I can start prepping it. I tried today cause the sun was warm and shining but everything still frozen half an inch down. Couldn't get my stakes out the ground or anything. Probably going to stain all the wood this spring. 

Good to see you got those planters.  The 3.5 are a bit flimsy, but that tray they are in is really nice.  Sturdier than a standard tray.  I had 2 of them last year and bought 2 more this year.  

jcw10tc said:
Good to see you got those planters.  The 3.5 are a bit flimsy, but that tray they are in is really nice.  Sturdier than a standard tray.  I had 2 of them last year and bought 2 more this year.  

Yea I really should of gone that route in the first place. Soon as I get some more money i'm getting a few more and moving the plants from solo cups to those. Will utilize the space under lights better and make hardening them off outside this spring easier. Will be nice to move them from the miracle grow to the pro mix. The texture of pro mix is so much more appealing and was only a dollar more than the MG. I already found some weird black bubbly fungus in one the MG solo cups. No idea wtf it was never seen it before. Dumped some peroxide on it and it foamed like crazy. Starting to remember all the reasons I had moved to hydro back in the day. 

I may have to invest in those planters, I gotta ditch the peat cups and the thought of a few dozen solo cups takes me back to mornings after keg parties. I think ill avoid the mess this time around. Does menards ship from website?

twilliams386 said:
I may have to invest in those planters, I gotta ditch the peat cups and the thought of a few dozen solo cups takes me back to mornings after keg parties. I think ill avoid the mess this time around. Does menards ship from website?

Yea Menards does ship and I assume they would ship to texas. Walmart also appears to carry them but at a much higher price. Did a quick google of different products and you really can't beat the price on these at Menards even with the cost of shipping it's probably a good option and cheaper than if you just drove to walmart and picked them up. 

twilliams386 said:
The best thing about them is the tray.  It has forms to hold each 3.5 pot so they don't slide around as easy as a standard flat tray.  It doesn't have holes to holds water and you can bottom water.  The pots themselves like D3monic said aren't anything special, but are still better than solo cups, I save even those last year and could use again if it wanted.  I bought some 3.5" pots that are 5.5" deep at novoselenterprises.com that fit great into this tray.  Going to use those in the trays from last year as I don't want to put into any bigger pots before planting.  Moving these from basement to outside for hardening off is much easier for me as little to no worry about tipping like with solo cups.  I had some solo cups last year and once the pepper gets taller and heavier had to be so careful, they wanted to tip all the time as I could never get a tight fit in the tray with them.

I tried to tell my Dad about the deal on the kits at Menards.. he was like pft Noob, I already have a bunch of those. Talked him into popping his little greenhouse up so he can get a start on his plants. 

Let the dogs out this morning and had a few visitors that weren't the least bit concerned with the yapping. 

Checked on the basement, Pineapple ground cherries are starting to pop. Was worried I didn't clean and store them right. Glad to see they had no problems. I may plant these in several places including hanging planters to see how they do since they don't get tall.

Sweet Datil rocking a little sunburn from the LEDs being too low. 

100% germ on the Jays Peach Scorpion

Fatalii hasn't had a very good germ rate but happy to have a few up.

Later going down to the basement to work on transplanting some seedlings to new containers while the old lady does her workout down there. Knowing me there will be more pics... soooo many pics of just seedlings. I know, but i'm not sorry. 

Edit: I don't know why photobucket is butchering the text on my pictures. My originals don't look like that :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn59hxB-8P0

Back