• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's Grow Log 2010

Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy.
I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year!
Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing.

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers.

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

Some Chocolate Habs

Well it looks like the one fatali seedling is kicking the bucket.
I think this is my last time using the jiffy pellets. The first time I used them I Didnt have much success, I thought it was something I did.
But its clear for me now that potting mix works better in my case.

The only possible difference I can think of is that the temperature got really hot with the cover on the Jiffy greenhouse, but its been very cool here lately.
Can really warm temperatures kill seeds after they have been planted?

Thanks Pepperman!

Hows things in Nassau?

BTW do you have any of those goat pepper seeds ready yet.
I spent the weekend on PI last week but totally forgot to look for some goat peppers.

Same ol same ol. Boy ,Political . Liberal party people does carry on bad. Laura the woman who owns the fruit stall near super value super store slapped brent symmonette . I tell plp's does carry on bad., Its a good thing dr. sands won the elizabeth seat or we would never heard the end or were trying Ryan .Its amazin. He one by one vote !!!

The plants are looking pretty damn nice. As far as the Jiffy pellets go, I've tried it and never again will I do it. Out of 25 pellets, about 5 came out. This compared to nearly 95% success rate with good old paper towel.

I only vote FNM or not at all. I wont vote for any party that lives 60 years in the past with their corrupt heads still in the sand.

End Rant.

svtcontour said:
The plants are looking pretty damn nice. As far as the Jiffy pellets go, I've tried it and never again will I do it. Out of 25 pellets, about 5 came out. This compared to nearly 95% success rate with good old paper towel.

I hear ya, Im just upset I used the last of my Naga seeds in the jiffy's

But truly the sameold politics has got 2 stp on both side and embrace new ideas from the Wlp , Bdm and Ndp. They are younger but the youth is the foundation of this country. Let no man despise your youthe.

That sucks your peat pellets didn't do anything for you. I've always had pretty good luck w/ the min my grow box. My temps ran at about 90 F+ w/ my heat mat, actually had to leave it off to let the tray keep at around 80 F.

3.8 water is a trip too. Wow.

FadeToBlack said:
I think i've finally found a probable cause for my leaf curling nightmares.
I've started noticing very fine spider webs that my eyes can barely see in the areas where the leaves and new growth start to curl and deform.
Im assuming these are what are know as spider mites, ive never really seen them before.
So I have sprayed all my plants with insecticide and hopefully I will start seeing improvements in the new growth.

Exactly what I was gonna say... that there damage looks exactly like what the bloody mites did to my plants.

Not five minutes ago I had to go spray my last remaining Bhut, which up until now has been mite clean, because it has started doing the same thing.

Here are 21 plants that a kept out of 25 seeds planted of yellow scotch bonnet.
I've planted them in 1 qt. containers that I keep from our paint colorants.
Hopefully they will be big enough for a suntan by the time my other varieties come up (If they ever do)

IMG_1557.jpg

Well there is still nothing going on with the jiffies at day 34....................
But I have 2 red savina seedlings comming up in the pro mix, which seeds were planted 2/18/10.
So already the pro-mix is showing better success.

IMG_1561.jpg

This is my healthiest plant which is a Red Morouga. Is this a type of 7 pod?

IMG_1562.jpg

This is a Trinidad Scorpion I am trying to save, it looks like its improved but new growth still looks a bit wrinkled.

IMG_1564.jpg

Here are some of my baby scotch bonnets comming along nicely.

IMG_1569.jpg

Here is a yellow 7 pod plant which has been growing healthy and all of a sudden it starts budding and all the new growth starts to curl
and look brown and burned on the tips. This is the same bloody leaf curling Sh!t that has been driving me mad.
There are no signs of insects on this plant of any kind and it has been sprayed to prevent them for the past 3 weeks.
It has been fertilized like all the other plants I have, which is once every 2 weeks. I have a Red Savina and Fatali next to it
that are perfectly healthy (FOR NOW).

After all the hard work and attention I put into growing these plants from seed, to see this happen time after time makes me
wanna rip the plants out of the ground and just give up, because I cant find a cause or a solution.

IMG_1572.jpg

Here is a Fatali growing next to it with identical treatment.

IMG_1571.jpg

Gasificada that is that identical problem my plants are having. Exactly the same thing!.
If it was bugs on my smaller plants they are dead now and have been for weeks but some plants so no sign of any change.

You know what hurts me the worst that plants show no signs of being unhealthy.
Then the next day you go out you can see the new growth just start comming deformed and brittle.

Its really killing me that I have the perfect year long climate for chillis and they still wont grow right.

FadeToBlack said:
Gasificada that is that identical problem my plants are having. Exactly the same thing!.
If it was bugs on my smaller plants they are dead now and have been for weeks but some plants so no sign of any change.

Then the next day you go out you can see the new growth just start comming deformed and brittle.

Its really killing me that I have the perfect year long climate for chillis and they still wont grow right.

I am sure it is mites of some kind, but you're right, you 'take care' of the little shits and still no change.

Between whatever the hell that is and possums, I've easily lost 100 plants this season! I'm down to 10 seedlings and no hope for pods this season........

The crazy thing is..... I'm prepared to do it all again next season!

FadeToBlack said:

I hear that too!

BTW

I will be keeping a close eye on the healthy Morouga Red plant and using it as a test subject.
I will be giving it insecticide treatments based on the labels recomendations.

But after doing some more searching on the net, the damage doesent really look like spider mites.
And I dont think it is any type of disease considering it effects one part of a plant and the other part grows healthy on the larger plants.

Back