• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dhfreaks SHU quest

Hello~ this is my 4th season attempt to grow peppers. 13 I had an ok year but learned allot also. My best plant last season was a bhut jolikia red. It produced around 50 pods in a five gallon bucket. This year i have over 25 plants total from mild to wild.
I wanna post pictures.... Do i have to pay?
Ive planted some of my peppers in large 10-15 gallon pots. Im hoping to have hundreds of pods on some of my plants. Im gonna overwinter tge best this year. I overwintered an an orange hab from 12'-13' but it didnt preform that well. I think it put out 4 pods total ?!
I was planning on having a bunch of overs from last season including my top performing bhut but i brike my foot ladt september which made it impossible to do the basement stairs :( oh well i got every last pod in the dining room window :)

Yellow TS rooted and going into a much larger home. The new container is 13.5 gallons

I received six seedlings from James @ refining fire chillies about three weeks ago. I transplanted them into big pots so they would hopefully get big. Here they are today.....

1.Giant white Hab

2. Pimenta de neyde

3. Aji Pineapple

4. Red peter pepper

5. Tshololo

6. Fatali :( this was the smallest when it arrived and I think I overwatered it. This is my only casualty of the season....

That yellow scorp is really going to enjoy a 13.5 gallon bucket!

I got my Aji Pineapple and PDN from Jim also and one of the PDNs is my tallest pepper plant in the garden right now and it's budding like crazy.  They're really beautiful plants.  If you have any issues with the Fatalii for the season I can definitely send you some seeds from one of my organic monsters a few weeks from now for your next grow.

Cheers,
Rich

ikeepfish said:
That yellow scorp is really going to enjoy a 13.5 gallon bucket!

I got my Aji Pineapple and PDN from Jim also and one of the PDNs is my tallest pepper plant in the garden right now and it's budding like crazy.  They're really beautiful plants.  If you have any issues with the Fatalii for the season I can definitely send you some seeds from one of my organic monsters a few weeks from now for your next grow.

Cheers,
Rich
That would be legit rich, my girl was the most excited about the fatali. Her favorite and of course that's the one plant that dies. We should do some trading later this season for sure.
I'm stoked about the pdn, I'm very excited to try the tshololo also. I grew an aji lemon two years ago and I loved the peppers from that plant so I hope the pineapple is similar
First ripe pepper of the season. A purple jalapeño that turned red. Haha it's tiny

Hope the fatalii pulls through, don't give up on it yet! Even if it takes a while a few pods will be better than none, right?

I already yanked it because I watched it continue to go downhill. And then It started shriveling like it was dehydrated but it wasn't. You can see in the pic that the roots are orange it wasn't healthy
AaronRiot said:
Hope the fatalii pulls through, don't give up on it yet! Even if it takes a while a few pods will be better than none, right?

ikeepfish said:
That bug you were posting previously looked an awful lot like a ladybug larva, also.  I hope you didn't squish the little guy
No I didn't squish it. I have been squashing some aphids though probably gonna spray with soapy water tomarrow if I see em when j inspect again. I have been avoiding it because I don't wanna kill beneficial bugs too.

The rainforest tricolor is seriously variegated and from the info I've read and the pics I've seen the pods will ripen with variegated stripes on them. Should be interesting. I need to transplant it in to a couple gallon pot

I transplanted my Chocolate ghost, and my red TS. Both had roots to the bottom of their current pots so they should do some more growing in the new homes. :) I'm getting flowers on pretty much all my peppers now. I'm very excited for some fresh peppers. I got this sweet heat hybrid plant on clearance at a local garden center. It is growing some interesting pods.... They almost have tails haha

So I would think that the biggest reason people would prefer seed over started plants is so that you KNEW exactly what you were growing to avoid unwanted surprises at harvest time, in other words they don't trust the origin or stability of nursery starts. Is this the case? Because in the whole pepper I.d. part of this site it seems allot of people don't get what the label said from seed either... I'm just curious because I feel as though I'm not getting very much reception herein my glog, because I didn't start any plants from seed this year. Odd that it would matter but that's all I can figure....

Back