• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Genetikx 2018

First time doing a glog but have followed others for years now. I don't expect monster 5' plants being just north of Chicago but I do expect to have a good time in the dirt and to neglect pulling weeds a time or twelve. The goal is grow a ton of peppers for sauce and maybe even get into powders this year.

We're currently rocking a 4' 4 tube hydrofarm T5, which I think is an awesome fluorescent. In the past I've supplemented with regular shop lights in the seedling stage and for overflow but might get another proper T5 soon. First time growing in this new house so hopeful to avoid mites, aphids, and the like. I'll end up throwing some plants in the backyard and then also claim a spot at the community garden.

Best of luck to all the awesome grows here at THP. Hope everyone has a great 2018.

Here's the grow list, subject to change just a little bit

Aji Amarillo
Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Andy's Chocolate Reaper Scorpion (WHP)
Bahamian Goat (AJDrew)
Bahamian Goat (Fiogga)
Bahamian Goat (WM)
Bih Jolokia X Sugar Rush Peach (WHP)
Blue Christmas (D3)
BOC
BOC X Aji Pineapple (WHP)
Brain Strain Yellow (one from my seed stock, one for grow down)
D3 Goat Giant
D3 Goat Yellow #4
El Scorponero #6 (D3)
EOB Mustard (I have just one seed lol, fingers crossed)
Fatalii White (WHP)
Flexosoum (Romy)
Habanero Mustard
Habanero Peach (AJDrew)
Habanero Peach (Paphlady)
Habanero Purple (WHP)
Jalapeno Biker Billy
Jalapeno Zapotec
OBEAH (Bumpy Lobed)
Omni Bonnet (D3)
PDN X Bonda Ma Jacques (PaulG)
Peach Ghost
Peach Ghost SS
Scotch Bonnet Allen Boatman (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet Belize
Scotch Bonnet Chocolate (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet MOA
Scotch Bonnet MOA (WHP)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (mpicante)
Scotch Bonnet P Dreadie Select (Trident)
Scotch Bonnet Yellow
Scotch Brain
Scotch Brain Long X Yellow BBG7 (Trident)

Heres a jala update. These are 3 different biker billy plants, all from the same sack of seeds. All of them have either varying pod shape or leaves. I guess the 3rd plant pic is the closest I recognize to be jala
iRoyhIe.jpg

DiMY5Yf.jpg

4zUJVn6.jpg

This is what my lone zapotec is doing. Just noticed the pod up front is growing something extra on its back. I swear some of these pods look like bells but most formed inside the house and the seeds came from meatfreak, so they should be alright.
rNAnc09.jpg

I'm concerned. About half my pants are showing some signs of this

RfNvOnS.jpg

tRoR57p.jpg

szqAn9o.jpg

zTVgUcB.jpg

Looks like BLS and probably is, but a lot of stuff looks like BLS. Pulling affected plants is not an option. Suggest removing these leaves and spraying with copper?

Only real bugs I've seen is that spider, which continues to come back to the same plant even though I flick him off every time I see him. Spots on that plant do look different. Very small light brown spots.

Time will tell on what it is. Perhaps cold and wet weather then hot? If it continues find a source for new seeds for next season; as the seeds will carry it. Also do you smoke?

The new growth looks OK, so hopefully it will pass. I'm not really concerned when the older leaves get a bit funky with what the plants go through when they get introduced to a new environment.

Looking great, Ryan! Your BB jals are a lot bigger than mine. Mine are more like your second pic. But they taste like jals and are pretty darn hot. Check out the cap in this one.
R6t4amH.jpg

My older leaves look like yours, too. My new growth looks great, though. So I'm hoping it's weather related.

Yep, one of my BB jals looks like that too...and pretty hot as well. I saw in a different thread that Burpee has made it tough to save seeds from these...meaning ppl get varying pods. I don't care as long as they're spicy

Biker Billy's have always been some kind of unspecified crossbreed. If i had to guess i would say its a jala crossed with a Fresno or a Fresno hybrid. Ive got at least 6 or 7 small pods on mine atm so its too early to tell the final shape. Im growing 2 kinds i grew last year that had good heat just in case they dont live upto the hype. I like my jalas hot.

Peach habs look productive
HLJEeHB.jpg

Paul's pdn x bonda cross' indoor leaves got beat up pretty good but new growth looks nice
NXJ8yBu.jpg

Zapotec starting to color up
txuA6ER.jpg

Same with aji pineapple, there's 2 of these plants. Spindly ugly lookin plants
RohOqJR.jpg

MOA Cardi early and runty
JzGWQNd.jpg

Feel like they should be bigger by now. That's probably due to a late plant out and then a handful of really cold nights. We've gotten a lot of rain lately so hoping they take off soon
mDnOnsW.jpg

Myself, I feel it's a nute issue, and not the 2-4D. Lots of cool weather and rain leach out the goodies. I switched to tomato tone, and garden tone, it doesn't leach like when I use the liquid nutes. I now shop for sales on that stuff, and load up when I find it. Now I only use the liquid for a foliar application.

Of course that's my 2 cents :shh:

Back