• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

Flavor was woody/bhutish w/ a bite? Initially took my breathe away BOTH times I ate one.

I have 2-3 Yellow Brains poking out from the flowers. Will post pic up later.

*** pepper pron :party:

guhahati getting mature
adkF7nnt.jpg

2 yellow brains forming [not the ones in the background]
acvhe4h5.jpg

these scorps ripened > a month ago and they are still full of vigor. Look at their stems. Strong & green as ever. Ate one around a week ago and it was plenty hot
adf7jN2e.jpg

Spicegeist said:
Alright, great job!  Besides the heat, how did you like the flavor of the Choco Bhut x Douglah?
just finished eating another one to see if I could give you a better reading. This one has had more time to ripen so it squirted bhut/douglah juice on my forearm when I cut it in half to inspect it ;P Ate a sub sandwich before the test but this pepper STILL hit the stomach w/ a BOOM!!! Look at the placenta and the pods I rec'd seemed to be prolific seed producers as well. 2-3 mins in I was like "maybe I've developed a low-grade immunity to this pepper as I've ate two already" Boy was I wrong. Bhut sting w/ Douglah other-wordly heat. Has to be one of the hottest one's I've eaten judging from hiccups, tongue, lips, and stomach burn. A full fifteen minutes later it goes off in my stomach so I double-down on trying to beat back the heat w/ whip cream (started that after the 11 min mark ;) ) Took a couple mins then the stomach settled down but not before I started perspiring (in an air conditioned room mind you.) Lips still stinging 20 mins later. After the 4 min mark i couldn't taste anymore because of sinus so don't know what to tell you taste-wise other than what I've already said.

adykILGh.jpg

*** edit- wish I had used a flash for that pic to show the inside a little better but since it was already ripe, it was closing in on itself. Also, will save some of those seeds for next season.

I know I've said it before...I'm really impressed with your grow, really tough conditions there!

And eating these pods whole, all I can say is bravery!

Have a great week!

Devv said:
I know I've said it before...I'm really impressed with your grow, really tough conditions there!

And eating these pods whole, all I can say is bravery!

Have a great week!
Thanks. i had to build up to it. Never ate a whole pod last season, only parts of pods. The part near the stem is usually the hottest because most of the placenta is, more often than not, on that end. I think I'm going to start spacing-out my pod eating more to allow my stomach to reset and w/ the season winding down that won't be too difficult. I do have a pound bag in the freezer that I purchased here last month to tide me over for the winter- 1/2 Morougas & 1/2 Douglahs.

Just noticed I was 3 pages behind so I started reading to catch up and along the way I ran out of "like dis mon," hehe. So many beautiful pods and the plants look great, how much longer of a grow season do you have left in DC?

Great job mon and have a great week!

WalkGood said:
Just noticed I was 3 pages behind so I started reading to catch up and along the way I ran out of "like dis mon," hehe. So many beautiful pods and the plants look great, how much longer of a grow season do you have left in DC?

Great job mon and have a great week!
well, its hard to say but the temp was in low--mid 90's this afternoon. :hell:  Got my one 4' grow light for the new starts & I'll be culling most of the others. Half my plants didn't grow true because I obtained pods to eat & removed the seeds. That means, I guess, that the pods weren't necessarily isolated. I learn more every year. Just finished my 2nd year of growing so I'm a novice. If it wasn't for all the info provided by fellow chili growers at THP, I'd have prolly given up

ate a pepper I rec'd from PepperLover the other day (ordered a box of the Morich'). Sliced it in half lengthwise then ate it in two bites. I had a good idea of what was coming down the pike EXCEPT for the lave-like back of the throat burn :mouthonfire:  Anyway, thanks PepperLover. :cheers: :

aceryuqV.jpg

Look at all the placenta. :shocked:
abzgdZom.jpg

Devv said:
That looks like pain waiting to happen!

So was this a good tasting pepper?
it did have a sweetness to it and way less of a stomach burn than i thought it might judging from the placenta. I'm very happy w/ these pods. Prolly going to make some kind of my own Hades sauce w/ the remainder.

update on my unknown (can't read that mandarin or cantonese writing???) "chinese" supermarket bought seeds. Threw 10 seeds in a pot to keep me busy in the off-season and they're already putting-out flowers! :

abur610q.jpg

Ate my solitary Jonah pod today. Been ripe on the plant 3-4 weeks possibly but I had other pods that had to be tested first because they had already been removed from a plant. Anyway, when I cut into it, capsacin juice shot out just like it did w/ Charles' Choc Bhut x Douglah pod. This one had an all over mouth/lip burn and the burn was a pleasant bright/sting-like burn. I was happy to see that it grew true and was not inadvertantly crossed w/ something else to make the heat weak. Hit the stomach around 15 mins later and I seem to be alright. There is a burn in the stomach but it seems almost managable.

***- edit- going to get some yogurt :D

***- edit- 20 mins later and stomach still burning and gums actually stinging as well. This is a hot one to be sure.

***- edit- at 7:10 PM (much later) had serious stomach burn for a round 3-4 mins. Jonah is not to be taken lightly. I remember reading a post on here where the Jonah is way up there in the heat scale & I'm a true believer now. Glad I ate lunch before eating this one or else, could've been much worse.

Only got the one pod off the plant but pruned it down to a stick & stuck it out on the balcony:

acwsAWWN.jpg

abfMkDsA.jpg

I deleted a lot of old pics from my album so they should load. Heres a pic from another img host. Its a morouga from sicman I just ate (I took a pic of it cut open but it was blurry):

9906353215_4461dbf0d6.jpg

This one had a deeper burn than the last one I ate. Last one had what I'd call a bright/stingy burn. Very, most definitely a superhot. Waited 10 mins then the whip cream :D

Nice looking pods!

I had to take a week off from anything hot after either getting food poisoning or the worst stomach virus in 40 years. Gonna see what Friday brings ;)

Have a great week!

Devv said:
Nice looking pods!

I had to take a week off from anything hot after either getting food poisoning or the worst stomach virus in 40 years. Gonna see what Friday brings ;)

Have a great week!
those stomach virus' will put you on your back for a couple days no doubt. Can't eat anything/keep anything down but crackers too was the case w/ me many years ago.

been a few days since I ate a pepper so I chose this one from the one's that sicman sent out. This one looked pretty cool on closer inspection. Devilishly hot looking and it had a sting:

9974311015_cfbb2d4e26.jpg
9974332764_dd89cbee3c.jpg
9974446823_120c359704.jpg

Back