• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's 2015 Glog. Lots of Pods.

I had a great 2014 growing year and can't wait to get started on 2015. Had some issues with overwinters and aphids but I ditched them and nuked the basement. Here is last years Glog link

I just went through and cataloged my current seed list. Built up a bit of a collection over the course of the winter. 

Edited seed list to just a drop box file on 1/31/15 CLICK HERE FOR SEED LIST If you have anything on my wanted list feel free to give me a shout. 
 ​
I will keep this first page updated as I add things to the grow. Many still to get germinated.

Currently Growing List:
 ​
                                                       Member I received seeds from

Bhut Orange Copenhagen                               pier_man0909
Jays Peach Scorpion                                     pier_man0909
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques                                          Ajijoe
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil                                                    pier_man0909
Bulsa de dulce                                               pier_man0909
Aji Omni-color                                                 Ajijoe
Aji Limon                                                        Ajijoe
Fidalga Roxa                                                   Ajijoe
White Bullet Hab                                            Juanitos.
Paper Lantern Hab.                                         B.Ford
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii                                                   -jcw10tc
White Bhut jolokia                                           -jcw10tc
Urfa Biber                                                       pier_man0909
Inca Berry  -                                                    Ajijoe
Caribbean Red Hab                                          B.Ford
Aji Pineapple  second season                           Ajijoe  slight chance at a 7pot cross. Lost track of crossed pod.  
BG7                                                               Ocho Cinco
Orange Wild Brazil                                           Ajijoe
Goatsweed                                                      Ajijoe
Chocolate Habanero                                         B.Ford
Mystery Hababhut?                                          Nursery
Scotch Bonnets                                               Nursery
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"                                       Ajijoe
Fooled you jalapeno                                         Ajijoe
Yellow Primo                                                   jcw10tc
White Devils tongue                                         jcw10tc
7pot Yellow brainstrain                                     jcw10tc
Trinidad Giant yellow congo                              jcw10tc 
Bahamian goat                                                jcw10tc
Aji Crystal                                                      Capcom
Cumari do Para                                              Capcom
Carolina Reaper                                              R.Roland
7pot Yellow                                                                  No Germ
Yaki brown                                                     juanitos
Xalapa Jalapeno                                             Capcom
Pink Tiger                                                     pier_man0909
Criola Sella                                                   mpicante
7pot White                                                    smileyguy697
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso)  F2                         smileyguy697
Aji Amarillo                                                    mpicante
MOA Scotch Bonnet                                      smileyguy697
Champion (baccatum)                                    smileyguy697
Large Thai Orange                                         Romny 6  (Growdown throwdown)
Yellow Bhut                                                  Pier_man0909
Australian Lantern Habanero                          ajijoe
CGN 21500                                                                      
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate                              chocolatescotchbonnet
Red Savina                                                  chocolatescotchbonnet
7pot Chocolate                                             chocolatescotchbonnet
Carbonero                                                    Pepper T Sherwood
 ​
 ​
 Also doing a few Pineapple ground cherry tomato plants. Taste just like tiny pineapples and will be great for a salsa verde with ajis and maybe the bonda ma jacques

Here is my Currently wanted list. I will keep it updated and change it as things pop up. If you have any of these seeds and would like to trade for something on my current seed list please let me know. Line through it means seed trades are underway. 

Seeds Wanted:

Lemon Habanero
Murupi amarela
Carbanero

Just checked on the grow and got some new sprouts since this morning. 

Aji Pineapple, oddly much smaller than I remember and has to be the smallest of my peppers to sprout so far, even compared to the other ajis. Both sprouts are about the same size. 

Getting my first hook off the  Caribbean Reds

Really digging the Fidalga roxa and I think this is going to be one my favorites this year. I may try to cross these with a few different plants this summer. 

D3monic said:
Had a nice little night out, Old lady and I went to olive garden for dinner. Kicked myself for leaving the house without any pepper powder. really need to get me one those key chain pill dispensers. Would be good as hell in their Chicken gnocchi soup.

Soda bottle preforms work great for bringing powders into restaurants, or just carrying around in general.  http://www.amazon.com/Soda-Bottle-Preforms-Caps-30/dp/B008MB1QNY  

Peter S said:

Soda bottle preforms work great for bringing powders into restaurants, or just carrying around in general.  http://www.amazon.com/Soda-Bottle-Preforms-Caps-30/dp/B008MB1QNY  

Nice, those would be great for shipping or gifting powders to people for sure. 

I was leaning toward the little deals that I could carry with at all times on my key chain like THESE maybe swap out a green lid on a red dispenser to make it look a lil like a chili.

We got around a foot of snow overnight and it's still going. Took me two hours to shovel the driveway. 

Got a few more seedlings popping in the basement. White Fatalii, keeping all that pop.

My first BG7 hook

Butch T yellow doing good. 

the test pots that I used peroxide in seem to be doing well. If anything they have a little more size to them than the pots that were not treated. The soil in them was dry and crispy though. I top watered them all with tap water that had a few tsp of peroxide in it. Only seen 2 fungus gnats while I was inspecting them and watering. 

White Bhut is starting to pop. Another one the plants i'm really looking forward to this year. (looking forward to all my whites)

My Dad's supposed to come by some time this week to claim some of my culls. The heard is getting a lil thick in the older cups.

No mail yesterday because the roads where still too bad, really hoping to see some seeds in the mail today. I'm getting the itch to start some more. 

twilliams386 said:
How do you cull them to where they're still salvageable?

Gently :p

I plan on transplanting them to square pots so I will probably just gently dump their entire cup contents out and separate them and replant. If they was larger I would just pull them straight up and out and into new pots. 

Looking awesome brother! I got a quick question for you....This is my first year growing the Aji Pineapples. Flavor profile, heat level and are they fairly stable in pheno types? Most will have an odd runt and such but just wondering so I can get a better idea of that particular plant. Thanks

organic pepper said:
Looking awesome brother! I got a quick question for you....This is my first year growing the Aji Pineapples. Flavor profile, heat level and are they fairly stable in pheno types? Most will have an odd runt and such but just wondering so I can get a better idea of that particular plant. Thanks

Yea they should be stable, very similar to aji limon imo. Both had grown to the same height and had same heat levels ect. Pineapple being more a gold orange and limon being yellow. Both very citrus and crunchy with a respectable heat but not ridiculous. I could sit and eat them plain. I'd have to eat them again and see if there was a big difference taste wise. My seeds are from ajijoe seedstock and nigel does a review of the pepper here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yECSy55Xy8

D3monic said:

Yea they should be stable, very similar to aji limon imo. Both had grown to the same height and had same heat levels ect. Pineapple being more a gold orange and limon being yellow. Both very citrus and crunchy with a respectable heat but not ridiculous. I could sit and eat them plain. I'd have to eat them again and see if there was a big difference taste wise. My seeds are from ajijoe seedstock and nigel does a review of the pepper here
Thank you!

Really nice grow list.It appears that you are off to a great start,good luck on your grow 2015.Fungus gnats always pesky,and a serious sanitizing you accomplished.Going to check your trade list.A lot of pics too,really cool.

mpicante said:
Really nice grow list.It appears that you are off to a great start,good luck on your grow 2015.Fungus gnats always pesky,and a serious sanitizing you accomplished.Going to check your trade list.A lot of pics too,really cool.

Thanks, I got lots more I plan on planting too once it all gets here. Goatweed in honor of Hogleg, decided to do some wild brazil again this year, redo on 7pot yellow because it hasn't sprouted and Waiting on some random unknows from capcom, tepin x lemon drop from another, white 7pot and a few others. Too excited to grow them all. 

Soaking my next round of seeds. Only doing one to two plants of each of these as my garden will be over flowing. Some may even end up in decorative pots around the property disguised as flowers until it's too late for the old lady to bitch. Don't mind the days of the week, helps me keep track of spot in pill holder

Sun- Orange Wild Brazil 
Mon-Goatsweed
Tue- Chocolate Habanero
Wed- Mystery Hababhut?
Thurs- Scotch bonnets and lots of them cause I love bonnets. 
Fri- Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Sat- Fooled you Jalapeno (growing a few out to gift to a buddy)

I was a little sad, out of all these pod chunks of Taquila "hot" I had been sent I could only find 5 seeds in the lot of them. 

Not a big deal, will have plenty by next fall I suppose. 

Dropped 4 envelopes of seeds off at the post office and grabbed 3 more things of seedling kits at Menards. Next round of not so hots has hit the dirt and on the heat pad. 

Off to file taxes. ... Pray I don't owe. Only worked 3 months last year and reporting on 120k ...ugh. 

D3monic said:
Dropped 4 envelopes of seeds off at the post office and grabbed 3 more things of seedling kits at Menards. Next round of not so hots has hit the dirt and on the heat pad. 

Off to file taxes. ... Pray I don't owe. Only worked 3 months last year and reporting on 120k ...ugh.
Loving those pots. I haven't ordered yet because shipping is equal to cost, but I'm gonna start looking around for similar deals. Did you compare prices with greenhouse megastore?

I have to say that the sticky fly strips have really worked well for me along with peroxide/water. I also enjoy the satisfaction of seeing my vanquished foes stuck on the strips as a reminder to the other gnats as what will happen lol.

Back