• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite Favorite Burger Joints?

On the way down here to LV I stopped at Carl Jrs. for a burger. I know I know its a chain but the dealio is that thier bacon cheese burger ain't bad. Onion rings, bbq sauce, cheese, bacon on a sesame seed bun. I sacrificed the soggy bacon to my aussie pup. She gave the bacon a thumbs up. The onion ring bbq cheeseburger combo actually worked as it made one forget for a moment...but just a moment that there was a semi dry mystery meat pattie in there some where. Enough of the chains. I am now on a quest for the best mom and pop burger, which even a soso one is usually better than the chains....but then I am still a loser and a sucker because I still like Whataburger. Somebody slap me please.

Philipperv said:
One word: Dennysbeerbarrelpub.com

100_3899.JPG

How much for extra cheese?
joint.gif

Chuk...put that thang' away you might get arrested! That burger looks close to heaven! What cheese did you use? Looks like you mixesd some peps in as well. Little inspirations..how sweet!

Yeah, jalapeños on top ( fresh of course!) with more cheese melted over them. In the burger I used cheddar and some white cheese I had on hand...I think it was Havarti. I know the recipe said to use American, but I couldn't bring myself to buy that stuff!

These burgers were real heart-bursters. My wife and our friend could only eat half. I managed to eat mine but after that 2+ inch thick monster I needed a nap!

I cooked these on the Weber. I used an egg and a little bit of breadcrumbs in the burger as a binder to make sure they didn't come apart. One of them leaked a little cheese but overall....spectacular results!

that looks like a delicious burger! what exactly is a "juicy lucy"? basically just a hamburger patty with a cheese core? we haven't cooked on the grill in a while at our place...our grate is all rusted, and the propane grill is out of gas.

I agree that the best burgers come from your own back yard !
You get to cook em the way YOU like em. For me... medium!

Well, I'm not all that big on fast food joints, but today....one actually surprised me.

Carl's Jr. Now, as far as fast food goes, it's a pretty good joint. You're more likely to catch me there instead of Dirty Ron's or Burger King.

Anyway-- I ordered the Jalapeño burger and expected a few pickled peppers on thier regular burger. What I got was a complete surprise. Actual fresh, sliced jalapeño peppers, and they didn't skimp. Pepper Jack cheese, and a spicy chipoltle mayo rounded out the burger. I actually had a nice little burn going for awhile.

So, if you like Carl's Jr.or are lucky enough to have one near you, I recommend this.

**** (four stars...for fastfood)

I have been a complete failure in keeping this thread going but now have a new report. My gal came home with chix strips from 3 Angry Wives Pub the other night and I was reminded that I have been remiss in visiting that establishment. The joint has killer sliders! 4 for 7 bucks and they rock. The joint also has wings, rings and the usual apps but they really put a lot of love in the food and that is reflected in the quality. I rate them as one of my favorite joints to eat at here in Las Vegas. Cheers.

Sickmont said:
2.)Skinny's about a mile away from Duffy's(and they have dollar mugs of bud draught!)

well i can now vouch for this place as well. met up with sickmont yesterday for a burger, beers, and football. the burger was really good..my only regret was not getting a bigger burger.

the dollar beers were nice too!

had a good time meeting up with you, even though tampa gave up the game at the end. if you're up in the area, hit me up and we can get some food..preferably something spicy this time. :hell:

not sure when the next time i'll be down there will be, i'll be sure to let you know though.

haha almost forgot.. was sitting there with a sign that says "cash only" right in front of my seat and with all the other stuff to look at in there, i must've looked right past it and had $0 on me. thought i was gonna have to get back there and do some dishes! :lol: fortunately, there's a bank right next door and i was able to use the ATM.

Fun on the Island with Grafcore sunday night...

xgrafcorex said:
haha almost forgot.. was sitting there with a sign that says "cash only" right in front of my seat and with all the other stuff to look at in there, i must've looked right past it and had $0 on me. thought i was gonna have to get back there and do some dishes! :lol: fortunately, there's a bank right next door and i was able to use the ATM.

LOL sorry about that. I go there so much i'm used to hitting up an ATM before i get there. I forgot to warn ya.:lol: It was great to meet you also, bro. Maybe one day we can meet up near your house, maybe say Dunedin or something? There's supposed to be a rockin'Carribean/jerk place right on the Pinellas trail there.

I'm more of a fried chicken kinda guy, but I can enjoy a good burger.
There's this place just a couple meters from here, and it's pretty good.
You pick the burgers by the weight, which is awesome.

Although the one below does look tasty. :lol:
Scotty said:
I agree that the best burgers come from your own back yard !
You get to cook em the way YOU like em. For me... medium!

Back