• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dhfreaks SHU quest

Hello~ this is my 4th season attempt to grow peppers. 13 I had an ok year but learned allot also. My best plant last season was a bhut jolikia red. It produced around 50 pods in a five gallon bucket. This year i have over 25 plants total from mild to wild.
I wanna post pictures.... Do i have to pay?
Ive planted some of my peppers in large 10-15 gallon pots. Im hoping to have hundreds of pods on some of my plants. Im gonna overwinter tge best this year. I overwintered an an orange hab from 12'-13' but it didnt preform that well. I think it put out 4 pods total ?!
I was planning on having a bunch of overs from last season including my top performing bhut but i brike my foot ladt september which made it impossible to do the basement stairs :( oh well i got every last pod in the dining room window :)

Pimenta De Neyde, really starting to take off now.

It's finally HOT!!! Check out my forecast!!

Here's my Tshololo, I thought this one was gonna grow larger faster. I'll probably winter it over if I like the taste of the pods.

Here's my orange ghost.. This is my biggest super hot and the first to flower, however it's first blossoms dropped, so the butch t takes the first pod ribbon

Here's a group shot of all my potted peppers. With the exception of one big tomato plant on the far end.

I ordered a mixed SFRB from bakers peppers.... I couldn't wait 30 more days haha. I am very excited to eat one of the chocolate scorpions and I really enjoyed the yellow brainstrains I had last fall. So I'm looking forward to eating some 7 pots too. I can't bealive that it was only 10$!!!! That included shipping. I will post pics when they arrive. And maybe even a pod review we will see....

Annuum bed

Hot cherry pepper

Sweet pickle pepper

Serrano

Cheyenne

This is the sweetheat hybrid I spoke if in an earlier post

Closeup

Purple jalapeƱos going red

7pot Primo getting huge and just starting to flower. She's my last to flower.... Defiantly gonna be bringing her in come fall

Yellow TS

White ghost

Aji pineapple

Chocolate TS

Close up

An unknown Jamaican

Basically depending on your sources there's a bit of fuzzy areas. People often buy their first seeds from no name amazon and eBay sellers who sometimes use underhanded selling techniques like using old seed or different seed from bells and stuff. Basically untrusted sources.

And if you do get a decent vendor, there's a chance that the seed wasn't isolated, which is what I'm most aftaid of as I bought from decent ebay sources but I'm not sure if they're OP or not.

Starting with plants is no better in some locations where plants are mislabeled on purpose or accident.

Unless you get it from a trusted source and an isolated fruit, it's a gamble.

ikeepfish said:
Plants are looking good especially that primo. That Jamaican is a chinense for sure...maybe a bonnet?
Thanks bro, I'm interested to see how true they are gonna grow. I love cooking Jamaican jerk style chicken so a scotch bonnet would be awsome.
Runescape said:
Awesome... that serrano is a beast though...
I think "that Serrano" is multiple plants that didn't get thinned early on at the nursery. Haha but thanks they are growing and producing like crazy. I actually got two more serranos with multiple starts in each pot and a habanero the same way for a dollar each a week ago. So I put them in place of the garlic I had just harvested. I seriously can't get enough. Haha

Dhfreak82 said:
I think "that Serrano" is multiple plants that didn't get thinned early on at the nursery
Lol, makes sense...
Ā 
Thats some weird garlic to the left, bvak had one of those too lol...cloves in the middle...
IuDiyEtl.jpg

sp33d said:
That box o peppers looks tasty..have fun...plants look awesome as well bud...
thanks for the props on my plants. As far as that box goes I've cooked with the chocolates twice. I decided to eat a whole red one. And let me tell ya I had cap cramps for almost 24 hours. The mouth burn lasted roughly 30 minutes but was sooo intense on my tounge... I had tears streaming down my face. I probably only made it about 1:30 after swallowing before I was going for water and cheese. Haha I don't think I'll be doing any super hot challenges for at least a couple weeks. I really enjoy cooking with em and eating small slivers raw. But whole super pods are just outright punishment. I wish I knew exactly what it was that I ate. INTENSE. Much more so than the red bhut I grew last year.

Here is a giant 15 gram chocolate scorpion I got in that box. It went into a very tasty salsa. I took another almost as big and cooked it into the chicken breast we used for the tacos. They were soo delicous. My girl was a little overwhelmed by the heat but she liked em.

Hit my plants with a batch of compost tea two days ago. And a foliage feeding of potassium yesterday. Pics to come
I did a compost tea about 4 weeks ago and definitely saw results. I use fish emulsion/Epsom salt every other regular watering. I'm excited to see how big these beasts are gonna get by September. My orange ghost is already as big as my red ghost was at seasons end last year. The chocolate scorpion got overwatered and started to droop but I haven't been hitting it all week and it's starting to dry out and return to normal. Crazy part is that even when It seemed stressed it grew a bunch and got all budded up.

My orange ghost is puttin on some peppers now. There's probably a dozen set.

Chocolate TS still lookin droopy but growing ...

First Butch T pod

Unknown Jamaican podding up

Pineapple aji going crazy in the heat

Merlot bell

PMD

News!!! I got a a couple ripe peppers!! I've been eating the ripe purple jalapeƱos for a couple weeks. But here is my first ripe Cajun bell.

Little baby apache. I ate a green one the other night and it was surprising hot.

Sweetheat hybrid

Rainforest tricolor these are also very hot surprisingly, I ate the first ripe one last week.

More pods forming on almost everything...
This is my orange hab it's covered in flowers and some are beginning to set finally

Red Hab

Yellow TS

Back