• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December: Last Meal

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last meal would be...

app, bone-in prime ribeye, twice baked potato with scallions and bacon in the mix
main - bottle of 30 yr old Tawney port
dessert - bottle of Sam Adams Utopias

My last meal would be...

app, bone-in prime ribeye, twice baked potato with scallions and bacon in the mix
main - bottle of 30 yr old Tawney port
dessert - bottle of Sam Adams Utopias

Yeah, see - I had a meal like that last Fri night. Not really that exciting (though delicious, and without the Sam Adams)

I'm down with last meal idea (even though some of you, like the Mayans, apparently haven't heard of leap year) but I'd be afraid I'd have to do more than just "my favorite meal" because I doubt a bone-in ribeye, red potatoes and asparagus would be worthy of votes.

Hmm...I'll have to start thinking about this one some more. Like 3/5 I haven't been able to get in on the last couple TDs and I'd like to do one more before the end of the year. .

Yeah, see - I had a meal like that last Fri night. Not really that exciting (though delicious, and without the Sam Adams)

I'm down with last meal idea (even though some of you, like the Mayans, apparently haven't heard of leap year) but I'd be afraid I'd have to do more than just "my favorite meal" because I doubt a bone-in ribeye, red potatoes and asparagus would be worthy of votes.

Hmm...I'll have to start thinking about this one some more. Like 3/5 I haven't been able to get in on the last couple TDs and I'd like to do one more before the end of the year. .
Yeah I eat too well all the time, I spoil myself. Speaking of eating...

178985_10150918544513509_150042042_n.jpg

moobs.....eeeewwwwww!

that boy needs a bra!

Nice looking loins. Joyner's.....

(bet you never thought you'd hear THAT on a public forum!!!! :lol: )

I asked salsadude what his "last meal" would be and it was more of a shepherd's pie kind of feeling. early childhood....

Is this like a Death Row last meal request but that one we have to make ourselves?

The stuff I'd want I could probably make but would cost me a small fortune.

Then again, if its my last meal I could just steal what I need because, really, it IS my last meal.

First off I want 2 dozen deep fried oysters from Puget Sound.

2 dozen deep fried chorizo and sharp cheddar stuffed poppers.

A whole side of grilled king salmon.

One CFS from AllGood Cafe in Deep Ellum, Dallas, TX.

6 flattop griddled sliders with dill pickles.

3 taco's al pastor carved from an authentic Mexico City trompo by an 80 yo Mexican tromodero maestro.

2 bottles of C. Lafitte Rothschild '76.

A bottle of Don Julio reposado.

4 each of fish and shrimp tacos from Ricky's Fish Taco's in L.A., fried up table side by Ricky Pena' his bad 'sef.

A big plate of my mothers stuffed cabbages.

2 1/2 gallons of queso.

A whole slab of baby back ribs.

5 pounds of bbq brisket.

4 order's of fried shrimp from Snoopy's Pier in Corpus Christi, TX.

2 orders of deep fried pickles from Earl's Gas, Grocery, and Liquor Store, located on the 380 east of Denton, TX.

4 shrimp and cheddar burrito's topped with ranchera sauce.

3 giant bowls of blue corn tortilla chips.

1/2 gallon of guac.

47 limes.

A 2 gallon batch of sun dried tomato, chantrelle mushroom mac & cheese with 6 bottles of The Cheech Mojo Mango Sauce.

Nothing for dessert.

I like how it's all greasy spoon American but at the end of the list he needs his side all foo foo'ed.

A 2 gallon batch of sun dried tomato, chantrelle mushroom mac & cheese

I like how it's all greasy spoon American but at the end of the list he needs his side all foo foo'ed.

Well that list ain't gonna' make a fatboy slim.

I didn't even mention the 2 #10 cans of Herdez jalapeno's en escabeche'.

Or the 3 cases each of Pinkus Alt and Alaskan Amber hosky.

Screw all the health kick hippy granola food and wheatgrass drinks.

I asked salsakid what his last meal would be-

oven roasted cabrito and potatoes-n-onions, tiramisu, and a whole lot of limoncello ( "it's the end of the world, ya gotta have a lot of alcohol" )

This happens to be the first meal we ate after arriving in La Paz MX, cooked by Attili, an italian immigrant to Mexico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back