• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

D3monic said:
I got fit once before, started out around 236, started eating healthier then went paleo. Once I dropped some weight I started doing P90x and then eventually Insanity and then a hybrid. Plus I was riding my mountain bike every day. I got back down to 160lbs . Then I injured myself pushing too hard and tore something in my shoulder/back. It's been a few years now and i've slowly crept back up to 200. I need to start loosing weight again. My injury is still a problem so can't lift weights. Or even really do push ups as my arm will start tingling really bad and back/neck hurt. Going to start out trying to eat healthier again. 

Cutting out a lot of the gluten and high fructose corn syrups. if we do have a bread item it will be homemade. I need to kick soda which is going to be hard for me. 

Would like to do some more bike riding but is hard with working 12 hour shifts. Going to ask my boss if I can bring one of my mountain bikes to work and use it to get around instead of using the gator. 
with 12 hours shifts you should have some leverage convincing the boss letting you use your bike

oh, try running and hiking... and drink water - those damn sodas contain almost more sugar than water

sicman said:
@B,210 and 6'6" you must be pretty lean? 

Kinda, I wouldn't say I'm fat or lean but I definitely have a belly with some rolls and a turkey neck. @185-190 I'm pretty fit, abs and 11% body fat. My problem was I took a year off to study for the mcat and everything just gained right back, all the way to 220. I've noticed my metabolism slow down and weight gain a lot easier and loss a lot harder, so I just need to start creating good habits to be preventative 

Had a great fun ride this morning. Wife and I left Withlacoooche south trail head in the dark at 6:10 or so in the morning. Rolled on a paved trail for 11 miles then jumped onto off road trails at Croom for 30 minutes. Ended up riding 24 miles before 8:30,lol. It is really on my mind about how many calories I put in my body every day with booze.

Does moving dozens of heavy Rubbermaid tubs, entertainment centers, work benches and crates of ammo up a flight of stairs count as my exercise for today?

TrueNorthReptiles said:
Does moving dozens of heavy Rubbermaid tubs, entertainment centers, work benches and crates of ammo up a flight of stairs count as my exercise for today?

Yes. Crates of ammo are heavy.

If you have a reloading press, you could make a few hundred rounds and say that you worked on your triceps too. :rofl:

Jeff H said:
Yes. Crates of ammo are heavy.

If you have a reloading press, you could make a few hundred rounds and say that you worked on your triceps too. :rofl:
Of course I do! Why do you think those Rubbermaid tubs were so heavy? Called it quits on moving stuff for the day. I'm down in Thermopolis now. Going to go for a nice swim in the hot springs pools.

Heckle said:

thats how we roll
Yup,its funny. There are like ten places around here with cooche at the end of their name,lol.  This place is a old train track that had Florida's biggest train wreck in 1957 or something? Its a 46 mile long trail that is having a 100 mile ride this october that i signed up for :eek: not sure what i was thinking :crazy:   Its a really nice paved trail,goes through towns and cool swamp areas. Ive only been 25 miles out on it.

sicman said:
 Its a 46 mile long trail that is having a 100 mile ride this october that i signed up for :eek: not sure what i was thinking :crazy:   Its a really nice paved trail,goes through towns and cool swamp areas. Ive only been 25 miles out on it.

100 miles? On a road bike? Paved trail with no traffic? No problem. You will own that in two months!
     The way you're going at it, at least. You remind me of me back when I got into biking. Just eating it alive!

30 hard miles today in the Green Swamp,awesome ride. Came back muddy as you can get,only fell twice,lol.  

Heckle said:
dang 100!

do it to it

my sister in law has ridden across the country and several shorter trips through a few states

i just ride around at night mostly and dont track mileage
Your sister sounds awesome,you on the other hand ;)  No reason to track mileage. I do because im getting involved with team pace line riding. Actually need to buy a power meter so I can get on the same cadence as everyone else. Its amazing how fast and how much energy you can save in a pace line. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

100 miles? On a road bike? Paved trail with no traffic? No problem. You will own that in two months!

The way you're going at it, at least. You remind me of me back when I got into biking. Just eating it alive!
I hope your right,lol.

Pulled the bike out today as transportation to get to a friends house. Went there so we could meet up for a run and work out. Humidity got the best of us early though and we didnt make it as far as we hoped.

The hottest day all year. Changed brake pads on the Tahoe out in the 90 degrees.

There's my sweat for the day.

sicman said:

Your sister sounds awesome,you on the other hand ;) 

I dunno how else to say this, or I dont want to think of a way so...

If a fat dyke can jump on her bike and ride cross country then 100 miles isnt shit.

I can out ride her any day and she knows it.

Can you do it? Yes you can!

Heckle said:
The hottest day all year. Changed brake pads on the Tahoe out in the 90 degrees.

There's my sweat for the day.

I dunno how else to say this, or I dont want to think of a way so...

If a fat dyke can jump on her bike and ride cross country then 100 miles isnt shit.

I can out ride her any day and she knows it.

Can you do it? Yes you can!
100 miles ain't shot? You should have no problem losing your weight then. Get on the BIKE and let us know when you hit 50 miles.

My younger sister is an ultra runner. She ran a 50 mile race this year, she's already planning a 100 miler. I watched her run the Chicago Marathon and afterward I asked her how she felt... she said "I'm a little cold". I gave her my sweatshirt and resisted giving her a whack for being so crazy.

(Really though I am super proud of her. And her fitness levels put me to shame)

Back