• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

=[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

This is my thread. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My thread is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My thread, without me, is useless. Without my thread, I am useless. I must fire my grill true. I must shoot my dishes straighter than my enemy who are trying to outshoot me. I must shoot food before it shoots me. I will...

My thread and myself know that what counts in this war is not the dishes we fix, the noise or pots clanging, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hit dishes that count. We will hit...

My thread is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its photos, its visitos and its banter. I will keep my thread clean and ready, even as I am clean dirty and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My thread and myself are the defenders of my cuisine. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!​
9879E4FD-1F8D-4BB5-A472-311B4F2B5EF7-362-00000118D806EFDD.jpg

So as not to have to endure people's interpretations of the rules, I'm squatting in this hole, where there are no rules whatsoever. Feel free to share in this thread, there are no rules here. Be free.

grantmichaels said:
I'm not going to be getting one of these since I decided I needed a brewery, lol ...

But I would have, otherwise ...

I didn't read this press release because I'm working tonight, but months ago they were talking about having to develop a new process to make much smoother steel ...

http://www.bakingsteel.com/baking-steel-griddle

That's a plancha.

Kenji, you know that guy, over at SE, has whore'd for at least a year or two about that 'thang.

Yeah, I know ... I planned to buy one ...

But, I've already extended myself picking up brewing gear, and that's a bit pricey for someone w/ an glass-top =) ...

grantmichaels said:
Yeah, I know ... I planned to buy one ...

But, I've already extended myself picking up brewing gear, and that's a bit pricey for someone w/ an glass-top =) ...

What?

You're brewing beer on a glass top?

: sounds taps :

Doesn't really matter, glass top electric, electric, gas.....

I prefer gas but end up not really giving a sheeit about it.

'Lectric for The Blues Kitchen.

Gas for bigass betty in the garage.

I gotta' admit somethin'.

For many years in Alaska when out in the bush I'd cook over a single burner Coleman multi-fuel camp stove.

About once ever 2 months I whip out that thang and slap my little cast iron pan on her.

The mini plancha.

texas blues said:

What?

You're brewing beer on a glass top?

: sounds taps :

Doesn't really matter, glass top electric, electric, gas.....

I prefer gas but end up not really giving a sheeit about it.

'Lectric for The Blues Kitchen.

Gas for bigass betty in the garage.

I gotta' admit somethin'.

For many years in Alaska when out in the bush I'd cook over a single burner Coleman multi-fuel camp stove.

About once ever 2 months I whip out that thang and slap my little cast iron pan on her.

The mini plancha.

Nah, electric ... brewing in the extra bedroom - which happens to have really convenient spigot access right outside the window ...

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/53751-grantmichaels-n00b-brew/page-20

nice freezers Grant. If I was you I would check to see if they are all on the same circuit and what else is on that circuit.   You might want to  figure your load on that circuit  and breaker  if so .   198 energuide is awesome for a chestie that size btw.  

Booma said:
........not the great #sousgate, gonna have to grill some steak soon just to let it be known

Preach it! ...

I'm figuring you'll throw down some burgers these next two weekends ...

In my mind I'm trying to figure out what I would really have to do to compete ... right now, actually ...

Full-on.

I posit - from my paella experience - that saffron is what makes that tasty orange heaven on quesadilla ...

Always an experiment, this cheese is new to me ...

And so is this ...

Lots of unknowns, but I needed to check out the duck fat before I slider w/ it next weekend!

Shallot getting happy w/ applewood smoked seasoning salt and chili threads ...

Here we go!

Learning to not be lazy and remove stuff from the pan and wiping it like the line cooks used to do where I worked ... gas makes that practical.

I pre-toasted the tortillas in duck fat behind caramelizing the shallot, after de-glazing with saffron water ...

Fuck it, Tapatalk has closed three times now, losing pics each time.

Here, pic dump since EVERYTHING is ghetto today ...

Posting before it craps out again!

SmokenFire's El Cap is killer!

Pics to follow if possible.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433634993.538424.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635008.397009.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635019.604914.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635032.572644.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635042.182218.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635060.557286.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635073.675022.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635082.942012.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635092.977020.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433635102.060290.jpg

Damn, that looks killer!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That is a great looking quesadilla! Looks just like what JayT said, queso fresco 

Jay actually made a funny... queso cheese = chesse cheese... but in the states products insist on using that term. ;)

Back