• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Gassy's 2012/2013 Glog thingy

Well, Spring has arrived here in the Land of Oz and it's all starting to happen. I thought I would quit being a lazy bones and start a glog this season. Even though I'm so far behind where I had planned to be at this point, things are running along smoothly enough. I released some Neoseiulus californicus predator mites about a month ago to take care of my broad mite problem and so far, they are being amazing. A month later and I have yet to see any new signs of broad mite activity. It is still early days though and time will tell just how effective the little buggers are. And of course, I still have to get on top of the fruit fly problem (not looking forward to that one). With Spring here and new pods forming, the little bastages can't be too far around the corner. :(

A few piccies to get the show on the road. Not gonna backtrack or anything now... just some random shots of some of what's going on.

Rooster Spur - putting out first pods:

IMG_8018.JPG

Aji Amarillo x Yellow Trinidad Scorpion F2's:

IMG_8039.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8051.JPG

Naga Jolokia Purple x Hot Summer F1:

IMG_8035.JPG

No chemicals in use here anymore - ladybug and lacewing eggs: :cool:

IMG_8005.JPG

Overwinters...

NOT Dorset Naga - coming into third year:

IMG_8002.JPG

Trinidad Scorpion ButchT - coming into third year:

IMG_8043.JPG

CGN 21500 - coming into second year:

IMG_8032.JPG

CGN 21566 - coming into second year:

IMG_8046.JPG

Pimenta da Neyde - coming into second year:

IMG_8029.JPG

Thanks for looking! :dance:

Now you are just showing off gas!! Too many pods. Nice work ...that garden prep with the mulch and amendments looks like it has done wonders bro!!

Hey how are those Amarillo/ts Yellows coming along?..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am waiting for December to start mine-looks like you are gettin some really cool pod shapes out of this bunch-looking forward to getting these growing.

My Datil x Limons came out same shape...but eventually go red...WTF? I really expected a fatter but still very Limon shaped pod-and how odd I expected yellow.

Naga x Tabasco?

Like Moo said -you are smokin the curve so far!

Very nice looking pods. You are so ahead of the curve this season.

Thanks moo.

But for how long? With fruit fly just around the corner and all..... :scared:

Now you are just showing off gas!! Too many pods. Nice work ...that garden prep with the mulch and amendments looks like it has done wonders bro!!

OK, maybe a little bit.... :oops:

But isn't that what glogs are for?? ;)

Don't worry. When you guys are all loaded and showing off, I'll be shoulder deep in fruit fly!

Hey how are those Amarillo/ts Yellows coming along?..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I am waiting for December to start mine-looks like you are gettin some really cool pod shapes out of this bunch-looking forward to getting these growing.

My Datil x Limons came out same shape...but eventually go red...WTF? I really expected a fatter but still very Limon shaped pod-and how odd I expected yellow.

Naga x Tabasco?

Like Moo said -you are smokin the curve so far!

Smartass. :lol:

My Datil x Limons ripen to a dark yellow/light orange as expected, but I'm stuck on the shape! Both Datil and Limon are long... not fat! Crazy how them recessive genes work! :crazy: ;)

The Naga x Tabasco is from Grant. I actually have two plants going. I like this one the best though. Like a Tabasco but slightly bumpy :cool:. The other is producing little fat smooth pods. Scratch that, I noticed this arvo that some of the pods on the plant are bumpy also. Little fat bumpy pods.

Showing off some more.... :D

IMG_8937.JPG

Bonda ma Jacques

IMG_8951.JPG

Blondie

IMG_8962.JPG

Purple Summer F1

IMG_8960.JPG

Yellow Wasp next gen

IMG_8977.JPG

Pasilla Bajio

IMG_8978.JPG

Hmm... yellow flower? :shh:

IMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8928.JPG

Another little harvest

IMG_8954.JPG

Thanks for looking! :dance:

I hear a buzzing horde......the sky darkens...... :woohoo:
Blondie C is on my list +1...
But you taunt us with your yellow flower :onfire: ....?????????????????
Paisillas are just plain good +1

But, that is my absolute favorite plant to grow, EVER. It is amazingly beautiful.

It is indeed! Although mine is a bit on the pale side. I don't think it likes the intense sun here? Or are they just naturally a bit pale?

Do they set easily or are they a bit touchy? I think I heard somewhere they might be a bit touchy..... although I find it hard to believe as they seem to grow like the clappers!

It is indeed! Although mine is a bit on the pale side. I don't think it likes the intense sun here? Or are they just naturally a bit pale?

Do they set easily or are they a bit touchy? I think I heard somewhere they might be a bit touchy..... although I find it hard to believe as they seem to grow like the clappers!

Mine seemed to thrive most in the dead heat of summer and yeah the leaves seem not as deep green as most can get. A lot of people have trouble getting them to set fruit but I havent had that issue. Mine pound out the pods like mad men.

Hi Gas your getting some early pods and your plants look so healthy.

Thanks mate!

They *look* healthy. Amazing things you can do with a camera, eh? ;) Haha I have to admit though, this season they are some of the healthiest plants I have ever grown. I must be learning something! :D

Mine seemed to thrive most in the dead heat of summer and yeah the leaves seem not as deep green as most can get. A lot of people have trouble getting them to set fruit but I havent had that issue. Mine pound out the pods like mad men.

Interesting. Sounds like they plain just love the heat then. And in which case, shouldn't have any problems getting it to do it's thing. :dance:

Its all your ground work paying off gas, thats why your plants are so good this year I think ... that and some more positive thinking and some nice bugs!! And please keep showing off ... I will start my glog soon and you will see my comments are borne from jealousy on my part :D ;)

This should be interesting.....

IMG_8985.JPG

Aji Lemon x Doogie Howser.

Its all your ground work paying off gas, thats why your plants are so good this year I think ... that and some more positive thinking and some nice bugs!! And please keep showing off ... I will start my glog soon and you will see my comments are borne from jealousy on my part :D ;)

That would deffo have something to do with it. ;) But my ones in the pots are doing better also. I'm guessing the wider range of nutes I am using is probably helping there. Instead of relying on just the good ol' Dynamic Lifter and waterings with Triple Boost, I've also been adding compost, sheep poo and Organic Link to my mixes. And it really does appear the silica feedings are making them tougher too. They are probably overdue for another boost though.

Oh and I almost forgot.... some great advice you gave me on the Lucerne mulch too, Trips. :cool: Another additional source of nutes. As far as organic growing goes, the more nute sources, the merrier by the looks of it.

And the bugs. Predators are the schnitzel! Allowing the naturally occuring predators to actually live this season and the introduction of predators mites has done wonders.

Can't wait for your glog! Things can't be as bad as you're making out.... :P

F*ck, i was looking forward to this image in the national papers. :party:

gasbehindbars.jpg

"it was only a chilli pepper"

Mezo.

:rofl:

Or it could read: "I thought it was a pumpkin."

Back