• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Does anyone have a hobby?

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Not professions that you do as a hobby, like music, or film, but actual hobbies... RC car racing, crochet, pottery... I don't know.

Competition shooting (antique and modern arms), paintball, the perpetual quest to get the Mustang under 10 seconds, oh yeah, and future ruler of Earth.

i like to shoot things. watch racing, golf, and drag racing. drink beer, scotch, and gatorade. play the guitar. assemble computers.....

ross said:
i like to shoot things. watch racing, golf, and drag racing. drink beer, scotch, and gatorade. play the guitar. assemble computers.....

by "things" i mean clay targets and sometimes ruffed grouse.

thehotpepper.com said:
Not professions that you do as a hobby, like music, or film, but actual hobbies... RC car racing, crochet, pottery... I don't know.

Well, gardening is my hobby. I grow peppers because it's fun to try all the different varieties, sweet or mild as well as hot. And I plant butterfly gardens for myself and other people, plus I'm helping a local Revolutionary War park (Historic Camden) grow period appropriate flowers for the Cornwallis House.

Oh, and I like to track down and try quality dark beers, and I do some doggie rescue.

I like practical shooting... mmm... and I love camping too, I go camping every time I can.
I also help at a few community schools and farms in my area when I have time. Right now we're setting up a small farm for a community diner.

I'm pretty much the same as Ross, actually. I'll shoot things when able (rifles, archery) but don't get much chance. Happy to watch sporting events with a beer. Computer assembly and gaming. Star Wars. Reading. Ski-ing. Guitar. Collect Smashing Pumpkins vinyl and rareties when I come across it.

I'm trying to drink a beer in every state, made by that state... just kidding, but that's a good one!

thehotpepper.com said:
I'm trying to drink a beer in every state, made by that state... just kidding, but that's a good one!

north or south dakota (forgot which, maybe both) would require you to actually go there, as they have no bottling facilities.

I play a lot of poker and backgammon - would like to play backgammon for cash sometime - football wagering, football (used to be a coach, my former boss is the offensive coordinator for the SF 49ers), keyboards, and greyhound advocacy. Who'd guess I was a chemistry geek?

mine include keeping arachnids (mainly spiders), reptiles (just snakes at least for now), drinking beers (i try just about anything i can and try to keep one bottle of each type of beer i've had), photography, playing guitar and listening to music, cooking, graffiti and other art, some video games..though i haven't really played much at all the last month or two, watching movies, and i guess that's about it.

dreamtheatervt said:
my former boss is the offensive coordinator for the SF 49ers

Can't they fire him if he's so offensive?

To add to the list: Photography. and, I suppose, cycling and walking as we do that a fair amount. you know, like, hiking, but on a UK scale (5 - 10 miles a day)

DreamTheater, you from SF originally?

Back