• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. There's plenty of places to discuss these topics elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Does anyone have a hobby?

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Not professions that you do as a hobby, like music, or film, but actual hobbies... RC car racing, crochet, pottery... I don't know.

Competition shooting (antique and modern arms), paintball, the perpetual quest to get the Mustang under 10 seconds, oh yeah, and future ruler of Earth.

i like to shoot things. watch racing, golf, and drag racing. drink beer, scotch, and gatorade. play the guitar. assemble computers.....

ross said:
i like to shoot things. watch racing, golf, and drag racing. drink beer, scotch, and gatorade. play the guitar. assemble computers.....

by "things" i mean clay targets and sometimes ruffed grouse.

thehotpepper.com said:
Not professions that you do as a hobby, like music, or film, but actual hobbies... RC car racing, crochet, pottery... I don't know.

Well, gardening is my hobby. I grow peppers because it's fun to try all the different varieties, sweet or mild as well as hot. And I plant butterfly gardens for myself and other people, plus I'm helping a local Revolutionary War park (Historic Camden) grow period appropriate flowers for the Cornwallis House.

Oh, and I like to track down and try quality dark beers, and I do some doggie rescue.

I like practical shooting... mmm... and I love camping too, I go camping every time I can.
I also help at a few community schools and farms in my area when I have time. Right now we're setting up a small farm for a community diner.

I'm pretty much the same as Ross, actually. I'll shoot things when able (rifles, archery) but don't get much chance. Happy to watch sporting events with a beer. Computer assembly and gaming. Star Wars. Reading. Ski-ing. Guitar. Collect Smashing Pumpkins vinyl and rareties when I come across it.

I'm trying to drink a beer in every state, made by that state... just kidding, but that's a good one!

thehotpepper.com said:
I'm trying to drink a beer in every state, made by that state... just kidding, but that's a good one!

north or south dakota (forgot which, maybe both) would require you to actually go there, as they have no bottling facilities.

I play a lot of poker and backgammon - would like to play backgammon for cash sometime - football wagering, football (used to be a coach, my former boss is the offensive coordinator for the SF 49ers), keyboards, and greyhound advocacy. Who'd guess I was a chemistry geek?

mine include keeping arachnids (mainly spiders), reptiles (just snakes at least for now), drinking beers (i try just about anything i can and try to keep one bottle of each type of beer i've had), photography, playing guitar and listening to music, cooking, graffiti and other art, some video games..though i haven't really played much at all the last month or two, watching movies, and i guess that's about it.

dreamtheatervt said:
my former boss is the offensive coordinator for the SF 49ers

Can't they fire him if he's so offensive?

To add to the list: Photography. and, I suppose, cycling and walking as we do that a fair amount. you know, like, hiking, but on a UK scale (5 - 10 miles a day)

DreamTheater, you from SF originally?

Back