• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

=[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

This is my thread. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My thread is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My thread, without me, is useless. Without my thread, I am useless. I must fire my grill true. I must shoot my dishes straighter than my enemy who are trying to outshoot me. I must shoot food before it shoots me. I will...

My thread and myself know that what counts in this war is not the dishes we fix, the noise or pots clanging, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hit dishes that count. We will hit...

My thread is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its photos, its visitos and its banter. I will keep my thread clean and ready, even as I am clean dirty and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My thread and myself are the defenders of my cuisine. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!​
9879E4FD-1F8D-4BB5-A472-311B4F2B5EF7-362-00000118D806EFDD.jpg

So as not to have to endure people's interpretations of the rules, I'm squatting in this hole, where there are no rules whatsoever. Feel free to share in this thread, there are no rules here. Be free.

Status ...

Stuck in the middle ...

SVS on the left, at 167F ...

Sansaire on the right, at 131F ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434848486.422380.jpg

Lobster and eggs for late brunch, dinner ...

tctenten said:
You can use a ziplock bag with a bottom corner cut off as a homemade piping bag. You just won't have the decorative tips.

Fold a couple 2-3" layers of foil into cone shape on one side and around the end of any piece of silverware on the other.  Insert into the corner of the ziplock bag.  Fill bag with mashed, pipe into gourmet looking shizzle.  On the fly catering trick.  (note:  we used foil cupcake liners, but you know what I'm takin bout.)

Other trick - butter a measuring cup or other such small round container.  Fill with potatoes.  Invert and pat out onto plate.  Drag tines of fork or wire whisk up the sides.  

:) 

I went Four Cheese masher and all the bag juices ...

I don't even know how - my language skills literally prevent my describing how tasty that was ...

The lemon, the (non-whey) portion of the bag juices, and those eggs ... oh ... my ... rich and creamy, and yet kind of light and fresh from the lemon ...

Amazingly tasty, and if I wasn't also doing the ribs ... simple.

My mouth was watering thinking about sous vide lobster, then you went and ruined it with those damn unborn chicken embryos.  Blech.  Such a shame.

Get used to it ... those things are awesome, and what I should eat ;)

Righteous grub - really, really satisfying ...

I'm ordering in some fresh grouper and shrimp this week ...

Working on adding more fish to my diet ...

Ashen said:
I know there is a sous vide risotto recipe.. Although you will probably have to buy another circulator cause it cooks at a higher temp  than the lobster.   :P   good thing the fathers day sale is on..  50 bucks off.  lol
Dam yeah that with a nice risotto!!!!! Shut Your Mouth!!! Drooling all over the screen.
JayT said:
My mouth was watering thinking about sous vide lobster, then you went and ruined it with those damn unborn chicken embryos.  Blech.  Such a shame.
JayT you so crazy!!!! At least it's not a chicken omelette!!!!
grantmichaels said:
Get used to it ... those things are awesome, and what I should eat ;)

Righteous grub - really, really satisfying ...

I'm ordering in some fresh grouper and shrimp this week ...

Working on adding more fish to my diet ...
That really looked fantastic sitting here eating cheerio cereal!! :(
Here SC SOME FANTASTIC GROUPER oops sorry cap lock! Makes killer fish sandwich!! :)

FreeportBum said:
here you go playah- play on  :cheers:
Fermented waffles/pancakes-  have to start with a good sourdough starter so if you don't have one you need to make one for the recipe.

2 cups flour- I use 1.5 cups kaap and .5 cup sprouted whole wheat- but you can use all kaap
2 tbl sugar- I use real maple syrup
2 cups real good quality buttermilk
1.25 cups unfed sourdough starter

Combine ingredients and let sit overnight on the kitchen counter- it will start to bubble away like a mofo

in the morning add all of the "sponge" you made the night before to the following

2 large eggs at room temp
1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla- you can leave this out if you like
1 tsp baking soda

makes waffles or pancakes, sourdough with the buttermilk gives them this awesome "twang" that I can;t really describe. you have to try it to know what im talking about I think.  if anyone makes them you won;t be disappointed
We made these this morning. Everyone loved them. Very good, I preferred them as waffles as opposed to pancakes, but great flavor. Another great WaffleBum recipe.

Back