• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2017-Having a good time in the dirt

Another season has come and gone. Time to start a new one!

Although I did already a few weeks ago :shh: . After last years dismal (late) start I jumped in a bit early to insure I could have viable plants come dirt day. I can always cut them back, if I need to. I have to compile a list yet, but I'm growing the full spectrum. Sweets, to supers, based upon what we will actually use. Most of my list is to make LB happy; I'm really glad to see her infuse peppers in more and more dishes. Can't beat that when the wife takes interest ;)

1.jpg

Not the best pic; but the shelf is being sketchy, and I don't need all the babies bouncing off the floor.

Good luck to all this season :party:

wiriwiri said:
Scott you have some awesome plants there...I have nothing to compare to those beauties at this time.We have been inundated with rain
for a long time,seems like forever.
An occasional day with a few hours of sun is all we are seeing,mostly in the 60's with nights mid 40's,,GH almost useless for now.Nice to
see you have adequate heat to spark growth & fruiting,continued success. :P

Thanks Sandy ;)

I got off to a rough start in the dirt garden, pepper wise this year. I've been adding re-shredded mulch for a couple of years and it tied up the nutrients; it's finally coming around ;)
I grew up south of the "Sound" from you in Smithtown Long Island, NY. LB and I left there in 1978. I never grew anything there, but do remember that tomatoes in the neighbors ripened in October. Ours here are about played out.

However, I do remember that by about now you should be darned close to seeing the weather you need.

Good luck this season!

Can't believe how much I missed recently here, Scott.
Everything looks great - the Dread and BOC look 
ready to roll!  Glad to see thing=
s are evening out there.  
I saw some scattered T-Storms in the weather map for
Tejas - hope they missed you this time around.

We are starting a three day stretch of sun here.  Woot!

Thegreenchilemonster said:
Your plants are looking great! I hope you dig those aji dulce pods, it was my wife's favorite pepper plant last year. No heat, super sweet, plus all of that delectable Chinense aroma. It goes great with any salad, stuffed, or as a replacement for bell pepper in just about every dish.

Thanks Dale!

I pulled a pod yesterday and am anxious to try it. I didn't know it was a sweet. That's a good thing to add to mix. Thanks again for the seeds! ;)

PaulG said:
Can't believe how much I missed recently here, Scott.
Everything looks great - the Dread and BOC look 
ready to roll!  Glad to see thing=
s are evening out there.  
I saw some scattered T-Storms in the weather map for
Tejas - hope they missed you this time around.

We are starting a three day stretch of sun here.  Woot!

Thanks Paul!

Things are really kicking in now, I should be set. We been having little storms, 3/10's here and there for 2 weeks, 3"s total. It got the flowers going ;)

Just dropping in Scott and your having a party, lol plants pods whole grow is looking amazing, love the Scotch brains and the dreadie pods buddy.

I know you battle the elements Scott, we having a few rough days of heavy wind and rain here, I get great weather usually as on the coast in a estuary, but when we get winds of the coast it CAN destroy the garden in minutes.
Warmer weather back from Thursday onwards lol.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

OCD Chilehead said:
+1 on all of the above.

Growdown is looking good. That bush will be pushing out pods into January.

Thanks Chuck!

So glad to see your grow doing so well after all the hard work ;)

As for the growdown, time will tell ;)  I'm hoping it continues what it started!

Superhot Sim said:
Just dropping in Scott and your having a party, lol plants pods whole grow is looking amazing, love the Scotch brains and the dreadie pods buddy.

I know you battle the elements Scott, we having a few rough days of heavy wind and rain here, I get great weather usually as on the coast in a estuary, but when we get winds of the coast it CAN destroy the garden in minutes.
Warmer weather back from Thursday onwards lol.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Thanks Sim!

I'm stoked that things are finally coming together!

I hope the weather treats you right! The main reason I put a fence around my garden was to stop the wind damage. I need to take a pic to show it; but, we're on a ridge and another ridge is close to a mile North of us. The wind comes ripping through the fields and can flatten a garden right quick. And then there's the crazy storms, they do the same. The fence may not be pretty, but it sure does help ;)

randyp said:
Scott,It is great to see the garden and after your last couple years I could not be happier to see success.Your health problems would have broke down many.You are as tough as the Texas weather you live in buddy.

Thanks Randy!

Yes, 2015 went south due to hospital stays, 2016 was critter damage. 2014 was great! In the hospital, for the 3rd time I told the doc " You need to figure this out. I have too much ass to kick!" I'm keeping my word :D

Back