• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Florida Wild = Calusa Indian Mound = Grove Pepper

My Florida Wild is no more.... last night a gust of wind knocked it right over against a toy car my daughter had been playing with, whatever angle it fell at, it snapped it in half. She was a lovely plant... which produced a heck of a lot of pods for me. A very interesting grow for those who don't mind spending hours and hours picking pods off one bloody plant! :)

Thanks again to RedTailForester for sending me the seeds last summer.

Sorry to hear about your loss but I'm happy you were finally able to enjoy some pods from it. Just gives you all the more reason to grow another one!

It was my first loss of the season so I can't complain. I think the rest of them will make it! I only have another 3 weeks of growing anyway.

I would very much appreciate if someone would like to donate some seeds to me. I have a perfect spot for a couple of these and would love to see how it flourishs in FL.

Spicegeist said:
Another thing I noticed about this plant and I see Saugapepper's also displays, slight hairy undersides of the leaves:
floridawild5272.jpg
Do your plants display this characteristic as well?
What type of pepper plant is this? I have seen several pics that look like my plant too. I'm looking for a name.

181756BE-9061-4E93-880F-40364C07F071_zpsudisvfrt.jpg

EA04C7B7-B29A-43D8-A35D-3F9A3A6F6EF6_zps627e1qfc.jpg

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/44824-mystery-hot-pepperhelp/

Good looking plant you have there.

You know, I live in florida... I love being outdoors... I hunt, fish, camp... I spend several weeks in the keys nearly every year...

I've never ever seen a wild pepper plant.

I'm starting some florida wild though. If it takes off like crazy, maybe I'll plant some pods in the woods where I camp etc - and in the keys...

Could be fun http://www.thehotpepper.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/icon_mrgreen.gif

Ditto
I've lived in FL for 24 years. Fish and camp, don't hunt. Never seen a wild pepper plant.
I've tried to germinate two years in a row. No luck:(
Nice leaves/plant

Back