• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First log, Will follow with weekly updates

This is my first ever Grow Log. This is also my first year dealing with growing a fairly large amount of plants in my opinion. currently I have approximately 28 Bhut Jolokai, 19 Carolina Reaper, 19 Trinidad Moruga Scorpion and 6 Habanero.
Recently (Last night) I Pruned 3 of each pepper to begin my "research" and develop my own experience and opinion on how, when and how much to prune. I did only 3 of each plant so I have many control pieces. I am hoping my reading and video searches on this subject are leading me in the correct path. I would like to get my plants to about 12-15 inches  and with a nice hardy structure before putting them in the ground. I am starting this Glog also to make me aware of the growth seeing as I see these plants daily, So I do not notice growth. Measurements taken in this log for height are to the tallest portion of the stem. I will post the log at the end of the "experiment" unless anyone would like m to post it week by week. Please leave feed back, suggestions and comments as you would like. Seeing as last year was my first vegi garden and this is my first year beginning indoors I would like all the feedback I can get. Thank you in advance.
Happy Growing
Blitz

Pruned Reaper and Habanero
pruned%20reaper%20amp%20Hab_zps6xp6uyz3.jpg

Pruned Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
pruned%20scorpion_zpsxmaikul6.jpg

Pruned Bhut Jolokia (Ghost)
pruned%20ghost_zpsff714gkz.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%202%202-26-17_zpswbpoljzn.jpg

Side of other plants
Side%201%202-26-17_zpsserqkx5b.jpg

Overhead view
over%20head%201%202-26-17_zps7avvxwsh.jpg

Overhead View
over%20head%202%202-26-17_zpsatouvzwb.jpg

Just a few pics from today. Habs are starting to have some fun, Everyone is starting to acclimate very well to outside life. A few shots of the wifes garden and then my attempt at a braided plant, I hope it grows out well.
Enjoy
Habs:
IMG_20170429_38629_zpsf8g16v9q.jpg

Everyone Outside: This is not the final resting spot, its just the main garden where I was comfortable putting everyone until they go in the ground or a container
IMG_20170429_38204_zpskc8kkl7f.jpg

Braided Plant:
IMG_20170429_3951_zpszwddhbi3.jpg

IMG_20170429_37501_zpsazmue3at.jpg

Wifes Garden:
IMG_20170429_39581_zpsntijaocz.jpg

IMG_20170429_4098_zps07095pak.jpg

Thanks scott. I just wish I had more room LOL, I am building a few raised but I need land. Lots and Lots of land...... HAHAHAHAHA My wife claims I have a problem.... Only problem I have is not having enough space.

WELL. Due to issues with neighbors and a few other things going on here, we have to move. Kinda puts a damper on things and may take this year's grow right out the window as I am not sure where we will be moving in the next 10-45 days.... I will keep everyone here in the loop and update this log as things progress. I am not giving up on my growing but this year may be a bust for the most part.

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  

I Just found you glog today, don't know how I'd missed it, and it all has been looking great!

Hopefully the move doesn't hamper your grow, the plants still in cups, pots or the like should be okay taking a trip? Fingers crossed for you man.

Hope it all works out, we're all rooting for you (and the plants!)
Good luck with it all, and if you need to start from scratch I can send those seeds you gave me right back at ya!

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blitz527 said:
WELL. Due to issues with neighbors and a few other things going on here, we have to move. Kinda puts a damper on things and may take this year's grow right out the window as I am not sure where we will be moving in the next 10-45 days.... I will keep everyone here in the loop and update this log as things progress. I am not giving up on my growing but this year may be a bust for the most part.

Definitely un-like that!  :doh:  Hopefully you can salvage something from this year's grow even if you can't keep everything. Maybe you'll be able to grow some of your chiles in pots if your new place doesn't have space for a garden plot. Lots of folks here have balcony or rooftop grows. We're pullin' for ya! :)

Thank you guys, I'm really kinda upset about all of the crap going on but we will pull through. I'm going to dwarf everything in my aerogarden, we don't have rooftops or balconies around here to grow but I am most likely going to get some of my plants to a few friends so I may not have the growth I want BUT my efforts so far will not be for nothing. I'm going to put a few in containers and continue them indoors until we figure out what is to come. Thank you so much for the continued support and kind words

Well folks, It has been a little while since I was last on with everything going on. I have sold a large portion of my grow to a couple people, I am down to about 20 plants right now, We are still not sure where we are going to end up, 11 days to figure it out. I dont know if I am going to be able to get a garden going this year or if it is on hold. If I can not do a garden, I will be doing an indoor grow. I still have my aerogarden going strong. but as for now, that is about all I have to say I guess. Glad to see everyone else is doing very well. I have been trying to read up on everyone's logs and keeping tabs on the updates I get sent. I will keep everyone up to date on the move and the grow. Thank you for the continued support folks. I am grateful to be a part of this amazing community.

One last idea, there may be a community garden near by, you can grab a little section and keep those peppers going.  There is one near me and it's really cool, learned a good bit too from others.  The growing season is still long too and hydro is fun in the winter.  Have you done any of that?

Mike

There aren't any community gardens or "garden for rent" around here. I've looked, there were in Connecticut when I lived there. It was cool to drive by and see what everyone was doing. As far as hydro.. I have done a little but it was a long time ago for..... "Oregano" but I have an aerogarden right now, it's a simple hydro system. I will be messing with something as soon as the cool weather comes and we are established in a new place.
Thank you everyone for the support. Y'all are great.

Blitz527 said:
SO, here is a little light on the situation. We will be staying at my fiance's father's place and he has a LARGE area all prepped and ready for a garden... Now I can not claim it as mine BUT I am allowed to use part of it :-) absolutely stoked ok how things always work out.

Good to hear!!! Hope your grow is bountiful!

Blitz527 said:
SO, here is a little light on the situation. We will be staying at my fiance's father's place and he has a LARGE area all prepped and ready for a garden... Now I can not claim it as mine BUT I am allowed to use part of it :-) absolutely stoked ok how things always work out.
Glad things worked out for you and good on your in-laws for offering. [emoji106] What varieties did you end up keeping?

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Back