• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First ever grow

hey guys my cups have a ridge on the bottom where the other cup sits on and there is water left in the bottom after i water, the roots sit in this water.. im wondering if i should be draining that excess water from the bottom or is it okay?

qcpksys.jpg

uK5sPNO.jpg

other than the CFL's, what are the other lights?

looks ok for now but as they need replanting and start to grow taller etc, you may need to look at your situation again

its fine for the root to sit in the bottom reservoir and to leave water sitting in there.
Clear cups will let algea grow easier and roots do not like light so they may die.

juanitos said:
its fine for the root to sit in the bottom reservoir and to leave water sitting in there.
Clear cups will let algea grow easier and roots do not like light so they may die.
so youre saying to use different cups not clear ones?..

FullersFire said:
so youre saying to use different cups not clear ones?..
Yes Jonathan is right ... you have made a micro hydroponic set up but you need to ensure that the roots remain in complete darkness similar to a mini DWC set up without the airation ... replace with another cup but not a clear one

All the best for this season

Trident chilli said:
Yes Jonathan is right ... you have made a micro hydroponic set up but you need to ensure that the roots remain in complete darkness similar to a mini DWC set up without the airation ... replace with another cup but not a clear one

All the best for this season
okay thanks i was unaware of this.

Back