• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Burger Joints?

texas blues said:
IGG...being a CA guy and all, I would have thought you would be a big In-N-Out fan. (No not THAT in and out) When I was up in Alaska, there was a Carls Jr. that was okay. So many of the big joints as mentioned, lack the grease factor and tend to be bland and dry. Most of the good burgers round here close to Seattle are the mom and pop joints. I'll be moving in the next 3 weeks to Las Vegas and I'll be a hop and a skip from a joint called the Bobcat Bite which from what I have read is the shizet for green chili burgers. I can't wait. My pepper plants should do better down there too!! Ahhhh..sigh..pequins.
Ya, most people are chocked when I say I really don't like In-N-Out. Their burgers just don't do it for me for some reason.

Up here Seattle way we have Dicks Drive In, Red Mill and the original Red Robin. Red Mill I haven't had yet. Dick's has great onion rings and shakes, better burger than the other big chains. Red Robin gets "the finger" as I have never had a meal worth the dough and the service was horrible. I only have gone to RR because my gal likes them.

What! No White Castle maniacs out there?

texas blues said:
Up here Seattle way we have Dicks Drive In, Red Mill and the original Red Robin. Red Mill I haven't had yet. Dick's has great onion rings and shakes, better burger than the other big chains. Red Robin gets "the finger" as I have never had a meal worth the dough and the service was horrible. I only have gone to RR because my gal likes them.

What! No White Castle maniacs out there?

No White Castles here in Florida. We do have Krystals which are basically the same thing. Krystals are great at around 2am. More than once (in my younger days) I have fallen asleep in my car waiting in the Krystals drive thru.

Up in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, uniquely yummy burgers at "The Burger Inn" on Mcleod Trail.
They have your regular thick beef sirloin burgers, really fresh buns, lettuce, pickles, peppers, whatever you want. They are made to order. Hellagood fries too.
Cool thing is they have bison, ostrich, turkey, and at certain times of the year I think they have rabbit and even alligator.
The gator burgers are really expensive, but up here, it's as close as you get to a real gator, unless you go to the zoo.
They don't let you eat the ones at the zoo, even if you attempt to wrestle one yourself :-(
Alligator-Wrestling-l.jpg

If I had to pick a local chain burger, it would be 5 Guys. At least they offer Jalapenos and Cajun fries...Buffalo Wild Wings has a decent Black-n-Bleu burger, and you can get a BEER with it!
Krystal burgers are my classic favorite, spent tons of $$ there back in my days of delusion scarfing down munchies! Unfortunately not one to be found in my area now. Of course it might tempt me to re-live my youth. Heh heh!
A small beachside joint that has great burgers is a place called "John's Drive-in" located on the beach road in Kitty Hawk NC. It's a small little roadside walk-up place that's only open during the summer months. Everything they serve is Great!!!

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Takes a brave man to wrestle a gator in his underwear!![/QUOTE]

Less for the gator to grab on to Cap'n!! :lol:

Uncle Big, my sister has 2 gator ponds on her property in Texas. Texas Dept. of Fish and Game said she had to thin the herd a bit and issued her a permit. You guessed it. Tastes like chicken!

Cap'n that Black and Blue burger sounds pretty dang' good! I have heard a lot of folks dig the Krystal burgers.

Best burgers in the world (in my opinion) comes from my grill out back. Buffalo burger preferred.

Then when I’m trying to eat healthy I’ll slam a couple, three Mac’s from MickyDees.:lol:
Ronald Rox!!!:mouthonfire:

Uncle Big said:
Cool thing is they have bison, ostrich, turkey, and at certain times of the year I think they have rabbit and even alligator.

Bison and Gator are really tasty. There is a bison farm 20 minutes from my house, so its a little cheaper here than it was in western PA. The cajun restaurant has gator year round and its not too expensive. Then again I'm a lot closer to Florida than Western Canada is :lol:

i've never had gator before..we almost ordered some "gator bites" at this restaurant tonight, but it was 9 bucks for the appetizer so we skipped it. it was breaded too, so i guess it wouldn't be quite the same as eating just gator. i saw some live ones though. :)

$15.95 for a carribou burger on Elmendorf? Was that at the OC Mess or NCO club? I will say I have eaten alot of 'bou and more than my share of moose. Some of the best meat on the planet IMO.
Not alot for super wombat burgers in Alaska other than the usual big chains. The so-called gourmet burgers up there are the Red Robin and TGIF'. Pretty blahseh'

texas blues said:
$15.95 for a carribou burger on Elmendorf? Was that at the OC Mess or NCO club? I will say I have eaten alot of 'bou and more than my share of moose. Some of the best meat on the planet IMO.
Not alot for super wombat burgers in Alaska other than the usual big chains. The so-called gourmet burgers up there are the Red Robin and TGIF'. Pretty blahseh'

It was some stupid special at the NCO club. They had to make a special buy to get the meat at the time.

Back