• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First timer grow log

Howdy,

My name is Steve i live in Iowa, i have decided to try my hand at growing my favorite pepper this year and after reading many forums i decided to register here and post a pic to get some of you expert's input on my baby habs. This pic was taken today they were sowed 11 days ago, i have never attempted to grow peppers from seed so i am a complete newb and not sure what to look for as far as how things are goin so far. Thanks for any responses and take it easy.

hab.jpg

Howdy so its looks like lots of rain and storms for the next few weeks so i built the kids a playhouse

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

new stuff sproutin
IMG_0666.jpg

randumb pic
IMG_0668.jpg

Steve, those guys look really healthy. Nice little playhouse there. Boy the weather back there just sucks this year for you in the midwest and ohio valley

+1 on the playhouse! Bet you get some extra growth as well as protection from the hell storms, as needed... :cool:

You also might get some use on the other end of the season around October to finish off ripening some pods or as prep house for overwintering. Nice.

Steve, those guys look really healthy. Nice little playhouse there. Boy the weather back there just sucks this year for you in the midwest and ohio valley
Thanks LC, yea this weather is rediculous after a few 90 degree days looks like we are going to get weeks of rain/storms and then i see a few lows next week in the 30's again :hell:

+1 on the playhouse! Bet you get some extra growth as well as protection from the hell storms, as needed... :cool:

You also might get some use on the other end of the season around October to finish off ripening some pods or as prep house for overwintering. Nice.

Hey Siliman yea i was thinking that as well for the end of the season and that same structure also doubles and my grow lights cage i hung 2 2 bulb 4 footers from it and wrapped it in foil worked great but dam i got it outside jsut in time its been rainin nonstop since about 20 minutes after i got i wrapped in plastic.... :cheers:

Howdy,

some pics of my SIP its really getten big
IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

pic of the group
IMG_0765.jpg

If you look close you can see the top left plant only made half a Y when the main stem first branched all the rest are uniform he is now the "special 1" :lol:

You could tell by far the one in the earth or grow bucket is bigger and haves more leaves !!!!!! awesome, was thinking about using that method for tomatoes, now im thinking about some peppers !!!!!!! great Job!.

They all look very healthy. Nice work...
Thanks Josh :cheers:

I have some leaves that big on my Datil.but they look like Chicharrones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicharr%C3%B3n
:eek:
:rofl:

You could tell by far the one in the earth or grow bucket is bigger and haves more leaves !!!!!! awesome, was thinking about using that method for tomatoes, now im thinking about some peppers !!!!!!! great Job!.
Thanks Marito yes it does seem to like the SIP, however it is a week or maybe 8 days ahead of the others in terms of potup to 5 gallon bucket we will see who the clear winner is in august. :cheers:

Those plants look awesome dude. You did a wicked good job for first time. I cant beleive you got 100% germination thats intense. Keep up the good work son those habs will get huge. And personally i think their the coolest looking chili plant.

Those plants look awesome dude. You did a wicked good job for first time. I cant beleive you got 100% germination thats intense. Keep up the good work son those habs will get huge. And personally i think their the coolest looking chili plant.

Thanks OC, i do really like there style the bigger they get the cooler they look. :cheers:

Back