• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dorset Nova Strain World Wide Environmental Evaluation Thread

Got the seeds-- thank you!

Novacastrian said:
Hey Palexxx, i actually sent you out another envelope so you should be set. Thats the risk you take when you package seeds, errr "inebriated".

Let me know if you don't get them in a week or so.

ARMIDILLO, SEND ME YOUR ADDY AGAIN PLEASE :)

Edit: Nova Nagaseed is very catchy :P

Hey Serrano, 20 days on a heat mat and still no show, weird. Anyway good luck mate mine took around 30-35 days i think but i just used dirt and no heat mat.

Well, my two Dorset seeds that I planted on 1 Jun 09 have still not germinated...not sure what is wrong...been 15 days. Could be I didn't soak the seeds first and planted em in some left over crappy potting soil, not sure. I bought some new seed starting mix today, soaked two more seeds for about 4 hours or so, and planted the soaked seeds. The new plant date is 16 Jun 09.

superdv1 said:
Well, my two Dorset seeds that I planted on 1 Jun 09 have still not germinated...not sure what is wrong...been 15 days. Could be I didn't soak the seeds first and planted em in some left over crappy potting soil, not sure. I bought some new seed starting mix today, soaked two more seeds for about 4 hours or so, and planted the soaked seeds. The new plant date is 16 Jun 09.

I usually soak my seeds in a weak mixture of camomile tea for about 12 to 18 hrs, then place them just under the soil maybe only 3 mm deep....seems to work for me???

JungleRain said:
I usually soak my seeds in a weak mixture of camomile tea for about 12 to 18 hrs, then place them just under the soil maybe only 3 mm deep....seems to work for me???

So you soak in a cup of tea then?

JungleRain said:
yes camomile tea, I also have the double heated pad.

I might give the camomile tea a go, I normally pour black tea onto a saucer and then soak it up with a paper towel. I then put seeds on the towel fold it up and put it in a zip lock bag for a few days.

Hi Nova,
did you send me the seeds again ?
have not receive any yet :(((
have to wait patiently i guess... i am trying the bhut now.. just put one seed in the peat pot yesterday.

Hi Nova,
did you send me the seeds again ?
have not receive any yet :(((
have to wait patiently i guess... i am trying the bhut now.. just put one seed in the peat pot yesterday.

Hi
No seeds here eithter, probably lost somewhere out there in the big world.doesent matter to much to late to start new seeds now but it would have been fun for next season.

we are hot all year round :)

the malaysian weather is hot and humid almost all year round. currently we are facing a hot spell. no rain for some time. i guess i can start planting anytime here. just that its get sometime too hot for the pepper plant that get scalded by the sun. i had to learn the hard way.

here's an update of my nova nagas

the stuff under the leaf is actually the soil splattered up when i watered this morning (no aphids)

P6210070.jpg

P6210069.jpg

P6210071.jpg

P6210072.jpg

i realized the leaves in one of them appear much yellower than the others............but have no fear.......only 2 days since they were transplanted from the seed tray to these grow bags........they will get a nitrogen boost.........soon they'll look like this:

P6210069a.jpg

these are my first ever bhuts, got them from cappy (1 month older than nova's nagas)

peppermanbaha said:
nice trinicoolieboy. What pepper is that on the paklnt next to the nagas. And did you get any of the seeds i sent to germinate.

those are the same ones which i posted on "Today's Pick" thread.......

and no luck yet getting the BGW to germinate......but i will never give up..........today i am setting another seed tray.......and will definitely set a few more of the BGW and hopefully......three times the charm....

Looking good Trini. I have one of Nova's Nagas in a DIY hydro setup, but not pic worthy yet, still looks pretty much the same. Two my five are headed out to some buddies operations.

If someone is still lookin, didn't get their seeds from Nova, etc. I have like two sixers left to share. Shoot me a PM with your address.

Back