• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Deployment Pics

Stay safe and thank you for your service.

I spent my whole tour over seas in Germany, got out back in 90. Day before I left Germany to fly back here a bunch of us got plastered, nothing like a long plane ride, no sleep and hung over. LOL

A beautiful sunrise on day four.....

IMG_4762_zps637748a3.jpg

.....but the air quality must SUCK......cause they set us up with gas masks.....

IMG_4773_zps56c69d0a.jpg

.....I wonder if I can beer up through the drinking tube.... :think:

IMG_4774_zps1afa0070.jpg

It's been an interesting day. We finally got our uniforms......

IMG_4776_zpsbfe5e3f8.jpg

Here's me....trying on the "Guacaflage"...

IMG_4777_zps141d5b65.jpg

And here is everything I was issued. I bet you a dollar I don't wear half of this crap.....

IMG_4779_zps0e612e55.jpg

Now.....MOST of us were moved forward via bus to Ft. Jackson.......but not ME!! Oh No No No.... Me? I'm going to Ft. Polk, LA. (apparently my mission is different) So they gave me a flight set to depart tomorrow.

THREE HOURS LATER......they pull back my travel orders.....and tell me I'll be here at least till TUESDAY. That means sitting in a hotel room.....with no rental car.....and nothing but a mini-mart and food court to sustain me for the next 4 days.

It's a damn good thing there's beer.....

Well, at least you have corn dogs. Way to overcome and improvise! I like the ratio of beer to water. :lol:

One thing a for sure - his TD entries are gonna SUCK!

:rofl:

(Actually I'm hoping Paulky will enter one while he's deployed using only standard issue foods. Will be hilarious to see him try to match the theme)

Back