• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Good Mornin' Thread - For those that get up really early and post

Good morning. It's 24F (-4C) on its way to 36F (2C). Cold, cloudy and blustery. We're under a Winter Weather Advisory that starts at noon. Snow starting this afternoon. The little female cat's paw is not broken .... she's got a bad bite .... vet says 4 puncture wounds. She's hobbling around. We've got antibiotics and pain meds for her. Big breakfast in a bit. Watching some soccer this morning and football this afternoon. Grilling and beverages in the snow later on. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. It's 23F, on its way to a whomping 42F. The cold is starting to visit much more often. At least it's supposed to be sunny today, ha. The lights on the house didn't happen yesterday. Maybe Tuesday - it's supposed to hit 50F that day...like that's warm. Plan on watching some football today. Maybe work on Seed Train stuff. Harry, glad the kitty is ok and nothing broken. Hopefully the meds will help and she feels better soon. And what's this grilling? Ain't 'cha got no turkey left, lol? I also hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and dodge the snowflakes.

Good morning. 10-22F and lightly snowing. The cat is going looney staying inside for a few days as she hates the snow. Not much to catch anyway. We’re meeting a CG guy to help cut old carpet to use as markers between everyone’s plot. Then we’ll take him out for lunch. Not too busy a day.
Lots of leftovers for dinner.
Have a great weekend. Stay warm and healthy.

Good morning. It's 23F, on its way to a whomping 42F. The cold is starting to visit much more often. At least it's supposed to be sunny today, ha. The lights on the house didn't happen yesterday. Maybe Tuesday - it's supposed to hit 50F that day...like that's warm. Plan on watching some football today. Maybe work on Seed Train stuff. Harry, glad the kitty is ok and nothing broken. Hopefully the meds will help and she feels better soon. And what's this grilling? Ain't 'cha got no turkey left, lol? I also hope everybody has a super Saturday. Be safe out there and dodge the snowflakes.
Lots of turkey left. In fact, Grandma and granddaughter are picking the turkey carcass .... I guess we'll be having turkey tetrazinni in the near future!

Good morning. It's sunny and 25F, on its way to 47F. Processed another ferment yesterday. Will bottle today. Only one ferment left to do, but I'm in no hurry. Need to run a few errands today, then home and watch some NFL. Hope everybody has a peaceful and restful Sunday. Be safe out there and watch out for those Black Friday deals!

We finally get snow - thankfully not too much. High today will be ~35F. Christmas music is going and we will be putting up our tree and other decorations today. My oldest hen got a small wound on her left breast the night before last. I've cleaned it and she seems to be doing fine, but I am going to keep all of them in their run rather than let them free-range for some time. Tonight, there is a very high probability that I will open up a bottle of Quinta do Noval 2014 LBV port.

Good morning. It's 26F on its way to 36F. Beautiful crisp sunny morning with a blanket of snow. One of those "snow-blind" mornings. Taking it easy this morning. Office work this afternoon and I'll have the NFL on in the background. My wife is cooking down the turkey carcass and vegetables for stock. It smells wonderful in here. The little cat is starting to get some energy back and wander around the house but she's barely using her right front paw. Be safe and be good.

Good morning. 18-36F with sun and blue sky. A beautiful day. Another indoor day for the cat, though she does get to sit under the bird feeder on the deck and watch. We spent a bit of time yesterday cutting up used carpeting to be used in the CG - marking boundaries. We have one guy who always oversteps his area. “Gotta get more squash,” he’ll say. Of course the plants vine, etc. I’m tempted to pull them all out . . .
Have a wonderful Sunday. Enjoy the sports games and leftovers.

Morning lovelies, Saturday was a huge success. Quick update.

My lovely Patchi was adopted, she was one of my nervous nellies - so frightened when she came in.
eKtLfpym.jpg

And this is one of the 2 pups adopted Saturday, only 6 left to place :D
U5Y6zx3m.jpg

Morning all, as you can see above a very busy Christmas Fair on Saturday, loads of money raised and dogs adopted.
Back to Monday a.m. dull and cold out there, least it's not raining yet.
Chores this morning and work this p.m. weather dependent.
Have a good Monday, keep warm, calm, dry and smile :D

Good morning. It's cloudy, breezy and 39F, on its way to 44F. Finally, found a set of used tires for the old gray truck. I'm going to pick them up today, driving an hour each way to do so. After I get them put on, maybe it will pass inspection. I put all of 200 miles on this truck last year. Don't need to invest $1,000 for a new set of tires. Not sure what's going on after that. Maybe a nap will be in order, lol. Hope everybody has a marvelous Monday. Be safe out there and drive safely.

Good morning. It's 21F on its way to 39F. DR: I've got a truck that I put <100 miles on in a year. I have to make a point to remember to go out and start it every few weeks (this time of year) or I have battery issues. During mowing season I get it out and drive it a couple of miles after each time I mow. The rest of the time we use it like a UTV and it doesn't leave the property.
I've got some office work this morning and then running some errands. Might stop for Mexican or Chinese buffet at lunch. The little cat is slowly on the mend. Nothing else is going on. Got out some steaks to grill this evening. Be safe and be good.

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 22F on its way to 45F. The last of the snow should melt today. Office work this morning ..... then working in the seedling room (getting it all cleaned up and ready for the Spring). Went for Chinese buffet yesterday. I am still recovering. Didn't get to those steaks last evening .... they're on the menu for tonight. Be safe and be good.

Back