• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gassy's 2012/2013 Glog thingy

Well, Spring has arrived here in the Land of Oz and it's all starting to happen. I thought I would quit being a lazy bones and start a glog this season. Even though I'm so far behind where I had planned to be at this point, things are running along smoothly enough. I released some Neoseiulus californicus predator mites about a month ago to take care of my broad mite problem and so far, they are being amazing. A month later and I have yet to see any new signs of broad mite activity. It is still early days though and time will tell just how effective the little buggers are. And of course, I still have to get on top of the fruit fly problem (not looking forward to that one). With Spring here and new pods forming, the little bastages can't be too far around the corner. :(

A few piccies to get the show on the road. Not gonna backtrack or anything now... just some random shots of some of what's going on.

Rooster Spur - putting out first pods:

IMG_8018.JPG

Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorpion F2's:

IMG_8039.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8051.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8035.JPG

No chemicals in use here anymore - ladybug and lacewing eggs: :cool:

IMG_8005.JPG

Overwinters...

NOT Dorset Naga - coming into third year:

IMG_8002.JPG

Trinidad Scorpion ButchT - coming into third year:

IMG_8043.JPG

CGN 21500 - coming into second year:

IMG_8032.JPG

CGN 21566 - coming into second year:

IMG_8046.JPG

Pimenta da Neyde - coming into second year:

IMG_8029.JPG

Thanks for looking! :dance:

Its getting there gas its slowly getting there. Will start a glog some time or another. Have a few NTRs, yellow 7pot/pods, Bahamian goat, prik luang, jalapeƱo htm, birdseye htm , choc habs pods and a little douglah pod as well . My plants are looking pretty rough one way or another though. Weird issues galore. Some will be thrown out.

Some more poddage.

NuMex Halloween. Purple not black. :(

IMG_8381.JPG

CGN 21500.

IMG_8414.JPG

Sannam.

IMG_8388.JPG

Kung Pao.

IMG_8392.JPG

Hot Summer overwinter.

IMG_8413.JPG

Aji Lemon overwinter.

IMG_8423.JPG

Aji Lemon x unknown red chinense (NOT Dorset Naga) F1.

IMG_8400.JPG

White flowered Aji Amarillo x Yellow TS F2.

IMG_8408.JPG

Conjoined twins.

IMG_8405.JPG

Bhut Jolokia pods on sickly overwinter. Didn't even know these were here until they started to ripen.

IMG_8417.JPG

Reactions: nee
Cool, man. I take it the crosses are intended since they're F1 and you know the varieties of the parents. Pretty neat. I like the conjoined twin. If both flowers pollenate, could make a cool looking pepper!

Cool, man. I take it the crosses are intended since they're F1 and you know the varieties of the parents. Pretty neat. I like the conjoined twin. If both flowers pollenate, could make a cool looking pepper!

Call them opportunistic crosses. ;)

Intended as in, yeah, I crossed them myself, but they were not planned or anything. Spare of the moment thing really.

It would be cool if the conjoined twin takes. Not holding my breath though as, although the plant that it's on has been flowering, it has not kept one pod yet. :(

I like that amarillo x scorpion flower. Is that red on the anthers? Hard for me to see. No bac. green streaks or green tinted trinidad petals. Very cool!

You are well into it gas! Ripening pods already puts my plants to shame as they are still miles away from having ripe pods. All that bed prep and staying away from chems must have done something positive.

Those Numex Halloween pods are looking nice... Never have had the chance to grow them but they look awesome to grow...

I like that amarillo x scorpion flower. Is that red on the anthers? Hard for me to see. No bac. green streaks or green tinted trinidad petals. Very cool!

The anthers do look a bit red in the shot, don't they? But nah, they are purple.

I'm eagerly awaiting for that one to pod but it just keeps dropping flowers at this point. :(

You are well into it gas! Ripening pods already puts my plants to shame as they are still miles away from having ripe pods. All that bed prep and staying away from chems must have done something positive.

Thanks, Trips!

All in good time, my friend. ;) I think you started later than me, didn't you?

Those Numex Halloween pods are looking nice... Never have had the chance to grow them but they look awesome to grow...

I'll have to get a photo of the plant itself up. It's the smallest, most compact chilli I have grown yet.

Shame it didn't turn out black like it was supposed to, but at least the purple is still cool.

Spanish Naga producing a few pods now. :cool:

IMG_8488.JPG

IMG_8486.JPG

Limon.

IMG_8450.JPG

A few Biker Billys now. :dance:

IMG_8477.JPG

CAP 1035 Type II.

IMG_8495.JPG

"Yellow Wasp" next generation.

IMG_8459.JPG

Alien face (Aji Am x Yellow TS).

IMG_8471.JPG

Clock-wise from top left: Bhut x Pimenta da Neyde, Purple Flash, Royal Black, Peach TS.

IMG_8503.JPG

NuMex Halloween. So small and compact!

IMG_8507.JPG

:shh:

IMG_8506.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Progressing nicely Gassy. I am growing the Peach TS next season also. The pods I tried were similar to the Green TS but better heat and flavor IMO. What is the verdict on the predatory mites? You seem more relaxed about the pest situation.

Bhut x Neyde is looking good, the F1 cross I made is growing with only a hint of purple in the leaves, F2 should be more variable.

Spanish Nagas... hola!

Love the Aji crosses, great name, lol: Aji Lemon x unknown red chinense (NOT Dorset Naga) F1.

You weren't kidding about the plant being small, it would make a nice dinning room table center piece... Keep the pics rolling Gassy...

Progressing nicely Gassy. I am growing the Peach TS next season also. The pods I tried were similar to the Green TS but better heat and flavor IMO. What is the verdict on the predatory mites? You seem more relaxed about the pest situation.

Should be interesting to see how the Peach TS turns out!

It's gotten to the point where I can't even be bothered being angry at the pests anymore. I'm tired of being in a bad mood because of 'em! The predatory mites did a fantastic job to begin with but now it seems like they have either moved on or haven't bred a heck of a lot since gobbling up their food source. As a result, and thanks to whiteflies bringing 'em back in, I've noticed a few small broad mite reinfestations popping up around the place. I really need to release some more predatory mites soon but went to order 'em and discovered my supplier is out ATM. :eek:

By the sounds of it, the predatory mites keep the broad mite numbers down as opposed to actually wiping them out. Considering how well they did after the first release, that's totally cool with me, and I wouldn't even mind if I forever had to release a bunch every few months or so.... just so long as they are readily available to me!

Bhut x Neyde is looking good, the F1 cross I made is growing with only a hint of purple in the leaves, F2 should be more variable.

You are hoping to end up with something like the Tiger at some stage, aren't you? That would be totally cool! Mine isn't my own cross... I got it from Grant. My plan is to backcross it with a Bhut and see how it turns out. Still quite unstable though by the looks of it. First one I started ended up green....

IMG_8532.JPG

That wouldn't do for my plan so I had to start another! Thankfully the second one turned out black.

Might even backcross the green one with PDN too just to see how that turns out.

Love the Aji crosses, great name, lol: Aji Lemon x unknown red chinense (NOT Dorset Naga) F1.

It's a bit of a mouthful! :lol: So I'll call it Aji Lemon x NOT Dorset for short. ;)

Here is the NOT Dorset here:

IMG_5155.jpg

IMG_5874.jpg

Quite possibly Red Aji Umba but I'm not positive. The one thing I am sure of is that it is not Dorset Naga! (what it was supposed to be)

You weren't kidding about the plant being small, it would make a nice dinning room table center piece... Keep the pics rolling Gassy...

Hey that's an idea!

CGN 21566.

IMG_8519.JPG

Yellow Trinidad Scorpion.

IMG_8526.JPG

Holland Hot Fingers.

IMG_8555.JPG

Hot Summer.

IMG_8563.JPG

Datil x Limon.

IMG_8581.JPG

The mystery volunteer.

IMG_8571.JPG

And about time....

IMG_8594.JPG

Waited aaaages for C. tovarii to pop. Had actually just given up on it, turned the heat mat/box off for the season, and next day, what do you know! Heeey, don't forget about meeeeee!

Back