• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gassy's 2012/2013 Glog thingy

Well, Spring has arrived here in the Land of Oz and it's all starting to happen. I thought I would quit being a lazy bones and start a glog this season. Even though I'm so far behind where I had planned to be at this point, things are running along smoothly enough. I released some Neoseiulus californicus predator mites about a month ago to take care of my broad mite problem and so far, they are being amazing. A month later and I have yet to see any new signs of broad mite activity. It is still early days though and time will tell just how effective the little buggers are. And of course, I still have to get on top of the fruit fly problem (not looking forward to that one). With Spring here and new pods forming, the little bastages can't be too far around the corner. :(

A few piccies to get the show on the road. Not gonna backtrack or anything now... just some random shots of some of what's going on.

Rooster Spur - putting out first pods:

IMG_8018.JPG

Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorpion F2's:

IMG_8039.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8051.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8035.JPG

No chemicals in use here anymore - ladybug and lacewing eggs: :cool:

IMG_8005.JPG

Overwinters...

NOT Dorset Naga - coming into third year:

IMG_8002.JPG

Trinidad Scorpion ButchT - coming into third year:

IMG_8043.JPG

CGN 21500 - coming into second year:

IMG_8032.JPG

CGN 21566 - coming into second year:

IMG_8046.JPG

Pimenta da Neyde - coming into second year:

IMG_8029.JPG

Thanks for looking! :dance:

Gassy plants and pods look amazing I used gel capsules this past season rather than the baggies may try that this year, but with whole branches like you stated. Love the mushroom shot

Gassy plants and pods look amazing I used gel capsules this past season rather than the baggies may try that this year, but with whole branches like you stated. Love the mushroom shot

Thanks Socal!

Gel caps... interesting! But for isolation I take it? Not a bad idea at all but unfortunately wouldn't work for me. My aim is to protect full sized pods from fruit fly (similar or pretty much the same to the pepper maggot fly over there). Nasty, nasty, nasty things that left undealt with will destroy pretty much every pod in sight no probs. :mad:

:D I am liking the fungus amungus ... bad luck about those fruit flies bro. Do sticky traps work??

I haven't tried 'em. From what I've heard, they're only good for monitoring population numbers and won't actually do any good in ways of control. I put out a Cera Trap a little while ago but so far the only thing it has caught is ants and a couple normal flies. I got a tub of Eco-Naturalure too which I will give a burl... but I'm not expecting much. From what I hear, traps/lures really aren't all that effective. Bummer, huh?

On a lighter note, despite the recently discovered fruit fly punctures, things are actually looking pretty good in the garden ATM. Since the second release of Californicus mites, broad mite numbers appear to be down again--not non-existent, but down at least. It's just so frustrating when any victory in the garden here is short lived. Take care of one problem, and what do you know... bam, there's another. I can't believe these @#$%!ing fruit fly!

Some piccies of pods on plants before I have to cover 'em all up in netting....

Choco Bhuts

IMG_9117.JPG

Regular Bhuts

IMG_9121.JPG

Yellow TS

IMG_9127.JPG

IMG_9135.JPG

Bonda ma Jacques

IMG_9181.JPG

Pimenta da Neyde

IMG_9140.JPG

Spanish Naga

IMG_9163.JPG

Snow White

IMG_9166.JPG

Today's harvesto :D

IMG_9194.JPG

Screw you, fruit fly bastages.... these pods are mine!

Thanks for looking! :dance:

Plants look amazing! You really caught my interest with that Tabasco x Naga. It just so happens my only two overwinters this year are a Dorset Naga and a Tabasco that was a little late in blooming. Might have to try my hand at some pepper sex.

Why are Choco Bhuts so good? It's Winter time up here but I brought one plant in without pruning it and am getting ripe pods every so often... just heavenly little gnarly peppers.

Nice, Gassy. Good luck with all the pests. They can really take a lot of fun out of growing these things.

Thanks Doc. And yeah, I'll say! A few pests? You could maybe call a challenge. And I like a challenge.... just not one that can't be beaten!

Plants look amazing! You really caught my interest with that Tabasco x Naga. It just so happens my only two overwinters this year are a Dorset Naga and a Tabasco that was a little late in blooming. Might have to try my hand at some pepper sex.

Thanks amps! Do it! Do it! Pepper sex is fun. :D The Naga x Tabasco isn't my own but it's still an interesting plant to grow. So far Tabasco is showing the dominance in both plants I am growing, but hopefully some of that Naga heat will come through. :hell:

Why are Choco Bhuts so good? It's Winter time up here but I brought one plant in without pruning it and am getting ripe pods every so often... just heavenly little gnarly peppers.

Yup, I couldn't agree more, Charles. Choco Bhuts are just plain awesome! Taste, heat, and yeah, mine have produced into Autumn before/ripened in winter.

I am actually growing this one from a different source than usual. Interested to see if there is any detectable difference (plus I've had the seeds sitting around for some time now and I didn't want them to go to waste). I'm a bit worried it might turn out red though. I believe others have ended up with red ones from this source. Oh well... time will tell!

Very nice, uh, mini pumpkins, mill! ;)

Some of my later starts....

Scarlet Lantern

IMG_9352.JPG

Goats Weed

IMG_9353.JPG

Impact

IMG_9339.JPG

Pasilla Bajio x Bhut Jolokia F1

IMG_9341.JPG

Pimenta Roxa

IMG_9344.JPG

Chicanna

IMG_9349.JPG

Peach TS

IMG_9357.JPG

Bhut Jolokia x Pimenta da Neyde

IMG_9358.JPG

Royal Black

IMG_9360.JPG

C. tovarii

IMG_9336.JPG

I need bumpage please... ;)

And you still obliged....? :rofl:

Purple Flash

IMG_9361.JPG

Fish

IMG_9362.JPG

And on to the poddage...

Bhutism

IMG_9367.JPG

IMG_9208.JPG

IMG_9215.JPG

CGN 21566

IMG_9324.JPG

Aji Chuncho

IMG_9230.JPG

Limon

IMG_9238.JPG

TS ButchT

IMG_9247.JPG

TS Moruga - getting some dimplies :D

IMG_9270.JPG

Moar bumpage! (and this time make sure you are wearing those boots when you give it to me, Meez! :lol:)

Meez, you funny bugger! :rofl: You just wait now until it produces and I'll have a special shot just for you.... ;)

CGN 16941

(Gotta add, these things give a gnarly lip burn!)

IMG_9259.JPG

Spanish Naga

IMG_9255.JPG

Datil x Limon

IMG_9263.JPG

CAP 1035

IMG_9307.JPG

Yellow TS

IMG_9305.JPG

Aji Amarillo x Yellow TS F2

IMG_9314.JPG

Purple Summer snake - not in the hand, Meez.

IMG_9297.JPG

Harvestoes

IMG_9254.JPG

IMG_9371.JPG

That'll do for tonight. I'm ready to hit the sack. Thanks for looking! :dance:

Moar bumpage! (and this time make sure you are wearing those boots when you give it to me, Meez! :lol:)

Christ ya greedy bastidge! Yous didn't even leave me the boot comment..... :dance:

Back