• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Does a potato nullify the right of classification as a chili? / What do you feel is acceptable in a

That was my point. Texas-style does not have it. Chili can.

If you don't like potatoes then why put them in anything? Soup, stew, curry, chili. If you don't like that fine. Now we are getting somewhere.

#potatogate

The Hot Pepper said:
That was my point. Texas-style does not have it. Chili can.

If you don't like potatoes then why put them in anything? Soup, stew, curry, chili. If you don't like that fine. Now we are getting somewhere.

#potatogate
No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO age old debate regional and acceptable only chili with potatoes should be if you live in Ireland!!! :) LOL

image.jpg

oldsalty said:
No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO age old debate regional and acceptable only chili with potatoes should be if you live in Ireland!!! :) LOL

At least I got you to make an exception. :P

I don't want it in my chili. The OP can. I've had lamb vindaloo with potatoes where there should have been lamb (filler) but it was still vindaloo, and I actually like it. It soaks up the curry, tastes good, and gives the mouth a break from the heat. So I can actually see this. I don't mind.

The Hot Pepper said:
At least I got you to make an exception. :P

I don't want it in my chili. The OP can. I've had lamb vindaloo with potatoes where there should have been lamb (filler) but it was still vindaloo, and I actually like it. It soaks up the curry, tastes good, and gives the mouth a break from the heat. So I can actually see this. I don't mind.
Ok yer getting points for the Ireland statement +1 well ok then that's potato vindaloo can't call it lamb vindaloo without lamb. I wouldn't make beef stew with chicken and still call it beef stew. If that's the case let's call everything chili let's just run amuck with our underwear on our head's
amok.gif

Heckle said:
The only way to know for sure is to poll the Chileans.

Attachments

• woodman.jpg
    woodman.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 32
oldsalty said:
Ok yer getting points for the Ireland statement +1 well ok then that's potato vindaloo can't call it lamb vindaloo without lamb.

LOL it had lamb it was lamb vindaloo, places here often add a couple potato pieces. Man put a potato in and you change the name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

oldsalty said:
I make chili many ways with different ingredients depending on the region like Mexican chili with chocolate or adding coffee 

Chocolate? Coffee?! What the hell man? Were you raised by wolves? Next thing you're going to give us your recipe for turkey stuffing with cauliflower and Skittles.
     Lemme get this straight. Potatoes and beans are out, but it's OK to toss a handful of Hershey's Kisses in there?

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
Chocolate? Coffee?! What the hell man? Were you raised by wolves? Next thing you're going to give us your recipe for turkey stuffing with cauliflower and Skittles.
     Lemme get this straight. Potatoes and beans are out, but it's OK to toss a handful of Hershey's Kisses in there?
Not kisses you silly Billy Mexican chocolate and this is a true regional thing Mexican style chili is often made with chocolate. Not potatoes!!! Somebody hep me !!!!!

Back