• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

just ate one of these morouga pods. They've been on the balcony while I was away up in New England this past week and seem to still be growing outdoors. Must've gotten crossed w/ something , being out on the balcony and all, because I just ate one, the size of a pea, but it was orange in color as opposed to being red. Regardless, the heat-level was in the super-hot level. Scary at first because most superhots end up getting crossed w/ lesser hot varieties, when its unintentional, and the heat was not diminished. Will put up pics later of this and more ripeing Red Scorps..
Dot Com said:
update on some late grows, mutant plants, and late bloomers:

mutant Morouga putting-out dwarf pods. This plant was started in the off-season and suffered from all the assorted ills that indoor grows are want to suffer :( . Stopped growing for a while and leaves are pale-colored. I even changed the dirt but will have to wait & see.

10060192796_f98f83105e_z.jpg

last outside pepper pics of the season. After this, its all indoor grow for me.

Morouga (came out orange)

10599190963_0918fd8749.jpg

was supposed to be yellow brain. Still haven't tried one of these yet :scared:

10598940744_bf881e6c0d.jpg

2nd batch of Red Scorps ripening under grow light. These are scorchers :fire:  :

10598952814_c70fda2d86.jpg

Nice finishing shots. ...Even the green unripe super hots have their place in the kitchen. Thin walled ppods can be slivered and put into most anything on the stove..
I like the last photo !

just ate 1/2 of the morouga. Second from right in the top of pic. It was fully orangish/reddish & had placenta throughout although other superhot peppers I've seen have had more. I was a little nervous and I was right to be. Hot right at the outset and produced hiccups. After around a minute or two went down the throat like lava for 2 mins after that. Definitely a stingy one. Stomach seems ok right now (4 mins in). Tongue & throat still burning.

heres the pic from ystrdy. Look at the oil :fireball:

10735526615_eb670c874c.jpg

just ate 1/2 of this one (side w/o the stem. Look at the placenta on it. I could see the capsacin oil glistening on it as well. Supposed to be a Yellow Brain & it was hot although not hiccuping or panic-mode hot . I'd consider this one as a sucess story.

10736570424_06462b1238.jpg

Dot Com said:
update on my unknown (can't read that mandarin or cantonese writing???) "chinese" supermarket bought seeds. Threw 10 seeds in a pot to keep me busy in the off-season and they're already putting-out flowers! :

abur610q.jpg

Finally starting to ripen:

10803682214_3cd4e96ba8.jpg

I trimmed all the lower foliage as I always do after moving plants indoors to make them less appealing to pests and easier for me to monitor for that.

just ate one of my Chinese, grocer-bought, cherry peppers(?) that I grew from seed (see above post #228). Respectable heat like a jalapeno I guess:

10981492443_4a103d039b_n.jpg

10981393816_4c8c9389ed.jpg

first snow this season in my neck of the woods. Light snow (< 1") then a covering of ice!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRy4VxlJ2Y4&feature=youtu.be

Nice progression from last year.....outta the window , and into the ground :dance:
I sense new digs here?

The superhots have a way with kickin underestimation right in the nutz, HARD :onfire: , and for some reason, there is always a next time......

Have a good one-
DJ

Back