• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

♫ Durham Bull's Second Season - 2013 ♫

After a fairly successful first season growing superhots, I'm back again for some more. Thanks to all THP peeps for your expertise and your generosity with the seeds. Here is what I have germinating as of January 27, 2013.
Wish me luck!!

Bhut Jolokia - Peach - 1
Bhut Jojokia – Red (overwinter)
Bonda Ma Jacque x Y7 #1 – Spicegeist - 1
Bonda Ma Jacque x Y7 #2 – Spicegeist
Brain Strain – Red (overwinter)
Butch T x Douglah – Coheed196 1
Butch T
Dorset Naga - 1
Fatalii – RCC
NagaBon – MegaSpokaneMan 3
Naga Vipers - Jamison (2 seeds)
Naga Vipers - Coheed196 - 2
Red Savina - 2
Sepia Serpent - Coheed196 - 1
“Super Scorps” 2
7 Pot Primo – Stanbyandfire - 2
7 Barrackpore – Spicegeist 3
7 Pot Chaguanas – Coheed196 - 2
7 Pot Savannah – Standbyandfire
7 Pot Infinity - 2
7 Pot Yellow (overwinter)
TS Yellow CARDI 2
TS Morouga Blend
Yellow Scorpion SR - 2
Black Pearl - 1
Bolivian Rainbow – Kentishman - 2
Numex Twilight – Kentishman 3
5 Color 4

Padron - Lando - 7
Jalapeno - 3
Pero Sweet - 6

Sy my attorney will be contacting you for lack of updates as I have gone into pod withdrawal syndrome since your last update of August 14th, 2013 :D  Brethren we need to see some mas recent pictures and stories, hope all is well in dat garden!

WalkGood said:
Sy my attorney will be contacting you for lack of updates as I have gone into pod withdrawal syndrome since your last update of August 14th, 2013 :D  Brethren we need to see some mas recent pictures and stories, hope all is well in dat garden!

Don Ramon... it's all good here.  I have been neglecting this space for a while.  Taking care of a one year old can take up all your time.   
The chiles are still growing and ripening.  I'm just drying them for flakes & powder. 

I've been enjoying your 100 page glog.  Great stuff.  Love the food part of it... drool.  Thank you for sharing your recipes.
Thank you for checking in on me. 

here are a few photos.

Prik

<
Prik Kee Nu Suan by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Culantro

Culantro by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Fatalii (my nemesis - first time getting a plant & pods) waiting for it to ripen

Fatalii by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Primo

7 Pot Primo by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

some maters

IMG_8988 by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Peter Pepper...

Peter Pepper by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Santino - the garden protector

IMG_1145 by Sy.V.Bui, on Flickr

Great pics Sy, I hear ya on the one year old but gotta tell you it doesn’t get any easier as they get older but it’s all fun when they help with your grow and share in da pod tasting. We’re past the half so have a great Thur, Fri and weekend ^_^

Thanks guys.
for some reason, the photos did not load. Hmmmm 

WalkGood said:
Great pics Sy, I hear ya on the one year old but gotta tell you it doesn’t get any easier as they get older but it’s all fun when they help with your grow and share in da pod tasting. We’re past the half so have a great Thur, Fri and weekend ^_^

Don Ramon...
it doesn't get any easier?!?  Oh oh... I'm just enjoying the ride of fatherhood.
Have a great weekend

Culantro and peppers are looking great, did you grow the Padron peppers? hug for Santino    :)
The Spanish normally eat the Padron when still green are they nice red?

Lando said:
Culantro and peppers are looking great, did you grow the Padron peppers? hug for Santino    :)
The Spanish normally eat the Padron when still green are they nice red?

Hi Simon, How are you?
Thanks, didn't have much time for the garden but they did OK with minimum effort.  I did grow 7 Padron plants.  I had it when it was green, just like I had it in Espana.  The wife loved it since she doesn't eat anything spicy.  Ripen Padrons does have a kick but great with grilled meat. Love it.  It will be on the grow list for next season.

I will give Santissimo a hug... he's a really good puppy.

Did you get your culantro to germinate?  I do have plenty more seeds.

Hey Sy :)
I am fine thanks, growing mostly rocotos this year the taste is fantastic I love them. Didn't have a lot of luck with the Culantro I had one seed germinate but it died after a couple of weeks. I wouldn't mind giving them another try if you have some more seeds.

Lando said:
Hey Sy :)
I am fine thanks, growing mostly rocotos this year the taste is fantastic I love them. Didn't have a lot of luck with the Culantro I had one seed germinate but it died after a couple of weeks. I wouldn't mind giving them another try if you have some more seeds.

Simon,

PM me your address... I'll send some culantro seeds for next season.

I'll be growing more Scotch bonnets next season. Especially, MoA, Foodarama, TFM (?)... I heard the taste's fantastic.  I'd tried rocoto a few years back, took so long to pod up here. 

Sy

Back