• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2017-Having a good time in the dirt

Another season has come and gone. Time to start a new one!

Although I did already a few weeks ago :shh: . After last years dismal (late) start I jumped in a bit early to insure I could have viable plants come dirt day. I can always cut them back, if I need to. I have to compile a list yet, but I'm growing the full spectrum. Sweets, to supers, based upon what we will actually use. Most of my list is to make LB happy; I'm really glad to see her infuse peppers in more and more dishes. Can't beat that when the wife takes interest ;)

1.jpg

Not the best pic; but the shelf is being sketchy, and I don't need all the babies bouncing off the floor.

Good luck to all this season :party:

Datil said:

I hear ya Scott, i would need a couple of 4 day long weekends :)
Plants look great though!

Fab

Thanks Fabrizio!

I hear ya about needing the 4 day weekends ;) In less than 2 weeks the school district has spring break, perfect timing to get all the peppers in the dirt!

Devv said:

Thanks Rick!

After 2 days outside they exploded in growth! Now moved to the South of the house to protect them from the incoming winds, and then inside for 2 days. I made sod staples from 8 or 10 gauge galvanized wire, and staked down the IRT. Saturday the Annuums hit it. I'm thinking I won't have to use a row cover, but if I do need one I have all the materials ;)

Sounds like a good plan Scott. Glad to see you have things well in hand. You'll be getting pics I hope? :D

Devv said:

Thanks Randy!

Tomatoes I got down, been growing them for 35 years. Peppers....I may just be getting the hang of. I've learned 12" or better with bark on the trunk come dirt day is the way to go here in the semi desert.

So what did you do to your car? I have most everything here except a lift; and my mind is clicking away on that idea! I never parted with all the tools I acquired while working as an auto tech. The shop was designed for one, but the boss (LB) wanted me to do wood working.

This was the first time I went back in an engine when I replaced leaky timing chain cover gasket on my Grand Prix.I never thought that car would be driven out of my garage once I started working on it.This was the toughest job of several I took on with youtube. ;)  

IMG_20161217_233536265.jpg

Devv said:
I have a few gals out and soaking up the sun.

92.jpg

93.jpg

Naturally I didn't get near what I wanted to get done this weekend. But I keep trying...
They are looking awesome Scott!! Sorry I have been lurking and realised i have not actually commented on your glog ... Best of continued luck and great to see you back in a healthy state to share your grow!

Mmmmmmm, I actually got to sit in the driver seat of one of those Hellcats yesterday.

They had it buried so deep in the showroom it would have taken an hour or more to get it out for a test drive. First time I was ever told I'd have to leave a deposit to test drive a car in my life.

randyp said:
This was the first time I went back in an engine when I replaced leaky timing chain cover gasket on my Grand Prix.I never thought that car would be driven out of my garage once I started working on it.This was the toughest job of several I took on with youtube. ;)  

attachicon.gif
IMG_20161217_233536265.jpg

Randy, good on you for working on your car. They may seem daunting but it's still an engine. It looks like you keep your oil changed too! Minor tip. I use brakeclean to clean up areas that are going to get RTV sealer. RTV is better than silicon sealer for engines. I take it your work was a success?

stickman said:

Sounds like a good plan Scott. Glad to see you have things well in hand. You'll be getting pics I hope? :D

Why of course ;)  I'm also going to test the soil temps in the IRT area and the dirt with a meat thermometer, to see the difference. Just don't tell LB :shh:

Trippa said:
They are looking awesome Scott!! Sorry I have been lurking and realised i have not actually commented on your glog ... Best of continued luck and great to see you back in a healthy state to share your grow!

Thanks Trippa!

It's great to be back in the saddle both health wise and gardening wise ;)

Superhot Sim said:
Boooooooooooom your sunning your plants Scott and were freezing here in the UK :crazy: everything looking great and all very healthy , all set for a fruitful season .

Thanks Sim!

I have the weather now, but come mid July my plants are done. I've had to run them until fall in the past and it is just too much. Other things to do you know!

Trident chilli said:
I am with Simmy we are getting a battening from your storms .... Doris first now Ewan ... and your bathed in sun that's not fair ... great grow all the very best Scott

Thanks John!

I just saw your plants, they look awesome!

stettoman said:
Mmmmmmm, I actually got to sit in the driver seat of one of those Hellcats yesterday.

They had it buried so deep in the showroom it would have taken an hour or more to get it out for a test drive. First time I was ever told I'd have to leave a deposit to test drive a car in my life.

Yeah, they are not allowed to drive them; or let anyone take them out for test drives unless they know they're a serious buyer. But can you blame them? Everyone wants to put the hammer down :D
Mine had 2 miles on it, and they talked me into a test drive. I really didn't need to, as I drove up in a 2016 Scat Pack, and I told them so.
So the sales guy and I get into the car and he says "please don't kill me I have a 2 year old".
I laughed and said "no flogging until it's properly broken in" ;)  This is my last car. Unless I win the mega or the powerball :dance:
I must say I do love the ride!

Devv said:

Randy, good on you for working on your car. They may seem daunting but it's still an engine. It looks like you keep your oil changed too! Minor tip. I use brakeclean to clean up areas that are going to get RTV sealer. RTV is better than silicon sealer for engines. I take it your work was a success?

Thanks for the tip Scott.My scariest part was the harmonic balancer bolt.You tube convinced me to strap a long ratchet to the sidewall and tap the starter.I ducted in the floorboard as I turned the key.worked like a charm. :dance:

OCD Chilehead said:
Glad your back in the saddle. My old boss has a Hellcat. He said I can't find a road flat enough to really get it opened up. He says it wants to lift up on any dips in road. He said he spun the tires at 80mph. I know the first Hellcat that was sold in Colorado was wrecked.

Did you see this news awhile back. Had to laugh.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1107162_teens-steal-hellcats-then-crash-them

Yeah, LB pointed that out to me, crazy teenagers!

Mine has less than 900 miles on it. I'm way far from knowing the car yet. But 80mph tire spin? He crazy! I will be putting larger tires on the gal!

randyp said:
      Thanks for the tip Scott.My scariest part was the harmonic balancer bolt.You tube convinced me to strap a long ratchet to the sidewall and tap the starter.I ducted in the floorboard as I turned the key.worked like a charm. :dance:

Ummm, I've done that! Sometimes way back, when the impact wouldn't break it loose, it was the only choice. Ya gotta go with what works ;)

Back