• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

coachspencerxc said:
I LOVE that movie!!

Me too. It was on TV or Cable all the time in the 80's.

I ran 80 miles last week. It'll be less this week. Took my 11 year old daughter on her first hardcore mountain trail run & she loved it. She starts Middle School Cross Country this year. Going to running camp with the team I coach on Sunday. Ah, why not a picture of the daughter on her run?
2015-07-19-20-52-24_zpscanmuqrt.jpg

Nice photo! But after the Marines I hate running. :P

Scoville DeVille said:
"Getting Fit"??? I thought this was a thread showing hot girls "getting fit" into their lingerie. This is just a bunch of folks lifting bicycles over their heads n'sheeit.
On that note... Looking good LS! Who's that dude with the ironic beard and hipster hairstyle? :D
Welcome back scovie. A lot has changed since you've been gone. Siccy and the rest of us are getting fit. Who would have guessed?

Wait till you see Sic in his yoga outfit, you'll change your mind Scovie.

My girlfriend has a friend in England that is riding from one end of the country to the other. He is riding hundred miles a day. Damn, that just makes my a$$ hurt thinking about it. LOL!

My workout still consists of digging with a shovel 10hrs a day. It's a good cardio. Been walking up and down a steep hill as well.

Y'all are killing it. Unless it's a total wash tomorrow,we are getting slammed with rain I'll be biking 2 hours then walking 4 miles and running 2. Haven't lost any weight but by the time I do hit 180 I'm going to be fucting lean.Fat is dropping and weight is staying. That's getting Fit y'all. Who else feels so much better?
Come on Ben,didn't you see Rocky 4,lol.
P.S. I look great in my yoga outfit,lol.

Don't underestimate this mountain man, either. I will do like the Amish do when they fight. I'll shave that beard off your face! Haha!
But yeah, got my cardio out of the way today. Arms are too sore for any strength training today.

Made it out of Colorado alive! I'm worn out, mostly from sunburn and lack of sleep/air travel.  It was a fun trip, but I didn't get to explore/hike as much as I had hoped.  I didn't notice much of a difference breathing with the higher altitude, but the sun was a killer. Here's a quick snap of some shenanigans 
Awz4YCs.jpg

I got fit once before, started out around 236, started eating healthier then went paleo. Once I dropped some weight I started doing P90x and then eventually Insanity and then a hybrid. Plus I was riding my mountain bike every day. I got back down to 160lbs . Then I injured myself pushing too hard and tore something in my shoulder/back. It's been a few years now and i've slowly crept back up to 200. I need to start loosing weight again. My injury is still a problem so can't lift weights. Or even really do push ups as my arm will start tingling really bad and back/neck hurt. Going to start out trying to eat healthier again. 

Cutting out a lot of the gluten and high fructose corn syrups. if we do have a bread item it will be homemade. I need to kick soda which is going to be hard for me. 

Would like to do some more bike riding but is hard with working 12 hour shifts. Going to ask my boss if I can bring one of my mountain bikes to work and use it to get around instead of using the gator. 

Back