• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FreeportBum's kind of late but here is my first Glog.

Wanted to do this for a while but haven't found the time, So testing..... trying to post a pic if it works I have a bunch more.  Want to say thanks to jamie(romy6) for most of the super hot seeds.  Seeds started march 11, all plants except sweet cheese are in 10gal pots mixed with sunshine mix #4 and happy frog. 

This years growing list-
Yellow 7 pod
Congo trinidad
Chocolate naga morich
Yellow brain strain
Brain strain
Douglah
Trinidad scorpion(butch t's)- from my plants last year
Yellow sweet cheese
Long Cayenne- two varieties
and a couple other mystery plants

peppers2013_zpsa26fb9da.jpg

Well yesterday was a fun day. All of a sudden the sky went from blue and sunny to black with what looked like hurricane type wind with heavy rain and nickel to quarter sized hail.... :tear:   

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Hope all the plants made it out ok

Thanks, I'm trying to figure out how to upload video I shot during the storm yesterday it was crazy. Lasted about 15 minutes, plants are going to be ok I think, but the leaves took a beating. Just sad because they were all so full and lush I figure I lost one small plant completely I think, but all my large plants in 10gal pots I think should be fine they just look like crap.  

Hi Devan,
   Your plants are probably OK if they didn't get beaten flat by the hail or had the pods knocked off the plant. We've all been there!

stickman said:
Hi Devan,
   Your plants are probably OK if they didn't get beaten flat by the hail or had the pods knocked off the plant. We've all been there!

Thanks Rick I think they will be fine except for one, the others just look a little rough around the edges  :banghead:  

Devv said:
Sorry to hear about the hail, but nice pod array there!

Thanks, pods today made the storm yesterday not seem as bad... :dance:   or that could be the home brew....not sure which... :beer:

Thanks Rick I am looking forward to the burn  :fire:

On a side note I have been messing around with pepper pics- here's my best attempt yet. A few BBG7 pods that I picked up. Great flavor on these, I put 6 seeds from these pods in the paper towel method to germ 7 days ago and as of today I have 4 that have germed. They have been potted up  and will be my winter project  :party:
064_zps0b55e18c.jpg

romy6 said:
 Wow Dev your plants and pods look top notch and that pepper care package is out of this world. 

Thanks Jamie, hope all is well with you and yours. Yeah the pepper package was honestly one of the coolest things I have ever received in the mail  :twisted:
Here's a much better pic taken by the sender of the pods I received minus the SB7J which isn't in the picture below. I saved seeds from the ones we really liked, and will grow them next year. I'm taking your advice and growing a little less garlic in the garden and planting a lot more peppers  :cheers:
Silversurferpizzapiepeppers_zpsd133c3dd.jpg

Back