• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow log

Howdy,

My name is Steve i live in Iowa, i have decided to try my hand at growing my favorite pepper this year and after reading many forums i decided to register here and post a pic to get some of you expert's input on my baby habs. This pic was taken today they were sowed 11 days ago, i have never attempted to grow peppers from seed so i am a complete newb and not sure what to look for as far as how things are goin so far. Thanks for any responses and take it easy.

hab.jpg

Man, if those plants were any happier, there would be a smile poking through the leaves..........

Keep it up, your doing much better than me!

Howdy
i decided to take the time to figure out my camera because them close up pod pics were blury i hate readin manuals....
so here is a few after i read the book :P enjoy
IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0914.jpg

Howdy,
so last week i showed the yellowing SIP bucket well its went all week with no water in tank and is still getting worse i think its going to take the rest of the season to dry out lol next time i will only put water in the tank when it shows signs that it needs it lol

IMG_0915-1.jpg

side views
IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

Top view
IMG_0917.jpg

this pod started dark green
IMG_0922.jpg

this 1 started more light green
IMG_0921.jpg

dayuumm looking healthyy !
Thanks Dude

i started mine about 2 months before yours... and yours are kicking mine's asses oh so badly.
good job, sir!
Thanks Charles

Your plants look great. Nice job.

Thanks Josh
Very nice, good job.

My SIP did the same. I took the bottom bucket off, it's starting to green up a bit.
Thanks Ezzer, yea i jsut took the bottom bucket off today as well to let more air get to it and i couldnt believe all the roots that had made there way out the bottom i think i may take the plastic off the top as well and next season im only going to fill the tank with water when the plant shows signs of needing it not sure why i kept it full i guess i shoulda known this was ganna happen but this is how we learn right :P

How did you fertilize your SIP? A leave in or in the water?

Howdy Emu,

before i realized that i was drowning the poor guy by keeping the tank full all the time i gave it 2 fills with MG tomato food 18-18-21 mixed at 12-12-14(2/3 strength or 2 tsp to gal h2o) 1st dose was a tank full about a week or so after i planted and the the 2nd dose was about 2 weeks after that (same with my other plants they got 2 waterings with the fert.
i've stopped now for about the last 2 weeks nothing but fish emu epsom/calcium chloride foliar once a week(which i have done since they were in 18 oz cups) at night

So fyi when you plant it in the SIP do an initial good soaking and then leave the tank empty till the plant shows signs of needing a drink then fill it and wait again i made the mistake of jsut keeping the tank full non stop and the pot jsut kept sippin it up and drowing the poor guy so i have it uncovered and took off the bottom bucket for awhile till it drys out and greens back up then ill put it back together and try again but before i drowned it it was taking off and smoking the other plants now its way behind i guess lesson learned...

best of luck to you on your grow
:cheers:

Amazing looking plants man. Nice deep colors :P
I have a little question. Hope you mind me asking here in your thread... (;
I have started my peppers around April. Transplanted them a little late and they are still very small :X
They are all Habaneros.
Do you think they will have time to grow bigger and flower some nice fruits ?
My season here end around October. I`m growing them on my balcony so they don`t get that much light.
From sunrise till 2pm maybe.
Here is a pic.

http://exotsoft.com/img/?di=0RI2
( click cant use image extension :X )
Thank you.

Amazing looking plants man. Nice deep colors :P
I have a little question. Hope you mind me asking here in your thread... (;
I have started my peppers around April. Transplanted them a little late and they are still very small :X
They are all Habaneros.
Do you think they will have time to grow bigger and flower some nice fruits ?
My season here end around October. I`m growing them on my balcony so they don`t get that much light.
From sunrise till 2pm maybe.
Here is a pic.

( click cant use image extension :X )
Thank you.

Howdy Vohi,

your first post in my thread :welcome: to the obsession....

your plants are small, however they look like there in great shape if they are getten full sun from sunrise to 2 that should be at least 7 hrs thats plenty there small so watch that you dont burn them keep a shade structure handy incase they show signs that they need it only water when they look thirsty i would start giving them a foliar feed of fish fert as well you can built your self a coldframe for your balcony for the later months and extend your season but all that said i think if you keep them lil guys happy you have 3-4 months left and should get some fruit in that time.

best of luck to you on your grow
:cheers:

Very nice grow log SRB! I've enjoyed following your season so far. I decided to try a few SIPs myself after seeing the early success you had with yours. I have five SIPs very similiar to yours and haven't had any problems with them at all so far. I used 14oz beer cups for wicks and I only fill the reservoir when it gets very low. I hope the rest of your season goes as well as the beginning did. Keep the updates coming!

Happy Growing!:party:

Back