• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

=[ grantmichaels' skunkworx thread ]=

This is my thread. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My thread is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My thread, without me, is useless. Without my thread, I am useless. I must fire my grill true. I must shoot my dishes straighter than my enemy who are trying to outshoot me. I must shoot food before it shoots me. I will...

My thread and myself know that what counts in this war is not the dishes we fix, the noise or pots clanging, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hit dishes that count. We will hit...

My thread is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its photos, its visitos and its banter. I will keep my thread clean and ready, even as I am clean dirty and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My thread and myself are the defenders of my cuisine. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!​
9879E4FD-1F8D-4BB5-A472-311B4F2B5EF7-362-00000118D806EFDD.jpg

So as not to have to endure people's interpretations of the rules, I'm squatting in this hole, where there are no rules whatsoever. Feel free to share in this thread, there are no rules here. Be free.

#taxreturn ;)

THP always talkin' about tri-tip ...

I have a negative connotation of it from buying crappy grocery store version (comes in parts, often), so I thought I'd buy the one from these folks and see if I can't change that ...

kibaumm said:
Hey, sorry my ignorance, but wtf is that igrill?? huaeshuaeshuaeshuaes

It's like a Maverick, but it's based on client apps for smartphones as the UI instead of an receiver device ...

It was annoying to take pictures of the Maverick - trying to keep the backlight on and get a focused shot was a real PITA, actually ...

My Mav broke on Thanksgiving cook, so I replaced it w/ the iGrill 4 probe unit ... but the 4x probe unit only comes w/ 2x probes ... those are the extra two probes to be able to use all 4x, finally ...

Now you know - and knowing is half the battle =)

I've had to devise a new system of exploring cooking/diet ... I've had to get a todo list of sorts in place, some GTD-fu or some shit ...

Instead of keeping this massive facade of shit in my brain's foreground, and stocking gear and ingredients for when my free time comes, I'm keeping it binary going forward - I'm only going to have the choice between which of the next two things I'm going to explore ... A, or B. I have a text file with a bunch of stuff I've throught of, but now I'm only allowed to spend resources (time or money or otherwise) on the two concepts which are imminent.

An example, this weekend - there's only two things I'm allowed to read about, shop for, or spend time on (incl taking and processing photos, for example) - A) Chili/Corn-bread, and B) Mexican Rolls ...

I'm not allowed to run a muck on the tubes about all the things, lol ...

We got the kitchenware all organized, and now I'm getting the process overhauled and streamlined a bit more so I can make time for exercise and other hobbies - mostly because I miss programming the little IoT devices, really ...

I figure I'll add a pitbarrelcooker.com to my pit eventually, and spend one weekend of the month smoking on all the shit concurrently, and leverage the hell out of vacuum sealing to make most of the meat for a month's worth of cooking in a weekend. That's where sous vide DOES shine, carefully reviving vac-sealed food from the freezer.

That's the only way I'll be able to also grow some poddage, which I also want to do (again) ...

And so it begins ...

OK ... I could use a little outside help ...

Have some stuff going on ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423279679.885940.jpg

and also kind of very hungry FOR LUNCH ...

Yes, really ...

The good news is that my mail order meat arrived frozen solid, the bad news is that my mail order meat is frozen solid, LOL ...

So, that leaves Daffy and Co. ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280077.192243.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280167.344261.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280093.763286.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280105.190231.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280113.590452.jpg

What's the easiest thing to make w/ this duck (I've never eaten duck)?

Any input is awesome!

The backchannel is the quarter bottle of Hornitas that I smashed during the cook-til-dawn TD sesh, and how close I was to forgoing the ingredient list/instructions and taking the DQ this morning -well afternoon really ...

#headache

The Amish have massive Honey Crisp ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423794930.671564.jpg

And a nice sized tail I found in the freezer ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423794971.374753.jpg

I'm going to have to go back closer to closing, when it'll be less busy ...

grantmichaels said:
OK ... I could use a little outside help ...

Have some stuff going on ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423279679.885940.jpg

and also kind of very hungry FOR LUNCH ...

Yes, really ...

The good news is that my mail order meat arrived frozen solid, the bad news is that my mail order meat is frozen solid, LOL ...

So, that leaves Daffy and Co. ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280077.192243.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280167.344261.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280093.763286.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280105.190231.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423280113.590452.jpg

What's the easiest thing to make w/ this duck (I've never eaten duck)?

Any input is awesome!

A nice curry would be..............

nice!

yummy post-shopping snack sushi ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559564.361556.jpg

i guess i was in the mood today, woke up and order PepperDaddy's and LDHS's catalogue, but then felt inclined to support the guy at my spot, too ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559669.100757.jpg

i took his card so i could email him that co-packer in Orlando that lots of folks use - it's a neat name, but one i can't recall right now ...

anyways ... tasty.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559833.963597.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559841.820219.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559850.359970.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559858.277825.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424559866.555320.jpg

feelin' all the pepper stuff right now ...

All of Florida is the same Jay lol.

(except Miami)

Back