• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dot Com's 2013 Glog

Just made it under the wire, 3 h 18 m to go to 2013 ;) New grow started using a light for the first time this year. Don't know how many will survive (fingers crossed) because my grow room is not a dedicated grow room & consequently the temp is not above 70. Click on pics for larger view. Not got this hosting site's procedures down yet :oops:

C-Not Madballs Rusty 7-Pot (this one might not make it) & Dorset (R )

viper (L) & Douglah ( R)

indian guhahati[sp.]

over-wintering dorset (L) & red bhut (R )(no green on that one yet):

whole crop (light raised to get pic)

thought I'd post an update on my Douglah. Dropped quite a few flowers so far but, then again, she's under artificial light for the last 2+ months. Can't wait to get her in direct natural sunlight :P She's around 25"/65 cm right now. Getting very excited about getting a pod off of this one (fingers crossed) She's in a big enough pot, methinks, she's got good/nutrient rich dirt, plus- adequate lighting. What more could a pepper plant ask for?:

aduayBLY.jpg

no sexy pics of giant plants adorned w/ huge pods today :P (if i had some, I'd post 'em ;) ) Just these seedlings I'm attempting to shepherd along. First time growing the guhahati's didn't work out. Hope these two seedlings make it. L-R: barackpore (coheed), jonah (coheed), & guhahati (cmpman):

acwN6cw1.jpg

I like the Douglah plant. That's going to be a healthy tree by the end of Summer.
Hope you're right. I've done everything that I can think of so far: potted-up, new store-bought, nute-enriched, dirt, sheltered from extreme elements, no pests, etc... (fingers crossed) Hope I get at least one pod off of her as she's dropped around 10 flowers so far but its early spring so...

just potted-up my Douglah & over-wintered Dorset from 10" diameter to 13" diameter, 12 qt pots. Biggest pots I have. Only time will tell w/ those two as I don't pot-up beyond that size.

update. potted-up my peach trinidad scorp ystrdy and wanted to post a pic of my my rusty XL as well

peach scorp :party: on left, red morouga (cmpman1974) on right (potted her up, shortly after this, as well)

adrMAW1F.jpg
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]C-Not Madballs Rusty 7 Pot XL :hell:[/background]
actUcfjc.jpg

(L-R) barackpore, jonah (coheed), & guhahati seedlings update:
abuOu6aD.jpg

did some moving around. Moved the Viper plants to the window to free up space under the light. I was thinking of pulling my computer desk away from the window to free-up another 6 ft but that would be a big job. I'm still debating that. Eventually I like to get at least half of my plants outdoors (balcony in my case) Waiting for an overcast day to do that as the last 2 days here were blazers considering its still only early April. Anyway...

Viper in its new home near the window:

pic of my freed-up plants now that I moved the Vipers out closer to the window (L-R: Peach Scorp, Rusty 7 Pot XL, Douglah, & Red Morougas):

Tomato hoop from last season (someone at work gave me two tomato seedlings so I bought two of these hoops as they grew quite large- 4ft) that I will use on the Douglah or some other largish plant to keep it safe from the winds on my 4th floor balcony:

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

update. Morouga seems to be coming along (was concerned that it was a runt/sickly) plus had two seedlings hook :P - Morich (bisgolf) & Yellow Brain (coheed). Tried to nurture along morich' (not bisgolf's) before without much success either because I started them after the season was over or i'm a relative n00b to this. Anyway, here's the update pics:

used one of my two tomato hoops I picked up last season, which I got for a couple tomato seedlings a coworker gave me. I thought, at the time, that buying the hoops (around $7-8 U.S.D.each) was a waste of money but now I have a 2nd use for them- holding up monster pepper plants (not boasting ;) :lol: ) In this case- my Douglah. Interestingly, almost badly damaged it the other day by moving some things around in my room. Had the hoop not been in place, the plant might not be in my Glog today. That was a close call.
abrKb2QY.jpg

fairly recent hooks of Yellow Brain (coheed) & Morich (bisgolf). Thanks again guys.
adnWMmuj.jpg

put out plants ystrdy & today to harden- off L-R- Peach Trin Scorpion, pruned- down Dorset (been outside a week now), C-Not Madballz 7- Pot Red Cross Big Pods Twisted, & on the far right, oldest plant (orig pepper plant I grew- Red Thai pepper plant from seed off fresh Thai pod at Thai market)
abxOoAGm.jpg

Red Morouga (cmpman) coming along nicely. Haven't decided if I'm going to put this one outdoors yet. Like to keep some indoors as insurance in case something goes wrong w/ outdoor grow like bad storms, pests, etc...

advNUJqm.jpg

viper plant must be almost root bound. Will have to take care of that I guess. Done quite a bit of running to store for dirt & potting-up so not very enthusiastic about it. Plus been spending money on my guitars and associated books, cases, tuners, straps, etc... Looks healthy but the roots are prolly all bunched up right? 2 feet tall (above rim) and 2 1/2 ft wide.

abqVRblu.jpg

went out for the afternoon & came back to find that the wind had snapped one of the two main branches off of my Rusty 7- Pot XL AND, apparently, sunburned the leaves. Suffice it to say, brought it back indoors. Bad gardening day for me. Only upside is it didn't snap the plant in 1/2 on the main stalk. She'll prolly pull through. Living on the 4th floor on the top of a hill sucks (wind)

Dang wind :(
yep. I live on top of the biggest hill around AND, on top of that, live 4-floors up. Heres the sun & wind damage my Rusty 7-Pot XL rec'd even after I put it out in the waning rays of the sun the previous day. This damage happened the next day and it was even below 80 degrees. Looks like vascular damage to leaves (white areas) from direct sunlight in addition to the secondary branch that was wrenched-off of the main stalk (bottom-center of pic). I'm partly to blame for that in that I didn't whittle all the nubs down on the support stick before tying the plant to it. You can see where the nub was right next to the missing branch. I learned another valuable lesson

I have a better idea of what yourself, Mezo, & others have gone through now.

adkOxz8e.jpg

Well, they say stressing the plants makes the pods hotter....so maybe there will be an upside to it ;)
That's what I keep telling myself anyway....lol

Back