• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Getting Fit!

did some jogging with my girlfriend. I could jog a lot longer and more but i'm trying to help her work her way up. we're only at 1.3 miles right now in 15 minutes. 12 min/ mile. We jogged 4 times this week so far. Going for another jog tonight and doing some yoga sometime today

Well with the heat and humidity this weekend, I think I did more fast walking than actual running but I did log 5 miles Saturday and 5 today. Not great, but I still got out there and did it.  :woohoo: 

For those who run/jog/walk, make sure you have the "Map my run" app on your phone. It is a great free app. I think they also have a "Map my ride" for Siccy and the biking crowd.

It's getting awesome up in this thread. Yall rule. Even with today being a party/rest day. We walked around the pasture and a trail in a park about 6 miles. Heavy ride in the swamp tomorrow. It's awesome out there. Make sure you see some of it.

Oh boy, now I am realizing how out of shape I am. No one touch me right now! You might stick to me!

Working on my abs today. Trying what worked for me before, which is to alternate days. One day work on arms/legs/chest/back and then abs/butt/etc the next. Throw in a little cardio each day as well with the occasional rest day from all of the above.

Shower time!

I did sprint jogs today and some calisthenics.  I was on my way home from the park to do an ab work out and my dog had chewed my friend's bag open and ate a half pack of gum.  Xylitol is super toxic for dogs, I think my heart got a better work out flipping out about the dog than it did doing the sprint jogs.  :-/  The whole post about the dog is in the pet pictures thread, she's (probably) going to be fine. 

I haven't been doing a actual workout lately. Between work and home, it's been good excercise. I gained a pound but lost some fat. i can tell because my shirts fit better. Must be some muscle. That's a good thing.

How about the rest of y'all? Everybody good?

Health kick club!!!! I've lost 46 pounds over the last year and am 17 months sobber if I can just stop falling of of things I'd be money! Lol, Sic you and your lady are serious motivators!!! Misses salty and I were riding every day till my accident. Also was paddling my surf board from the ocean through the marsh to my place about 3 miles was really working doc says no surfing for now. NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO!!! CRYING :( but as soon as I'm able ill be BACK!!!! :)

OCD Chilehead said:
I haven't been doing a actual workout lately. Between work and home, it's been good excercise. I gained a pound but lost some fat. i can tell because my shirts fit better. Must be some muscle. That's a good thing.

How about the rest of y'all? Everybody good?
Im doing great.  Been cycling and trying to eat healthy. Had a blow out this past weekened because friends were over but hey thats why you want to be fit. So you can go nuts once in a while,lol.  Fixing to get our bikes and gear ready for tomorrow morning. Taking the wife to the swamp for some serious fat burning.

Its so awesome everyone thats getting fit,keep it up yall and remember just cause you slip one day doesnt mean its over. This is a lifestyle not a miracle drug.

Well, Yuki seems to be fine after yesterday, we went for a half mile walk today.  I also ran 2.5 miles with a friend and did some upper body and ab work.  I'm about ready to have a snack and hit the bike to meet up with other friends and run some tai chi and qi gong before I head to my martial arts class, then I get to bike home. I'm probably over doing it today. 

i need a carbon fiber bike, my street bike weighs so much. but alas, i'm a broke student and a carbon fiber bike for someone 6`6 isn't always easy to come by

Heckle said:

Just waiting here in the 45lb club.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=155&v=gDakPTnSUDU
I LOVE that movie!!

I ran 80 miles last week. It'll be less this week. Took my 11 year old daughter on her first hardcore mountain trail run & she loved it. She starts Middle School Cross Country this year. Going to running camp with the team I coach on Sunday. Ah, why not a picture of the daughter on her run?
2015-07-19-20-52-24_zpscanmuqrt.jpg

Back